Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weekend Outlook 5/3-5/5

Weekend Highlights

- Attica and Fremont welcome the second weekend of AFCS 410 action with both of the 410 events paying $4000 to win. One large name coming in for the weekend is Joey Saldana aboard the Jamie Miller #6 car. Attica also has the Attica/Oakshade late model series and the 305s on the card this Friday. Fremont is hosting their first open wheel shootout on the year, with one of the most anticipated events of the year on tap. The event features the AFCS 410 sprints, BOSS non-wing 410 sprints, and an NRA 360 sprints versus 305 sprints challenge. With essentially 4 divisions of sprints on tap, I expect probably about 100 cars on hand if the weather can hold off for the weekend. It's one of my favorite events of the year at Fremont and the BOSS series is one you don't want to miss when they compete at the track that action built.

- The Dan Reno memorial featuring $xx22 to win shows in honor of Reno. The OVSCA sprints take center stage with their $2022 to win show. This will be the first show at Atomic speedway since the 4/6 FAST series opener. The Late Models will race for $2022 to win, the Modifieds for $1222 to win, and the Sport Mods for $822 to win. It's also ladies night at the speedway, and all women can come for FREE General admission.

- The all star circuit of champions swing in to Sharon Speedway alongside the RUSH Non Wing Sprints. This is the second show of a Western PA/Eastern OH swing which will feature the ASCoC at Lernerville on Friday night as well. With many rainouts plaguing the young all star season, this will only be their third event of the year and the first since their opening weekend at Virginia and Port Royal.

-Season Openers on the horizon. Limaland, Moler, and Raceway 7 will kick off their respective seasons this Friday night. Muskingum County & Oakshade will kick off their 2019 season on Saturday.

Weekend Plans

-I'm planning on Attica on Friday and Fremont Saturday. One of my coworkers and her family may make the drive down to Fremont this Saturday for their first sprint car race, including her two young grandchildren. Hope weather cooperates to get some new people to the speedway!
    • May 3rd
      • Attica Raceway Park – AFCS 410 Sprints, Att/Oak Late Models, 305 Sprints ($4k to win 410s)
      • Hilltop Speedway – Late Models, Modifieds, Modlites, Stocks, Trucks, Compacts, Wedges
      • Limaland Motorsports Park – NRA 360 Sprints, Modifieds, Stocks
      • Moler Raceway Park – Late Models, Modifieds, Sport Mods, Compacts, IMCA 305 Sprints
      • Raceway 7 – RUSH Late Models, E-Mods, Street Stocks, Compacts, Econo-Mods
    • May 4th
      • Atomic Speedway – OVSCA 410 Sprints, Late Models, Modifieds, Sport Mods (Dan Reno)
      • Brushcreek Motorsports Complex – Modifieds, Sport Mods, Legends, Enduro
      • Fremont Speedway – AFCS 410 Sprints, BOSS Non Wing Sprints, 305/NRA 360 Sprints ($4k to win 410s)
      • Muskingum Co. Speedway – Opening Night (Late Models, Mods, Stocks, Sport Mods?)
      • Oakshade Raceway – Att./Oak. Late Models, Sportsman, Stocks, Compacts
      • Sharon Speedway – ASCoC 410 Sprints, RUSH Non Wing Sprints (Buckeye Cup)
      • Wayne Co. Speedway – 410 Sprints, Late Models, Stocks, Compacts
      • 35 Raceway Park – IMCA 305 Sprints, Modifieds, Sport Mods, Modlites, Stocks, V8 Sportsman, 4cyl Stocks
    • May 5th
      • Midway Speedway – Late Models, Steel Block Late Models, Modifieds, Sport Mods, Modlites, Compacts, Wedges

2019 Race Counter: 18
    Attica (7), Fremont (4), Wayne Co. (2), Lawrenceburg (1), Butler (1), Mansfield (1), Gas City (1), Waynesfield (1)

Plenty of options up in MI this weekend also if your dodging rain drops.

Friday - GLSS 360's at I-96
    Saturday - Butler weekly show opens and SOD at Crystal (rain date for last week)

Comment

My fiance and I will be traveling up to Michigan Saturday if Ohio rains out again. Need. To. Go. To. Race.
      Attica (7), Fremont (4), Wayne Co. (2), Lawrenceburg (1), Butler (1), Mansfield (1), Gas City (1), Waynesfield (1)

Comment

If the rain holds off I'll be interested to see where non-ASCOC regulars end up. Philo, Jacobs, Duncan? Sharon or Fremont? Also wondering how many USAC guys show up at Fremont for the BOSS series?

