Weekend Outlook 5/3-5/5

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DirtRacer42 View Post

Should have put it in 3 weeks ago because the grass would be dark green and 2 foot tall by now -- HaHaHa.

The bad thing is with all this rain it has cut into my things I need to get done outside as well so hopefully when it does start drying up and getting nice it doesn't effect by racing schedule with having to stay home and get caught back up with things to do around the house.
    I wanted to but i was trying to catch up on all the other Spring things I had to do lol, plus I had to tear down the old shed first. Past couple of weeks that part of the yard has been flooded so I haven't been able to get to it yet. This upcoming weekend I'm going to Eldora so I took Friday off to catch up on the house work before I leave

Comment

Wayne County cancelled

Comment

Yes the rain came back around and temps dropped so no way to get anything dried up.

Comment

Looks like Mercer is still racing.

Comment

No racing this weekend. Pease support your local speedway next week.

Comment

Just saw Mercer got rained out at race time

Comment

Eriez speedway is still running today as of 1pm. Super lates, crate lates, emods, econo mods and street stocks

Comment

I went to Butler. Track had new clay which hadn’t been worked in I believe due to weather. 6-12” ruts after hotlaps. Reworked the track for an hour and decided to run both sprint heats, take a 15 minute break and run the sprint feature without any of the other cars touching track. Still sound up being the toughest track I’ve ever seen a race on. Dan McCarron picked up the win. Former track champion Boston Mead in 2nd and Stuart Brubaker third after bringing out a yellow and tagging the tail earlier in the race.

Beautiful day in MI for racing. Think the new clay with little time to work it in and rain for past 40 days made it worse than normal. It took 2 hours to run 2 heats and a feature for 12 sprints. 3 sprints (Rankin, Sheffer, Q. Blonde) left on a hook in feature after solo crashes. We left after the conclusion of the sprint car feature since we had a 2hr 15 minute drive home.

Track facilities were old for sure but atmosphere was great with how the bleachers were constructed. Concessions layout was the slowest moving line I’ve ever seen. Built like Attica but couldn’t pick up food going down the line at all. Just poor design.

Would go back but only if camping out nearby.
                  2019 Race Counter: 8
                  Attica (3), Butler (1), Fremont (2), Lawrenceburg (1), Wayne Co. (1)

Comment

Working...
                  X