Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What does your 2019 schedule look like?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • What does your 2019 schedule look like?

    Which races do you plan on attending this upcoming season? My wishlist so far includes:

    6 April - FAST @Atomic.
    30 May - 1 June - SCWC @ Mansfield.
    16 June - Ohio Speedweek @ Muskingham.
    17 June - Ohio Speedweek @ Wayne county.
    19 June - Ohio Speedweek @ Atomic.
    16 July - WoO BDC @ Attica.
    1 Sep - Ascoc @ Wayne county OR OVSCA @ 35
    13 and/or 14 Sep - Ascoc @ Atomic.
    28 Sep - 4 crown @ Eldora.

    Also hope to hit a Jackson County 410 show should they stay in business. Hope to see everyone out at the races!
    TweetTweet - TheAMain

  • #2
    Jackson co is going to have 5 ovsca shows again now.

    I no longer work weekends So I’m excited that my schedule is now a lot more open.

    Highlighted events I plan on going to:

    Attica opener 3/22
    Lawrenceburg 4/6 (mini vacation)
    Attica or Eldora May 10
    Eldora May 11
    Attica 5/24
    fremont or Wayne co 5/25
    Mansfield 5/30-6/1
    Attica/Eldora/Limaland/Wayne co speedweek
    july 4th weekend races
    brad Doty and Kong’s Royal
    attica Dirt Classic oh weekend
    Canadigua New York Super DIRTcar big blocks (on way home from honeymoon)

    would like to get to the Jim Dunn at midway this year too
    Last edited by GTigers55; March 7th, 2019, 03:38 AM.
    2019 Race Counter: 3
    Attica (1), Fremont (1), Lawrenceburg (1)

    Comment


    • #3
      Pretty much every week at Attica.
      The Dream and The World 100.
      Lucas show at Mansfield.
      Oakshade for at least Hell tour finale.
      Wanna get over to PA for a weekend.(we'll see)
      Boss show at Fremont.
      Time or 2 to Summit Motor Sports Park.
      Maybe a few speed week shows.
      Possibly 4 crown again.

      Comment


      • #4
        Wayne County weekly
        All Mansfield Shows
        Muskingum Speedweek if work allows
        Hilltop a few shows if work allows
        Attica if work allows

        Hit or miss on others based on work and family. Work is going to overtime soon as race season starts so will make it difficult.
        Travel distance also an issue.

        Comment


        • #5
          March 22nd and 29th, Attica.
          March 30th, Chiller Thriller at Mercer.
          April 7th: FAST/NRA at Waynesfield
          April 13th, Fremont.
          That's as far ahead as I am willing to plan. Blame old man winter.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by GTigers55 View Post
            Jackson co is going to have 5 ovsca shows again now.

            I no longer work weekends So I’m excited that my schedule is now a lot more open.

            Highlighted events I plan on going to:

            Attica opener 3/22
            Lawrenceburg 4/6 (mini vacation)
            Attica or Eldora May 10
            Eldora May 11
            Attica 5/24
            fremont or Wayne co 5/25
            Mansfield 5/30-6/1
            Attica/Eldora/Limaland/Wayne co speedweek
            july 4th weekend races
            brad Doty and Kong’s Royal
            attica Dirt Classic oh weekend
            Canadigua New York Super DIRTcar big blocks (on way home from honeymoon)

            would like to get to the Jim Dunn at midway this year too
            GTigers55 - Sounds like a farewell tour if you are tossing a wedding in there! LOL Good luck

            Comment


            • #7
              ??? Weather/Cold/Rain/Money/Work/Wife will all be a factor in with those races marked with a ???
              -- Going to try Dirtvision monthly deal as well and got them planned out when already. 5/15 -- 6/13 ... 7/23 - 8/21 ... 9/28 - 10/25 (Dirtvision).
              -- No new tracks and not branching out this far this year because of so many good shows in area, also Dirtvision, and of course money.
              *** Want to add THANKS to GTigers55 for helping with putting a schedule together a lot easier too!!

