No announcement yet.

Weekend Outlook 5/10-5/11

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sometimes you just have to look at posters other posts and not feel bad everyone makes remarks. Everyone has their own opinion.
    I read them with a grain of salt cause I know folks dont agree with all my posts.

I think some things do revolve around the Big E. When Kings Royal is going on, most tracks do not run sprints against them as a courtesy to them and their own sprint drivers.

Several tracks try to do courtesy to other tracks to work together here and there.
    I even see other tracks on social media telling you about another tracks race so you could support it.

Each track trys to run what works best for them often experimenting with shows.
    Last edited by RRacer70; 1 week ago.

Comment

With Wayne County being 3 hours from Eldora, and Sharon Speedway 4+ hours away, I think they're far enough apart that running sprints this weekend isn't that big of a choice for either teams or fans in those areas. You might lose a few fans and MAYBE 1 or 2 teams to Eldora, but that's about it. That might be different around King's Royal time given the big event/destination nature of that race.

Bottom line is that the cooperation between tracks is great, but at some point they have to look out for themselves also.

Comment

Yes I notice the Kings Royal does affect the crowds more than any other race.

Yes I know many folks who dont want to drive 3+ hours to Eldora for WoO myself included because of time and distance due to work and family, expense of motel if too tired to drive back, some of us are still farmers and have farm to worry about in my area.
        That is why pay per view is so popular is my thought.

I have seen folks watching ppv while at another race doing both.

Im not a huge fan of my times at Eldora cause the times there the drunks made it not so pleasant so I do not think of it as the be all end all of race tracks. I have gone for the WoO shows and they were really good there. I have developed a liking to Mansfield for the special shows and think it is a fine facility. I do go to almost all their shows which means Im not at my weekly local tracks. I think Mansfield will be right up there with Eldora facility wise.

In other news we dont know how lucky we are in Ohio to have all these tracks to go to. The amount of crown jewels scattered around these tracks is impressive. I think we get the best of racing in this state to satisfy most of us. We are lucky that each of us has our favorites to go to as that spreads the word we speak of them to others Like reading everyones view on the tracks they attend as it perks my interest to visit one i have not been to or gets me interested in going back to one I have not been to recently.

All in all I think we should just not take remarks too deeply or insult each other as we do have the sport of racing to share with each other that we all care about. Just cause I no longer follow follow series or drivers does not mean I dont support them, it means I cant travel those track patterns cause of real life circumstances.

Like they keep saying, take a new person to the races and make it fun and interesting to them. I try to do that once a year.

Comment

Originally posted by Jake B. View Post
          With Wayne County being 3 hours from Eldora, and Sharon Speedway 4+ hours away, I think they're far enough apart that running sprints this weekend isn't that big of a choice for either teams or fans in those areas. You might lose a few fans and MAYBE 1 or 2 teams to Eldora, but that's about it. That might be different around King's Royal time given the big event/destination nature of that race.

Bottom line is that the cooperation between tracks is great, but at some point they have to look out for themselves also.
          I agree with this. I’ve always believed ( just an opinion - can’t prove it to be fact ) that most race fans prefer not to travel much. Most have a local, or close by, track which they attend on a weekly basis. What you would call a casual ( but regular ) fan. That being said, I’m not a fan of tracks laying down for others. It causes a lack of continuity, and with the inevitable rainouts, can make for a rather short season. Attica has already rained out 6 of 8 times. Fremont has only raced once out of 4 ( 2 rainouts and 1 closure ) and after this Saturday, it will be only one in five, as they have yet another closure this Saturday. I don’t see how the off nights are benefiting any faction. Most Sprint Car teams who compete at the weekly tracks in Ohio don’t frequent Eldora. Too big, too fast, too costly ( wear and tear ), and poor results. but, I guess this is the “ new normal “, and people will have to love it or leave it. Thankfully, I have several other hobbies, so on closure nights I have plenty of other things to spend my discretionary income on.