Also... its not dirt racing but the IMSA sports car series is at Mid-Ohio this weekend as well...

Comment

Originally posted by SAF92 View Post
          If the rain holds off I'll be interested to see where non-ASCOC regulars end up. Philo, Jacobs, Duncan? Sharon or Fremont? Also wondering how many USAC guys show up at Fremont for the BOSS series?

Also... its not dirt racing but the IMSA sports car series is at Mid-Ohio this weekend as well...
          Let's just hope there are options this weekend or at least some racing this weekend. Getting a lot of rain, not much sun, and being constant to the point where the tracks got to be having issues with drying parking areas, pit areas, etc... not to mention the tracks themselves. The weather sure hasn't cooperated here lately in Ohio, but somehow in PA their storms seem to come on Sunday and during the week and clear/sunny on the weekend.

Think I saw Philo said Attica on Friday and Sharon Saturday.
          Tracks: Attica (3), Bubba (3), Eldora (4), Fremont (1), Mansfield (1), Sharon (1), Volusia (4), Wayne County (1).
          DirtVision: 15.
          Speedshift: 20.
          Rain: Way to many to even count already!!

Comment

In Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg TN with my wife & son this week. Was hoping to add some new tracks on our way home this upcoming weekend but it looks like no one is really having anything worth paying money for. Was really hoping to add Bulls Gap to the list. Have a couple DVDs of some Outlaw & late model shows & it looks awesome but rain next 3 days. Not delaying getting home for something that may not happen.

Was tempted to go to the Nashville Fairgrounds as well for the Area race plus super late models. But rain there also. Oh well, please be clear for the Outlaws & USAC next weekend

Comment

Florence Ralph Latham memorial with Lucas oil would maybe be on way home. 411 speedway in Marysville TN supposed to be nice with good weekly racing

Comment

Limaland cancelled. Not a surprise.

Comment

Originally posted by racemak View Post
                  Limaland cancelled. Not a surprise.
                  As will everyone else. Can’t blame anyone with 12 straight days of rain.

Comment

I think everyone knew Limaland would be first to cancel.

Just seeing what tomorrow brings.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim11h View Post
                      Florence Ralph Latham memorial with Lucas oil would maybe be on way home. 411 speedway in Marysville TN supposed to be nice with good weekly racing
                      I had been looking at those as contingency plans but it looks like they have been rescheduled for June. Think we might leave Saturday morning to get back early so that leaves 411 out. Maybe next year

Comment

I think maybe we should all probably just stop posting about the weather lol. I'm guilty of it probably more so than anyone, but it seems either it's doom & gloom immediately or it looks great and gets worst each day. I remember a couple of times this year someone posts, weather looks great for next week only for it to be disappointing. I'm not one who believes in things that are unscientific but at this point I am willing to try anything.

Especially with the outlaws/usac coming to town at Eldora, maybe if we don't mention the R word it won't happen. Maybe if we don't think about it, it will forget to show up lol.

Comment

Check out thunder mountain in KY. Not sure they open yet or what nights running but looks pretty cool. I got buddy that lived block from 411, said was good. Gonna try this Christmas to make down to visit and catch their special show

Comment

Im guilty with the weather watching and posting.

Just seems natural lately to start checking every day to see if I might finely get to see a race.

Comment

Originally posted by RRacer70 View Post
                              Im guilty with the weather watching and posting.

Just seems natural lately to start checking every day to see if I might finely get to see a race.
                              When you check the weather 10 day forecast and has 8 days of rain in it that usually doesn't bold well for racing and that has happened the last 2 weeks with similar forecast and until it starts drying up it will be tough to break this cycle because of all the moisture in the air, on the ground, etc...
                              Tracks: Attica (3), Bubba (3), Eldora (4), Fremont (1), Mansfield (1), Sharon (1), Volusia (4), Wayne County (1).
                              DirtVision: 15.
                              Speedshift: 20.
                              Rain: Way to many to even count already!!

Comment

Working...
                              X