Attica Opener - Looks Promising

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attica Opener - Looks Promising

Long range forecast looks like they will be racing with a high of 53 and low of 35 on Friday and really no heavy percentage of wet stuff during the week.

Car Count Prediction - 34 410's, 27 305's and couldn't tell you about late models, lol.

Who is ready for some racing!

Thinking about it if we were later in the season with that forecast, the tracks would be cancelling.
    That is still not a good forecast for the casual fans. It is a die hard race fan for those temps this time of year.
    I would say the grandstands might not be at capacity for this show.
    I think car count will be 20 in both 410s and 305s and 12 in late models.
    Then again it's Ohio and the forecast could change several times over.

Comment

I hope they get rained out cause gotta work but obviously rr70 knows nothing about typical Attica openers. Around here it's well attended cause signify warmer weather and everyone wants outta the house. Car count add 5-10 cars in each sprint classes especially 410, LM closer to 30. Michigan guys and other not open tracks show to shake out bugs

Comment

If that weather forcast is accurate, ARP will race. I assume Jim11h is joking about wanting a rainout. Tonite I will watch racing DVDs. Next week I want to see the real thing.

Comment

Been to plenty of Attica openers and some years that was close to count when it was down in 30s at night.

Comment

Originally posted by RRacer70 View Post
            Thinking about it if we were later in the season with that forecast, the tracks would be cancelling.
            That is still not a good forecast for the casual fans. It is a die hard race fan for those temps this time of year.
            I would say the grandstands might not be at capacity for this show.
            I think car count will be 20 in both 410s and 305s and 12 in late models.
            Then again it's Ohio and the forecast could change several times over.
            If people in Ohio won't attend a event because it is in the 50's something is wrong especially how many outdoor cold activities there are in this area such as snowmobiling, hunting, fishing, football, outdoor hockey, racing, etc... Heck Lincoln raced last weekend and still had snow in the infield and parking lot when I watched the highlights so it was lucky to be 30-35 degrees.

I think people need to toughen up a little bit along with wear layers of clothing. I mean I am use to it because I work outside all the time, but it is funny watching some fans at the races because they act like it is a blizzard and 30 below sometimes with how they dress while I am in a sweatshirt and stocking cap if its 50 degrees. I mean it isn't even suppose to get below freezing and we see stands packed at college and high school football games with similar temperatures.

Suppose to be decent all week with good conditions to work on the track hopefully during the week after this rain moves out this weekend.
            2019 Race Counter: 7
            All-Stars: 5
            World of Outlaws: 2
            Tracks: Bubba (3), Volusia (4).
            Rain: 1

Comment

The parking lot is usually the issue for Attica this early in the year

Comment

I was picking with rr70 on car counts but no if schedule don't change I can't make it. Monday-friday night shift this month

Comment

2017 opener on 3/24 had 37 410s. 2018 opener on 4/13 (after 3 shows rained out) had 44 410s. I'd expect no less than 35 cars with the currently predicted weather in 410s, 25 305s, 20 late models.
                  2019 Race Counter: 0

Comment

Its a lot warmer in April.

Comment

That 17 race had a high of 34 I think. Was absolutely freezing and car/fan count were both good. 3/4 full fans and 37 410s.

Comment

As of now AccuWeather shows partly cloudy, high of 49, low of 23. Just dress warm, wear a winter coat, and a hat and you will be fine. This supposedly "soft" millennial will most likely be there if they race no matter how cold it is. Pending of course if I can finish the renovation on my kitchen by Friday.

Comment

Its Ohio, weather changes hourly.
                          Starting to snow here now after a nice sunny day in the 40s.

Comment

Originally posted by Sprint14 View Post
                            As of now AccuWeather shows partly cloudy, high of 49, low of 23. Just dress warm, wear a winter coat, and a hat and you will be fine. This supposedly "soft" millennial will most likely be there if they race no matter how cold it is. Pending of course if I can finish the renovation on my kitchen by Friday.
                            Ditto.

Comment

Accuweather saying high of 43 and breezy Friday.Keeps getting colder.

Comment

Working...
                              X