Comment

Originally posted by racemak View Post
            For the record, I never said the the sprint car world revolved around Eldora and WoO. I just asked if it did. For many people I guess it does. Some of you might be a little grumpy too. Why do you take me, yourselves, and this forum so seriously?
            Has nothing to do with taking you, us, or the forum seriously. You offered a viewpoint, I saw a flaw in it and explained a different viewpoint. Just because they offer a differing opinion doesn't make anyone grumpy.

1. There is this strange conspiracy theory out there that Tony Stewart purposely keeps the Outlaws away from other tracks & makes other tracks keep 410s of their schedule during Eldora events or else. When in reality it is just tracks making a business decision. I understand being upset about cooperation & less scheduled dates after rainouts but most tracks in Ohio try to do what's best for the overall product, not just their track.

2. You said, "does the Sprint car world revolved around Eldora? Nope" Followed by "WCS & Sharon have the Audacity to schedule against Eldora & WoO." That would follow the conspiracy theory in point 1.

3. You said Fremont scheduled an off weekend to not make Tony mad you guessed, again going into point 1.

4. As I have said before, if anyone on here wants to go to support 1 track or a couple fine that's great. You want to just go to All Star & Outlaw shows that's great too & no one should look upon the other badly. I get tired of the stigma on here sometimes that you're not a true fan if you don't go to x amount of weekly shows. Screw that if you're a fan go to wherever & whatever show you want to. Racer70 doesn't want to drive 3+ hrs to Eldora & just wants to go to 1 of 3 local tracks, that's great have an awesome time tell us how the show goes. Myself & others are going to Eldora because I want to. One is not hurting the other by doing it, and Eldora or the Outlaws aren't stopping anyone from having races.

Comment

I think you missed a point no one is putting it out that you are not a fan. Before family used to follow all stars and WoO as we ran many of the shows. Racing 3 nights a week following a series is hectic.
              These days life has changed and unable to follow series and 3 tracks in area have to do. 1 of the three runs many classes Im not interested in but has 3 I am interested in.
              Yes many drivers who run regular local tracks do avoid Eldora as they are much more wear and tear on the car. When you wreck at Eldora you wreck at Eldora.

Another thing overlooked is your major car sponsor.
              Some of the big sponsors you have want you to run certain tracks and that is why they sponsor you. The sponsor attends races at these tracks and want to see their name out there being announced. They get business from you being at certain tracks as they like hearing I saw The Point Connection car at the races so Im giving you my business.

When I go to businesses that advertise at some of the tracks I attend, I tell them I saw your sponsorship or Ad at XYZ speedway. Many times I have been given a discount or they want to know about their ad.

Once again I like everyones story of their time at ABC track and to read what they witnessed and thought of the track.

I know many like myself work on Fridays and if you work close to race time and get off work you may not have much time to go home and get ready to go or you leave from work getting there at race time.

You were at races Friday but have to be at work Saturday also makes choice of what track you go to that weekend. Talking to others at track that is main reason many folks stay local.

Comment

Weather was wonderful today with drying winds.
                Farmers out in fields.
                Weather outlook positive for the weekend.
                We may have hit the good weather spell.

Comment

Mercer scheduled 410's against the kings royal and had a huge car count last year. A lot of Ohio tracks take sprints off the schedule that weekend because even if teams don't run at Eldora they go out to watch. I bet if an Ohio track scheduled a 3k to win 410 non points race they would get 30+ cars easily that weekend.

Comment

I believe WCS did that when they first reopened and only 10 cars came. They were in the process of bringing track back from dead at the time.

Mercer did great at that show with good promotional work. Its a great track.

Comment

Originally posted by mudinmybeer View Post
                      Mercer scheduled 410's against the kings royal and had a huge car count last year. A lot of Ohio tracks take sprints off the schedule that weekend because even if teams don't run at Eldora they go out to watch. I bet if an Ohio track scheduled a 3k to win 410 non points race they would get 30+ cars easily that weekend.
                      and likely hardly any fans at that event as well if took place in Ohio.
                      2019 Race Counter: 7
                      All-Stars: 5
                      World of Outlaws: 2
                      Tracks: Bubba (3), Volusia (4).
                      Rain: 1

Comment

Tend to disagree. Not everyone goes yo kr nor have ever been. Ain't been to dream or world in several years either

Comment

Mercer only a hour and half from wcs and it was a very successful event scheduling against the royal. Id think fremont and attica would have low fan attendance but the fans there are spoiled with 3k or 4k to win shows almost weekly. Pretty much any track away from the west side of ohio would be successful. Especially Sharon, wcs now, or atomic. Mercer moved their summer sprint show a week earlier to the royal this year which was disappointing to me.