              3/22 -- 3/29 -- 4/5 -- 4/12 ... Attica (probably hit 2 of those 4 shows).
              4/19 -- 4/20 ... Both All-Star shows -- Attica.
              ??? 4/27 ... All-Star show ... Wayne County.
              ??? 5/4 ... All-Star show ... Sharon.
              5/10 -- 5/11 ... Both WoO / USAC shows -- Eldora.
              ??? 5/17 ... AFSC show ... Attica.
              5/24 ... All-Star show ... Attica.
              5/25 ... All-Star show ... Wayne County.
              5/26 ... All-Star show ... Fremont (first time back in a very long time).
              ??? 6/1 ... SCWC ... Mansfield.
              ??? 6/8 ... The Dream -- Eldora.
              6/14 ... All-Star show -- Attica Speedweek.
              6/15 ... All-Star show -- Eldora Speedweek.
              ??? 6/20 ... All-Star show -- Mansfield Speedweek.
              6/22 ... Wayne County Speedweek finale.
              ??? 7/5 ... AFSC show -- Attica.
              ??? 7/6 ... Lucas Oil Late Models -- Mansfield or All-Star show -- Sharon (probably hit one show that weekend).
              7/16 ... WoO Brady Doty Race ... Attica.
              7/18 -- 7/19 -- 7/20 -- Kings Royal Weekend -- Eldora weekend -- only missed the first 2 Kings Royal because of little league baseball.
              ??? 8/16 ... AFSC show -- Attica.
              8/24 ... Mansfield Race -- Lucas Oil Late Models.
              8/30 -- 8/31 ... All-Star shows -- Attica.
              ??? 9/1 ... All-Star show -- Wayne County.
              9/7 ... World 100 -- Eldora.
              ??? 9/14 ... All-Star show -- Atomic (depends on wife -- that is our anniversary).
              9/27 ... WoO show -- Eldora.
              9/28 ... All-Star / USAC show -- Eldora.
              Last edited by DirtRacer42; March 7th, 2019, 11:57 AM.
              2019 Race Counter: 7
              All-Stars: 5
              World of Outlaws: 2
              Tracks: Bubba (3), Volusia (4).
              Rain: 1

              Comment


              • #8
                probably be at most if not all All Star shows at Attica, Wayne County, and Atomic. Probably all Outlaw shows in the state.

                3/22, 3/29, 3/30, 4/6, 4/7 - Going to try to go to 2 of these dates either at Attica, Atomic, Waynesfield, or possibly see USAC at Lawrencburg on 3/30. Been about 6mo so I am getting the itch

                4/19 or 4/20- Attica All Star show
                4/27- Wayne County
                5/10 and 5/11 - Eldora WoO/USAC
                5/24 or 5/25 - Attica or Wayne County All Stars
                5/26 Fremont All Stars
                5/27 Lawrenceburg WoO
                6/15 -Eldora All Stars, 6/29- Atomic All Stars, 6/21- Limaland All Stars (oops its already rained out), 6/22 Wayne County All Stars
                7/16- Attica BDC, 7/18-7/20- Kings Royal
                8/7-8/10- Knoxville Nationals
                8/31 & 9/1- Attica & Wayne County All Stars
                9/13 & 9/14- Atomic All Stars
                9/27 & 9/28- Eldora WoO, All Stars, USAC
                9/29 - March 2020- Depression.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by staggerman View Post

                  GTigers55 - Sounds like a farewell tour if you are tossing a wedding in there! LOL Good luck
                  Ha! Actually it’s the reason I won’t be at the Jim Ford this year. Tried to plan around the heart of racing season but picked that weekend since it’s usually between Jim Ford and 4 crown. Oh well that’ll happen, the Knittel becoming an all star show adjusted that.

                  speaking of, I’m gonna go to that now
                  2019 Race Counter: 3
                  Attica (1), Fremont (1), Lawrenceburg (1)

