Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weekend Outlook 5/10-5/11

Weekend Outlook

- The World of Outlaws NOS Energy Sprint Cars make their first swing through Ohio this weekend accompanied by the USAC Sprints for a doubleheader at Eldora Speedway. The Lets Race Two event is one of the most anticipated events early on in the season each year for sprint car fans across the state and for good reason. With the Outlaws battling the same rain out issues the rest of the midwest has had I'd anticipate a great car count and some eager drivers to hit the track. Tickets are $29 for GA seating and $34 for reserved seating at the famed 1/2 mile.

- Attica welcomes the American Ethanol Late Model tour for a second consecutive year. Last years show featured 46 late models and 3 B mains with stout field of competition seeing Steve Casebolt take the checkered with storms threatening on the horizon. With the cancellation of both Atomic dates this is the only chance to catch the AELMT in Ohio this season. Another series marred by rainouts, this will be only their second contested event on the season after the Thaw Brawl at Lasalle Speedway (IL) was completed after being postponed multiple times. Tyler Erb took the win in that race and thereby the points lead for the series. The 305 sprints and Dirt Trucks will also be on the card and GA will be the standard $15 for the $4000 to win Late Model show.

-Saturday 410 sprint events. Wayne County is running their regular event show. Brushcreek brings in the OVSCA series for their second series on the year. The FAST series try to compete for the first time in a month after rainouts marred their scheduled events. If Ohio can get all of these sprint shows in this weekend we will nearly double the total number of 410 shows completed in the state this year.

Weekend Plans

- Plans are kind of up in the air depending on if my fiance's car si back from the shop by this weekend or not. If it is I'll probably be headed to my parents for Mothers day weekend and to Attica for the AELMT show. If not, maybe we'll end up at Eldora.
    • May 10th
      • Attica Raceway Park – AELMT Late Models, 305 Sprints, Trucks ($4k to win LM - $1k to win 305s)
      • Eldora Speedway – WoO 410 Sprints, USAC Non Wing Sprints (#LetsRaceTwo)
      • Limaland Motorsports Park – Modifieds, Stocks, Trucks
      • Moler Raceway Park – Late Models, Modifieds, Sport Mods, Compacts, IMCA 305 Sprints
      • Raceway 7 – RUSH Late Models, E-Mods, Street Stocks, Compacts, Econo-Mods
    • May 11th
      • Atomic Speedway – Late Models, Modifieds, Sport Mods (Dan Reno)
      • Brushcreek Motorsports Complex – OVSCA 410 Sprints, Modifieds, Sport Mods, Legends
      • Eldora Speedway – WoO 410 Sprints, USAC Non Wing Sprints (#LetsRaceTwo)
      • Midway Speedway – Late Models, Steel Block Late Models, Modifieds, Sport Mods, Modlites, Compacts, Wedges
      • Oakshade Raceway – Late Models, Sportsman, Stocks, Compacts
      • Portsmouth Raceway Park – Late Models, Modifieds, Limited Late Models, Sport Mods
      • Sharon Speedway – FAST 410 Sprints, Penn/OH Stock, RUSH Sportsman Mods, Econo Mods (Mark Thomas Ford Night)
      • Wayne Co. Speedway – 410 Sprints, Late Models, Stocks, Compacts
      • 35 Raceway Park – Modifieds, Sport Mods, Modlites, Stocks, Compacts, V8 Sportsman, 4cyl Stocks

2019 Race Counter: 18
    Attica (7), Fremont (4), Wayne Co. (2), Lawrenceburg (1), Butler (1), Mansfield (1), Gas City (1), Waynesfield (1)

Hilltop is running a truck special with regular classes.
    Their site also lists autograph night.
    This might be the only track I can attend this weekend with work.

Comment

I plan on going where ever it's not raining. I got to see 3 rainouts last weekend and only got to hear the 305s hotlap at lernerville.

Comment

I wonder if Robert Ballou is helping with track prep on the semi-banked oval in Darke County?

Comment

Eldora. World of Outlaws. Enough said, I'm sold USAC makes it that much better.

Comment

Originally posted by Sprint14 View Post
            Eldora. World of Outlaws. Enough said, I'm sold USAC makes it that much better.
            In my opinion USAC makes the show worse. While I enjoy seeing more drivers, cars, and talent... Eldora track prep changes when wingless cars are there. My bet is it'll be blowing dust like crazy in hot laps. Every year I hype myself up for this show and its the same result. For that reason I wish they'd just go back to WoO only. Regardless I plan to be there one of the nights.

Comment

Does the sprint car world revolve around Eldora and the WoO? NOPE. Wayne County and FAST (at Sharon) have the audacity to schedule 410's against Eldora. I hope both shows avoid the rain. Attica has a great latemodel show this week. It was sparsely attended last year. Maybe it will do better in 2019. Fremont is scheduled an off day Saturday, I guess so Tony won't get mad. I'm hoping for a race Oakshade this Saturday. Come on Mr. Weatherman, let us race two this weekend.