Comment

Originally posted by RRacer70 View Post
                            I think you missed a point no one is putting it out that you are not a fan. Before family used to follow all stars and WoO as we ran many of the shows. Racing 3 nights a week following a series is hectic.
                            These days life has changed and unable to follow series and 3 tracks in area have to do. 1 of the three runs many classes Im not interested in but has 3 I am interested in.
                            Yes many drivers who run regular local tracks do avoid Eldora as they are much more wear and tear on the car. When you wreck at Eldora you wreck at Eldora.

Another thing overlooked is your major car sponsor.
                            Some of the big sponsors you have want you to run certain tracks and that is why they sponsor you. The sponsor attends races at these tracks and want to see their name out there being announced. They get business from you being at certain tracks as they like hearing I saw The Point Connection car at the races so Im giving you my business.

When I go to businesses that advertise at some of the tracks I attend, I tell them I saw your sponsorship or Ad at XYZ speedway. Many times I have been given a discount or they want to know about their ad.

Once again I like everyones story of their time at ABC track and to read what they witnessed and thought of the track.

I know many like myself work on Fridays and if you work close to race time and get off work you may not have much time to go home and get ready to go or you leave from work getting there at race time.

You were at races Friday but have to be at work Saturday also makes choice of what track you go to that weekend. Talking to others at track that is main reason many folks stay local.
                            Agree with almost all your points. In the past and particularly when this week comes around, there are multiple people that do the whole "why does everyone close down because of Eldora, hardly any locals even race against the Outlaws." Then comes the whole line of thinking that Tony is making them when it's actually a business decision. Tracks do not want to risk low attendance because of the fans who do travel or they want to give their drivers the opportunity to compete against the Outlaws even if it is a couple. Now this weekend as stated, WCS & Sharon are probably far enough away to where it will not effect them.

I get that some people don't like tracks cooperating with each other, but with a niche sport it is needed. All the tracks in the region need to think about growing the pie instead of taking a bigger piece of the current. It can get frustrating because if you do have work or family commitments it does leave you 1 less week of racing in your backyard, especially with the rainouts. But races like the Outlaws, SCWC, Kings Royal, and even to certain extent All Star raced help grow the sport. Plus in some cases, management/promoters of other tracks may want to Attend the big races for personal enjoyment.

And as I said before, any fan can go to any race anytime as everyones circumstances are different. Me, as I have posted before, don't have a track in my backyard or down the street. I have to travel over an hour to two. With working full time, helping my wife run a business, raising a kid, keeping up with the house I choose to go to Outlaw/All Stars shows only. I can't pick up and go each weekend so I try to get the most bang for my buck
                            ​​

Comment

Woo rained out at fayetville and Lucas off. Read satterlee coming to Attica and heard Ziegler, both from PA. Would assume boom will show too. There is 2 10k to win event's in Illinois drawing tons of top equipment but think Attica gonna have very quality 30+ car field. With rain it could easily eclipse 40+ as depending on how late rain stays in eastern Ohio western PA

Comment

Originally posted by Jim11h View Post
                                Woo rained out at fayetville and Lucas off. Read satterlee coming to Attica and heard Ziegler, both from PA. Would assume boom will show too. There is 2 10k to win event's in Illinois drawing tons of top equipment but think Attica gonna have very quality 30+ car field. With rain it could easily eclipse 40+ as depending on how late rain stays in eastern Ohio western PA
                                I’d guesstimate it will be 52 this year. Was 46 last year with rain threatening.
                                2019 Race Counter: 8
                                Attica (3), Butler (1), Fremont (2), Lawrenceburg (1), Wayne Co. (1)

Comment

Working...
                                X