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Attica weekly, Saturday’s split between Fremont and Wayne County for the most part, Eldora sprint shows, maybe a random fender show, going to try to go to MidOhio for IndyCar and RallyCross, long Memorial Day weekend with the ASCOC and Outlaws, SCWC, Speedweek shows that I can hit, Doty, Kings Royal, maybe NasTrucks, ASCOC Pennsylvania weekend in late August, trying to find another weekend to go to Port Royal, want to see a USAC show in Indiana, random Atomic trips, will try to hit the Waynesfield shows , and the last dirt race on the schedule being BAPS in November, and finally the Rumble in Ft. Wayne in December.
                    Basically racing every weekend as work, weather and the lady allows. 😅

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      March 11 OVSCA @ Brushcreek
                      June 1 BOSS Oakshade
                      June 8 USAC Midgets Lawrenceburg
                      June 9 USAC midgets Kokomo
                      June 20 Speedweek Mansfield
                      June 22 BOSS Richmond
                      July 6 Fremont
                      July 27 OVSCA Portsmouth

                      I'm also hoping to go to the All Star show at Fremont. I'll hit other random show as well, but I won't know until the family schedule is more solid. These are just the races I definitely have planned. Living in Columbus is nice because I can hit any track in Ohio with out a crazy long drive.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Here is my temp plans which can change via weather, work at times since this is with only taking 6 days off the entire time, getting worn out a day or 2 since its a lot of driving at times, or if my being single status would ever change in life lol

                        March 22 Attica
                        23 Brownstown No Way Out 40
                        29 Atttica
                        30 Lawrenceburg USAC

                        April 5-6 Kokomo USAC Midgets
                        7 Waynesfield
                        12 Attica AFCS
                        13 Fremont AFCS
                        19-20 Attica All Stars
                        26 Gas City
                        27 Toledo USAC Silvercrown
                        28 Kokomo Boss & Fast

                        May 3 Attica AFCS
                        4 Fremont AFCS
                        10-11 Eldora WOO&USAC
                        17 Attica AFCS
                        18 Fremont AFCS
                        19 ARCA Toledo
                        24 Attica All Stars
                        25 Anderson Little 500
                        26 Fremont All Stars
                        27 Lawrenceburg WOO
                        30-31 Mansfield

                        June 1 Mansfield
                        4 Montpelier USAC Midget
                        5 Gas City USAC Midget
                        6 Eldora Dream
                        7 Attica AFCS
                        8 Fremont AFCS
                        9 Kokomo USAC Midget
                        14 Attica All Stars
                        15 Eldora All Stars
                        20 Mansfield All Stars
                        21 Lima All Stars
                        22 Winchester Non Wing
                        23 DayWinchester Non Wing
                        23 Night Kokomo
                        28 Attica AFCS
                        29 Fremont AFCS

                        July 3 Waynesfield
                        4 Paragon MSCS
                        5 Attica AFCS
                        6 Fremont AFCS
                        11 I96 Hell Tour
                        12 Attica AFCS
                        13 Fremont AFCS
                        16 Attica WOO
                        18-20 Eldora
                        26 Attica AFCS
                        27 Fremont AFCS
                        31 Eldora Big Blocks

                        Aug 1 New Paris Sizzler
                        2 Lima Non Wing
                        3 Oakshade
                        Aug 7-10 Knoxville
                        16 Attica AFCS
                        17 Plymouth All Stars
                        21-23 Kokomo USAC
                        24 Mansfield Late Models
                        25 Sandusky Must See
                        29 I96 WOO Lates
                        30-31 Allstars Attica

                        Sept 4 Indy Usac Midgets
                        5 Eldora World 100
                        6 Fremont AFCS
                        7 Eldora World 100
                        12 Anderson Non Wing
                        13-14 Atomic
                        19-21 Lucas Oil Speedway Jesse Hockett Memorial
                        26 Gas City USAC
                        27-28 Eldora WOO, AS, USAC
                        29 Kokomo Fast

                        Oct 5 Anderson Tony Elliott Memorial
                        6 Gas City Late Models
                        18 Kokomo Klash
                        19 Haubstadt Usac Midgets

                        November 16 BAPS

                        December 21 Fort Wayne Expo Motorcycle
                        27-28 Fort Wayne Expo Rumble

