Western PA Sprint Series

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Western PA Sprint Series

Havent seen or heard anything about this since the new year. Did it fold already or just going to try to have events with no regular followers like the OSCS did last year? Also make me wonder who is going to follow the fast series? Looks like two uphill struggles for these series. Only thing ive seen from both is Cody Bova is going to follow the FAST and Sadie Siegel was going to follow the Western PA series. Don't look good at this point for either series but especially the western pa not even having a schedule out.

https://www.pa410sprints.com

Seems like not much listed.

Saw something about May 2019 TBA on their facebook.

We proud to announce that Steel City Indoor Karting has partnered with the Western Pennsylvania Sprint Car Series for the 2019 season!

Comment

The website says this series is for the working man. The working man needs weekly racing at a nearby track, not a new traveling series. What Attica and Fremont have is very special. Support that and forget about the WPAss.

Comment

It's a joke. Never going to happen

Comment

Originally posted by racemak View Post
          The website says this series is for the working man. The working man needs weekly racing at a nearby track, not a new traveling series. What Attica and Fremont have is very special. Support that and forget about the WPAss.
          Think Attica helped put the kibosh (IMO) to the FAST series for a couple of reasons.

They didn't add any of their races to the schedule and also having the new Fremont/Attica deal put a hurting on the FAST series (IMO).

I believe the FAST series was banking on using Attica/Fremont to stock pile their drivers roster along with adding most of their racing dates at those two tracks and then venture out a little more than they previously had to like 10 events at different tracks in OH/IN. They was hoping (IMO) to attract the normal Attica/Fremont cars to events when those tracks wasn't running and then try and pick up guys that don't follow a certain track weekly such as Travis Philo, Lee Jacobs, Danny Smith, Cole Duncan, Tim Shaffer, etc...

The new Attica/Fremont deal of making it special events by having a bigger purse or at least a higher to win prize ($4,000 to win) makes it a little special. Never understood having the FAST deal in the past and basically have the same payout ($3,000 to win/same money to start) as a normal show at either Attica/Fremont. This way it makes it a little more special and also can separates the series vs. the two tracks (IMO).
          2019 Race Counter: 18
          Tracks: Attica (3), Bubba (3), Eldora (4), Fremont (1), Mansfield (1), Sharon (1), Volusia (4), Wayne County (1).
          DirtVision: 15.
          Speedshift: 20.
          Rain: Way to many to even count already!!

Comment

Originally posted by DirtRacer42 View Post

Think Attica helped put the kibosh (IMO) to the FAST series for a couple of reasons.

They didn't add any of their races to the schedule and also having the new Fremont/Attica deal put a hurting on the FAST series (IMO).

I believe the FAST series was banking on using Attica/Fremont to stock pile their drivers roster along with adding most of their racing dates at those two tracks and then venture out a little more than they previously had to like 10 events at different tracks in OH/IN. They was hoping (IMO) to attract the normal Attica/Fremont cars to events when those tracks wasn't running and then try and pick up guys that don't follow a certain track weekly such as Travis Philo, Lee Jacobs, Danny Smith, Cole Duncan, Tim Shaffer, etc...

The new Attica/Fremont deal of making it special events by having a bigger purse or at least a higher to win prize ($4,000 to win) makes it a little special. Never understood having the FAST deal in the past and basically have the same payout ($3,000 to win/same money to start) as a normal show at either Attica/Fremont. This way it makes it a little more special and also can separates the series vs. the two tracks (IMO).
            Attica let Farmer know last year they weren’t interested in having FAST back at Attica in 2019, and it seems they don’t believe they need to bring in a series outside of the All Stars and Outlaws in order to get fans or cars. The new FAST series i believe kept the name to try and keep sponsors and name recognition but is going to be completely separate from what the FAST series was originally meant to be.

Also, just because Fremont and Attica pays a great weekly purse doesn’t mean that every other track in the area does. I believe the FAST series will be successful in the sense that it will average above 20 cars every night and have at least a handful run all of them because there are a lot of guys that want to race for more money than their home track, and don’t want to race at the same tracks each and every week.

Comment

I also would believe if Attica is getting 30 to 40 sprints weekly on Friday that if someone else held a sprint race, count would change.

I think quite a few cars would weigh the odds of if they could make the A or win it, then travel.

So if the old FAST or the West PA group holds a Friday race, they might pick up a dozen cars who feel they would have a better chanceof a win or trying out a new track.

Not seeing the western PA series being much of a contender in Ohio for traveling in very far.

Comment

Originally posted by RacinRandy83x View Post

Also, just because Fremont and Attica pays a great weekly purse doesn’t mean that every other track in the area does.
                You didn't get or read what I was saying!

Attica and Fremont had the same purse for a FAST series as they had for their local regular show .. so why have them just have a normal show? Again I like that the new series is raising the purse to make it a special event and not just another race like the FAST series had become over the years at those two tracks.

As for other tracks that is up to them to decide what the best purse is for them ... I never even stated or talked about those tracks only about Attica/Fremont.
                Tracks: Attica (3), Bubba (3), Eldora (4), Fremont (1), Mansfield (1), Sharon (1), Volusia (4), Wayne County (1).
                DirtVision: 15.
                Speedshift: 20.
                Rain: Way to many to even count already!!