Comment

I'm hoping to get to Brushcreek. I've never been there and they only have one sprint show a year, so that's where I'm heading. I can see the WoO at Eldora multiple times a year and USAC is much better on bullrings.

Comment

New design of brushcreek I'm told is good and racey, a more conventional design. The old original design was something else. Fast, good lord did cars fly and it was almost constant circle. Love how place kinda down in a hole too.

Comment

Originally posted by SAF92 View Post

In my opinion USAC makes the show worse. While I enjoy seeing more drivers, cars, and talent... Eldora track prep changes when wingless cars are there. My bet is it'll be blowing dust like crazy in hot laps. Every year I hype myself up for this show and its the same result. For that reason I wish they'd just go back to WoO only. Regardless I plan to be there one of the nights.
                    I will have to say I agree with this statement. When the May races were just the Outlaws with mods &or street stocks, the Outlaw portion was better. For me though the racing overall is still good with the two classes although different. I probably wouldn't mind if it was Outlaws only again & then maybe a separate date for the USAC guys. But I still don't mind the double event

Comment

Originally posted by racemak View Post
                      Does the sprint car world revolve around Eldora and the WoO? NOPE. Wayne County and FAST (at Sharon) have the audacity to schedule 410's against Eldora. I hope both shows avoid the rain. Attica has a great latemodel show this week. It was sparsely attended last year. Maybe it will do better in 2019. Fremont is scheduled an off day Saturday, I guess so Tony won't get mad. I'm hoping for a race Oakshade this Saturday. Come on Mr. Weatherman, let us race two this weekend.
                      Who said the world revolved around Eldora? Any track can schedule against a WoO race at Eldora. Or a USAC, late model or Monster Truck show. Nobody prevents tracks from doing this although there does seem to be this conspiracy theory that Tony basically "blackballs" tracks that do this when it's unfounded. To me it's a smart business decision which is why tracks haven't scheduled a 410 race in the past this weekend. Fans in this state like myself & others instead of going to a regular show are going to go to Eldora & attendance will go down.

I know this goes against the whole support your "local" track philosophy but a majority of fans do not have a local track. A lot of people have to travel 1-2hrs away or more not down the street. Nothing wrong with going to a different track instead of the "local" track. If one of the regular tracks wants to run great nothing wrong with that or attending. I hope they make money, doubt it will be a lot. If a track wants to run late models instead of sprints to try to still make money, and people want to attend great go for it. If a track stays idle because they don't want to take a risk its their decision, no one else's. Not Tony's, not the Outlaws.

Comment

The only reason I don't like the double header is it took away a night of racing off of my calendar. I miss the early spring USAC show on a heavy track.

Comment

When you have 3 local tracks, one of them loses a few shows that I go support another local.

Comment

Originally posted by Sprint14 View Post

Who said the world revolved around Eldora? Any track can schedule against a WoO race at Eldora. Or a USAC, late model or Monster Truck show. Nobody prevents tracks from doing this although there does seem to be this conspiracy theory that Tony basically "blackballs" tracks that do this when it's unfounded. To me it's a smart business decision which is why tracks haven't scheduled a 410 race in the past this weekend. Fans in this state like myself & others instead of going to a regular show are going to go to Eldora & attendance will go down.

I know this goes against the whole support your "local" track philosophy but a majority of fans do not have a local track. A lot of people have to travel 1-2hrs away or more not down the street. Nothing wrong with going to a different track instead of the "local" track. If one of the regular tracks wants to run great nothing wrong with that or attending. I hope they make money, doubt it will be a lot. If a track wants to run late models instead of sprints to try to still make money, and people want to attend great go for it. If a track stays idle because they don't want to take a risk its their decision, no one else's. Not Tony's, not the Outlaws.
                            He is the grumpy old man who says "get off my lawn" on here. He just doesn't get it that people follow drivers, teams, series, and sprint cars. He doesn't understand that some fans don't like watching other divisions and that some people actually want to see the best of the best in sprint car racing at one of the best dirt tracks in the world.

If I am choosing between a local regular show at Attica or Eldora with the WoO's it is Eldora every single time. Some people don't understand not only do a few of the drivers/teams want to test themselves against the best in the business, but local fans want to go see those guys as well and that is the main reason why a track like Attica doesn't schedule 410's against the WoO's when they are at Eldora.

I always like all the conspiracy theories out there and all the people that hate Tony. People actually think he sits around and thinks about screwing other tracks -- hahaha. I mean he only has what 300-400 employees at Stewart-Hass to worry about, his own series to worry about, his own sprint car teams to worry about, and his own track to worry about, but he is sitting around making sure nobody schedules against him. WOW!
                            2019 Race Counter: 18
                            Tracks: Attica (3), Bubba (3), Eldora (4), Fremont (1), Mansfield (1), Sharon (1), Volusia (4), Wayne County (1).
                            DirtVision: 15.
                            Speedshift: 20.
                            Rain: Way to many to even count already!!

Comment

For the record, I never said the the sprint car world revolved around Eldora and WoO. I just asked if it did. For many people I guess it does. Some of you might be a little grumpy too. Why do you take me, yourselves, and this forum so seriously?

Comment

Working...
                              X