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Duane View Post
                          Here is my temp plans which can change via weather, work at times since this is with only taking 6 days off the entire time, getting worn out a day or 2 since its a lot of driving at times, or if my being single status would ever change in life lol

                          March 22 Attica
                          23 Brownstown No Way Out 40
                          29 Atttica
                          30 Lawrenceburg USAC

                          April 5-6 Kokomo USAC Midgets
                          7 Waynesfield
                          12 Attica AFCS
                          13 Fremont AFCS
                          19-20 Attica All Stars
                          26 Gas City
                          27 Toledo USAC Silvercrown
                          28 Kokomo Boss & Fast

                          May 3 Attica AFCS
                          4 Fremont AFCS
                          10-11 Eldora WOO&USAC
                          17 Attica AFCS
                          18 Fremont AFCS
                          19 ARCA Toledo
                          24 Attica All Stars
                          25 Anderson Little 500
                          26 Fremont All Stars
                          27 Lawrenceburg WOO
                          30-31 Mansfield

                          June 1 Mansfield
                          4 Montpelier USAC Midget
                          5 Gas City USAC Midget
                          6 Eldora Dream
                          7 Attica AFCS
                          8 Fremont AFCS
                          9 Kokomo USAC Midget
                          14 Attica All Stars
                          15 Eldora All Stars
                          20 Mansfield All Stars
                          21 Lima All Stars
                          22 Winchester Non Wing
                          23 DayWinchester Non Wing
                          23 Night Kokomo
                          28 Attica AFCS
                          29 Fremont AFCS

                          July 3 Waynesfield
                          4 Paragon MSCS
                          5 Attica AFCS
                          6 Fremont AFCS
                          11 I96 Hell Tour
                          12 Attica AFCS
                          13 Fremont AFCS
                          16 Attica WOO
                          18-20 Eldora
                          26 Attica AFCS
                          27 Fremont AFCS
                          31 Eldora Big Blocks

                          Aug 1 New Paris Sizzler
                          2 Lima Non Wing
                          3 Oakshade
                          Aug 7-10 Knoxville
                          16 Attica AFCS
                          17 Plymouth All Stars
                          21-23 Kokomo USAC
                          24 Mansfield Late Models
                          25 Sandusky Must See
                          29 I96 WOO Lates
                          30-31 Allstars Attica

                          Sept 4 Indy Usac Midgets
                          5 Eldora World 100
                          6 Fremont AFCS
                          7 Eldora World 100
                          12 Anderson Non Wing
                          13-14 Atomic
                          19-21 Lucas Oil Speedway Jesse Hockett Memorial
                          26 Gas City USAC
                          27-28 Eldora WOO, AS, USAC
                          29 Kokomo Fast

                          Oct 5 Anderson Tony Elliott Memorial
                          6 Gas City Late Models
                          18 Kokomo Klash
                          19 Haubstadt Usac Midgets

                          November 16 BAPS

                          December 21 Fort Wayne Expo Motorcycle
                          27-28 Fort Wayne Expo Rumble
                          Wow. Just wow. And you have a job too? Well played sir.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Blaniac1 View Post

                            Wow. Just wow. And you have a job too? Well played sir.
                            Not to toot my own horn, but I saw every Speedweek feature while working ~85 hours over that 9 day span. The things we do for love. Also got home from first night of the SCWC at 3:30am and was at work by 5:4am so I could get done in time for Saturday’s $100k.

                            Anyone else have similar stories?

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by HordRaceWatcher View Post

                              Not to toot my own horn, but I saw every Speedweek feature while working ~85 hours over that 9 day span. The things we do for love. Also got home from first night of the SCWC at 3:30am and was at work by 5:4am so I could get done in time for Saturday’s $100k.

                              Anyone else have similar stories?
                              Speedweek 2010 I was working as a manager at our local hockey rinks. Opened the building at 5am on the Friday of attica's race, left at 3 to make it there for hot laps. Left the track, stopped at waffle house, went back in to shave the ice down for rink diss-essemblement, worked till 3pm again, left and saw KC. I was 24, filled with caffeine, and no real responsibilities. Thankfully I was able to get a monday thru Friday job to avoid that going forward

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X