Jackson Co. Closes Again

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson Co. Closes Again

Brad McCown has again decided to shutter Jackson Co after being able to secure a healthy amount of sponsors for the season. I can understand it, we discussed in another thread how Friday night tracks have been unsuccessful down there despite any owners best efforts. The track and land are back up for sale again for $125k. 37 acres and 3 ponds.
    2019 Race Counter: 18
    Attica (7), Fremont (4), Wayne Co. (2), Lawrenceburg (1), Butler (1), Mansfield (1), Gas City (1), Waynesfield (1)

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...n__=%2As%2As-R

Comment

OVSCA loses a few races that were scheduled there plus some other 410 races.
      Does this place have many buildings besides bleachers?

Comment

Originally posted by RRacer70 View Post
        No Idea. Have never been, not for a lack of trying. They close every time I plan on going there
        Attica (7), Fremont (4), Wayne Co. (2), Lawrenceburg (1), Butler (1), Mansfield (1), Gas City (1), Waynesfield (1)

Comment

Originally posted by RRacer70 View Post
          Went on Facebook and saw some sky views with a couple small buildings off the side. Might be Tix booth, restrooms, or concession stands. The grandstands don't look all that big but it's hard to tell from a picture. Looks like the did some construction to the fence & wall back in 2016. Didn't look like they were running sprints that often but was holding out hope they could make Fri work down south. Not sure if there are enough businesses or people down there for sponsorships

Comment

Originally posted by GTigers55 View Post

No Idea. Have never been, not for a lack of trying. They close every time I plan on going there
            Same. Buddy asked me a few days ago if I was going to one of the 410 shows and I replied "Yea, if they're still open by then." Was optimistic that they would make it work this year but, here we sit again.
            TweetTweet - TheAMain

Comment

Annnnnd its back open. Harold McCormick, the promoter of Ona WVa. Speedway has struck a deal to take over the track.
              TweetTweet - TheAMain

Comment

This track has changed hands and operators way too many times in the past 5 years. Wish them success. Interested to de what they’ll do for a schedule.

Comment

On a is an asphalt track and boasts only one in w.va. quick look at website and looks nice so maybe there hope for Jackson. Then again there is track prep on dirt that he don't have to do currently.

Comment

Was there one time many years ago but unfortunately they weren't racing, season was over. Track back then said to be ⅓mi. Closest quick comparison would be mix of Attica & waynesfield. They put right cars out and I'll try to make it once

Comment

This is becoming asinine. For any non-facebook users the track is now back in Brad McCown 's posession and again for sale after the alleged buyer no-showed the closing. Some comments allege that the buyer felt misled about how much land was included (parking area) in the deal however I myself couldn't find where the buyer made those comments. I'm only assuming at this point no races will be run.
                      This is Brad McCown Just to catch everyone up to speed. The closing on the track was Friday at 10am. Mr McCormick never showed up after telling the...
                      TweetTweet - TheAMain

Comment

This isn’t the first time the sale has fell through. Kinda wonder if there isn’t more to the situation that nobody can see. I hate to see the issues continue. They need to quit announcing it’s sold until it’s in paper and signed.

Comment

Thats what I wondered also, GT.
                          Seems it has happened more than a few times.

Comment

The guy that was going to take over jackson co. just backed out on running ona speedway too. I guess he also did it too another track and a truck series. Seems like jackson co. just isnt a profitable track with more risk then reward. Brad mccown seems to have a descent reputation but i dont know him personally. Atomic seems to be just fine with him running it and he couldnt run both tracks. Not enough cars, sponsors, and fans down south it seems.

Comment

Plus its lots of work to run 2 tracks.

Comment

Working...
                              X