Comment

Originally posted by RYAN5R View Post
                  It's a joke. Never going to happen
                  This is true.👍🏻

Comment

This will be my last EVER post about the subject all of these new or newer series . If we are going to have all these series, we are going to need the following : more 410 Sprint Car teams, more people willing to attend a car race, and more tracks ( especially the ones who normally do not race open wheel cars ). I don’t see any of that happening, so all we have is dilution-dilution-dilution. More entities fighting for a slice of the pie which is getting smaller, not larger. As some of these go by the wayside in the next 1-3 years, we might return to normal.

Comment

Originally posted by Muddy99 View Post
                      This will be my last EVER post about the subject all of these new or newer series . If we are going to have all these series, we are going to need the following : more 410 Sprint Car teams, more people willing to attend a car race, and more tracks ( especially the ones who normally do not race open wheel cars ). I don’t see any of that happening, so all we have is dilution-dilution-dilution. More entities fighting for a slice of the pie which is getting smaller, not larger. As some of these go by the wayside in the next 1-3 years, we might return to normal.
                      I agree. Without new teams forming up, the weekly tracks could possibly suffer. Last year Fremont and Attica had some marginal car counts for weekly shows. I’ll be attending mostly “ weekly events “ in 2019, but to each their own.

Comment

Originally posted by Food For Thought View Post

I agree. Without new teams forming up, the weekly tracks could possibly suffer. Last year Fremont and Attica had some marginal car counts for weekly shows. I’ll be attending mostly “ weekly events “ in 2019, but to each their own.
                        Fremont: No Change
                        Attica: Decreased 2
                        Atomic: Decreased 3
                        Wayne Co: Decreased 5.5
                        Sharon: Ran too few shows to be considered semi-weekly and cannot be included in this analysis.

For reference: *Each section includes all sections to the left of it in 2017* the 2018 chart is each individual group and does not include those to the left. I.e the Fast/OSCS/OVSCA/BOSS does not include the unsanctioned races. The 2017 version does.

Unsanctioned FAST,OSCS,OVSCA ASCoC ALL RACES (Inc. WoO)
                        Track Avg Car Count # of Races Avg Car Count # of Races Avg Car Count # of Races Avg Car Count # of Races Low Count High Count
                        Attica 32 3 31 9 37 13 38 14 24 58
                        Atomic 14 1 24 7 32 11 32 11 14 53
                        Wayne County 23.5 4 26 9 31.5 14 31.5 14 19 57
                        Fremont 19 3 26 12 26 12 26 12 14 42
                        Unsanctioned FAST,OSCS,OVSCA,BOSS ASCoC & WoO ALL RACES
                        Track Avg Car Count # of Races Avg Car Count # of Races Avg Car Count # of Races Avg Car Count # of Races Low Count High Count
                        Attica 35 2 28 5 43 6 36 13 21 (6/1) 56 (6/15)
                        Sharon 29 4 39 1 44 3 36 8 28 (6/30) 48 (6/19)
                        Atomic 28 7 24 6 44 2 29 15 12 (4/21) 47 (6/23)
                        Fremont 21 1 26 9 N/A 0 26 10 19 (8/4) 39 (9/15)
                        Wayne County 19 6 24 4 40 3 25 13 14 (8/4) 52 (6/18)
                        Attica (7), Fremont (4), Wayne Co. (2), Lawrenceburg (1), Butler (1), Mansfield (1), Gas City (1), Waynesfield (1)

Comment

For the last time, fast was never done for purpose of purse........ Fast was done thru points money!!! This was designed that way to pay more money to the local/regulars and help keep them racing, not adding to purse and paying a non regular like Stevie Smith Jr

Comment

Originally posted by DirtRacer42 View Post

You didn't get or read what I was saying!

Attica and Fremont had the same purse for a FAST series as they had for their local regular show .. so why have them just have a normal show? Again I like that the new series is raising the purse to make it a special event and not just another race like the FAST series had become over the years at those two tracks.

As for other tracks that is up to them to decide what the best purse is for them ... I never even stated or talked about those tracks only about Attica/Fremont.
                            I think the original concept of FAST was just a point series between Attica & Fremont. I believe their was no sanctioning fee (please correct me if I'm wrong anyone) but there was a point fund. Essentially it was for the racers 410s & 305s who raced at both tracks to have a little more incentive & help the local teams. The fans knew it was a local show when they saw FAST on the schedule, it just meant that race would count towards the points. That is why the purse stayed the same because it was just another weekly race, just counted towards another point system as well

It didn't become a "traveling series" until the past few seasons. The AFSC is essentially what FAST used to be just adding to that weeks purse more and really probably better. IMO, a lot of these smaller series are basically over saturating the race market and hurting themselves. They should pull their resources together and help grow the pie instead of trying to take a bigger piece of it. I never understood the need of having a series for the local racer that travels to more than 2 or 3 tracks. What Attica & Fremont do is very smart, racers race there anyway so add some more incentive to help the teams. Same with Attica & WCS with late models. I wish a track in southern Ohio would race on Fridays and partner with Atomic and help the racers grow down there.

Comment

I don’t know why but all the Friday tracks in Southern Ohio seem to have REALLY struggled. Since 2015 Skyline has shut down (twice), legendary hilltop, Jackson (shut down twice but back up), southern Ohio, 250 speedway (2x). The only track who’s been able to stay open consistent is Moler down there, and I imagine once the Moler family decide to move on it’ll end like the rest.
                              Attica (7), Fremont (4), Wayne Co. (2), Lawrenceburg (1), Butler (1), Mansfield (1), Gas City (1), Waynesfield (1)

Comment

Working...
                              X