No announcement yet.

What does your 2019 schedule look like?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's an ambitious schedule, Duane. No need to tell us you're single. Girlfriends and wives (may they never meet) expect you to accompany them to endless social events. Go racing every weekend and she may give you an ultimatum.
    Last edited by racemak; March 10th, 2019, 10:53 AM.

Comment

Last year I went to the USAC Midget week show at Montpelier on a whim on a Tuesday after work. Left straight after getting off work at 3:30 got to the track towards the end of non wing sprint hotlaps (second group out) and stayed through the midget feature. Got home at around 2 am and went to work at 630 am. Mind you the trip to montpelier is 2 hr 15 minute.
      2019 Race Counter: 3
      Attica (1), Fremont (1), Lawrenceburg (1)

Comment

Originally posted by HordRaceWatcher View Post

Not to toot my own horn, but I saw every Speedweek feature while working ~85 hours over that 9 day span. The things we do for love. Also got home from first night of the SCWC at 3:30am and was at work by 5:4am so I could get done in time for Saturday’s $100k.

Anyone else have similar stories?

I hear you there. Last year coming home from the 3 or 4 hour rain delayed USAC Midget show at Indy, I got in an accident on way home yet too boot and got it all handled and home in time to take a shower and go to work,

Comment

I used to do some of the get home late, grab an hour nap and in to work, not anymore. I have slowed down but great if you can do it.

Comment

I don't know but I am going to pick & choose a little bit more, be a little more selective and work on getting to a new track this year. More quality less quantity.

Comment

I used to have a car and would typically run 35-40 shows per year plus go to a handful more. The busiest was running 7 shows in 10 days without missing any work and doing most of the maintenance on the car myself.
              But these days I've become much more selective for a couple reasons. First is taking care of my 88 yo dad. Second is my standard for going to a race is, could I take a first timer with me & would they enjoy the show? If a track typically starts later than advertised for no reason, runs late, poor track conditions I'll generally pass on going whereas in the past if the track was racing I felt I had to be there.
              Having said that the only races I'd like to see are FAST at atomic 4/6 and ride out for the Knoxville opener 4/13 if my sis can watch dad. After that I'll just see how it goes

Comment

Motorhead that is very understandable taking care of our parents.
                Not everyone has their parents in nursing facilities.
                Very nice you can get to some races and hope the weather is in your favor on days you can attend.

Comment

Working...
                X