Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Greg wilson

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Greg wilson

    MIA in Florida. Did I miss the announcement of his plans?

  • #2
    The only thing official that I have seen is in this months issue of SC&M magazine in an article about his life on the road with the WoO. He goes on to say he will be running a true 'outlaw' schedule this year with a mix of All Stars & Outlaws races in the Midwest.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Motorhead View Post
      MIA in Florida. Did I miss the announcement of his plans?
      Would say his budget didn't allow him to make the trip to Florida especially when you think about the competition there and trying to be competitive and make money as well or at least run well.

      If you look at some of the teams that was in the B-Main who was struggling I got to believe it would have been tough for Greg those 2 weeks as well.

      Volusia isn't the easiest track on equipment either and not sure it really fits Greg's style either because it usually stays fairly wet, tacky, and doesn't dry up / rubber up a lot of times which seems to work best for Greg.

      Originally posted by Saphead View Post
      The only thing official that I have seen is in this months issue of SC&M magazine in an article about his life on the road with the WoO. He goes on to say he will be running a true 'outlaw' schedule this year with a mix of All Stars & Outlaws races in the Midwest.
      Would actually like to see him come back to the All-Stars and see how he could do at that level and then hit another 20-30 WoO shows in the area / big shows.

      ADDED:
      For anybody that followed the racing down in Florida knows that DD struggled while down there and in these tweet tells me he didn't feel it was worth going down there and likely won't next year because of the competition, the expense of travel/lodging/food/etc... then the wear and tear on equipment and also what money you can get from these type of events. He admitted this past weekend that he struggles on tracks like Volusia and is use to more of a paperclip type of tracks such as Williams Grove.

      Danny Dietrich


      Danny Dietrich
      @dannydietrich
      27m

      Feels good to be back home and back to "work". Time to rethink this whole "We're going to FL to race" thing in the future years.
      Last edited by DirtRacer42; February 12th, 2019, 10:42 AM.
      2019 Race Counter: 7
      All-Stars: 5
      World of Outlaws: 2
      Tracks: Bubba (3), Volusia (4).
      Rain: 1

      Comment


      • #4
        Pretty sure Greg is on his way to Florida to run King Of 360's at Eastbay.
        2019 RACE COUNTER: 15

        Volusia - 4, Bubba - 3, Lincoln - 1, Williams Grove - 2, Port Royal - 2, Attica - 1, Waynesfield - 1, Virginia - 1

        Comment


        • #5
          I’m glad Greg passed on 410’s in Florida. Racing 410’s in Florida in February is a great way to start the year off in the hole, financially.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Food For Thought View Post
            I’m glad Greg passed on 410’s in Florida. Racing 410’s in Florida in February is a great way to start the year off in the hole, financially.
            Your name implies you have insightful observations. This is one.

            Comment


            • #7
              Volusia is a cool track but I wish they raced a few shows at EastBay too.

              Comment

              Working...
              X