Attica or Atomic

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attica or Atomic

Just wondering what drivers will be going where? I may have to flip a coin to decide which track to go to, lol.

Going to Attica. Not sure who is going where but Attica is 30 minutes closer to Waynesfield then atomic so those planning to run both days may choose attica over atomic if its closer to them and more convient. May also want some laps for the upcoming allstar shows in 2 weeks.

Comment

Both events pay the same for the 410's so it likely comes down to preference, getting ready for other events in the year, following either Attica/Atomic for points, or simply distance of travel for them.

For some drivers/teams this might be a lot earlier than they expected of them having to decide between the FAST or a local show. Both tracks will be represented well, but one thing is for sure we will see what teams from the north are really running the FAST series now where before they might have been hoping not to have to make that decision this early.

For fans you got to think it simply comes down to distance because your not going to see fans from the North drive past Attica to go to Atomic just as your not going to see fans from the south bypass Atomic for Attica this early in the season.

Since the switch to Saturday, I have seen these teams post where they was going ... not really trusting a track for this information because it was likely before the announcement of Attica moving to Saturday.

Attica:
      Kyle Cruea
      @rbroughton22
      Jay Kiser Racing
      @laneracing12

Atomic had a pretty good list of teams/drivers as well that was expected, but they posted that before Attica moved to Saturday as well so we will see when the teams show up or they simply take 30 seconds on social media to announce where they are going.
      Last edited by DirtRacer42; April 5th, 2019, 06:18 AM.
      2019 Race Counter: 20
      Tracks: Attica (3), Bubba (3), Eldora (5), Fremont (1), Mansfield (1), Sharon (1), Volusia (4), Waynesfield (1), Wayne County (1).
      DirtVision: 23.
      Speedshift: 20.
      Rain: Way to many to even count already!!

Comment

I doubt that any ARP/Fremont regulars go south, so I won't either. My favorite Michigan latemodel invader, Eric Spangler, will be at ARP along with a strong group of latemodels. I think Tyler Street will have a breakout season in the 305's. Its going to be a good show. Don't miss it.

Comment

As for preference as a fan, I will pick Attica. I'm near Lima so I am sorta in the middle to either track. I would prefer Attica over Atomic mainly due to how efficiently Attica runs. Nothing against Atomic, but the extra division (sport Mods) makes it a late nite getting home. Anytime I have ever been to Atomic it turns into a late nite? Don't get me wrong I do support Attomic on occasion (All Stars), but efficiency Wins here. I am an hr and a half from Attica and will drive it almost all season as well as Fremont on most Saturdays this year. I will support WRP when they run, but not Lima (boring) which are both within 15 mins. from me.
          2019 Race Counter - Total 22 + (rainouts- 13) Atomic-1, Attica-4, Eldora-8, Fremont-3, Wayne County- 2, Waynesfield-3, Winchester-1,

2018 Race Counter - Total- 33 + (Rainouts-18) Atomic-2, Attica-7, Eldora-11, Fremont-3, Kokomo-1, Limaland-2, Mansfield- 2, Waynesfield-4, Wayne County-1

Comment

Agree with you Racechaser on very late night at Atomic as they run too many divisions to get the show over early.
            Just a 3 hour drive both ways makes it not so good with the very long race night.
            It would be different if I was half an hour away.

Comment

Brandon Wimmer and Cody Gallogly have both announced via Twitter within the last hour that they will be at Atomic. AJ Havens has indicated that Lee Jacobs will also be there. Trevor Baker mentioned both FAST shows, but not the Attica show in his press release.

Chad Boespflug is an interesting
              question mark to me, as he was scheduled to run Kokomo- Atomic- Waynesfield, the latter two being wing shows obviously. I could see him diverting to Attica.

Joey Saldana himself hasn't said much but the original press release indicated that he and the Jamie Miller team were chasing the FAST title.

Cody Bova has indicated several times that he is running for FAST points. I'm sure Cole Duncan and the contingent of Atomic regulars will be out. Danny Smith could be a question though depending on where (or IF, truth be told I didn't look) USCS is running.

I'm headed to Atomic myself, best of luck to both places!

TweetTweet - TheAMain

Comment

Going to Atomic since a few of the drivers I follow will be there & it is only 1hr away from me versus 2 to Attica. Not happy about the 4 classes & the whole inefficient program they typically have. If the drivers I like we're going to Attica I would bite the bullet and go to attica

Comment

Wish Attica wouldn't have postponed so soon. Weather is now perfect for tonight. With existing plans Saturday and the car counts split I won't be going.

Comment

Update. Bill Rose will put the wings on at Atomic this weekend, also appears he will do double duty in 2019 and chase both the FAST and BOSS titles.
                    TweetTweet - TheAMain

Comment

Originally posted by SAF92 View Post
                      Wish Attica wouldn't have postponed so soon. Weather is now perfect for tonight. With existing plans Saturday and the car counts split I won't be going.
                      I don't really see the car count splitting ... I see roughly about 10 cars that likely would have went to Attica if they ran it on Friday that likely won't be there Saturday.

The problem becomes then if they waited till Friday (say at noon) some teams likely would have already started traveling earlier in the day and then been upset that they waited. I seen this on twitter on how nice the day was on Friday, but most forget how much rain the area has gotten over the past week. On Thursday it really didn't rain hard that much, but we got rain almost all day long and when I saw the forecast Thursday afternoon/night they made it seem like it was going to continue to rain overnight along with in the morning and besides the tracks staff most people don't know (the fans, drivers, teams) how wet the grounds were for parking and also I imagine the infield was pretty wet as well and Friday gave the entire facility a chance to dry up a little bit.

This is one of those your damned if you do and damned if you don't. Think both tracks are going to have a very good turnout with both cars and fans for their opening night.
                      Tracks: Attica (3), Bubba (3), Eldora (5), Fremont (1), Mansfield (1), Sharon (1), Volusia (4), Waynesfield (1), Wayne County (1).

Comment

Dale Blaney to Attica

Comment

Boespflug to Atomic, as well as Aryton Olsen. Never seen Boespflug with a wing in person, curious to see how he does.
                          TweetTweet - TheAMain

Comment

Cale Conley to Attica.

Comment

27 410’s, 28 305’s, 32 Late Models here for opening night!

Comment

Working...
                              X