Rain date for the Doty?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rain date for the Doty?

The Outlaws rained out last night so the rescheduled it for July 17th. That was supposed to be a rain date for the Doty. Kinda surprised they did this but now this will make for a four day Kings Royal weekend. I wonder what they will do now if it the Doty does get rained out. I hope they would try to find another date.
    -From Brads tweets on Twitter he isn’t excited about this decision at all
    Last edited by Blaniac1; May 12th, 2019, 09:01 AM.

I understand Brad and Attica worrying about this date like they do every year with weather, but for the fans it should make it better because the potential of having 5 WoO races instead of 4 will make that week that much better. Also the potential of bringing in more fans, more drivers, more teams since having 5 days of WoO racing with 3 - $10,000 events, 1 - $12,000 event, and the Kings Royal $XXX,000-to-win.

For Attica, this will make it a little tougher, but also make it so they won't cancel as easily as well. I see some fans up in arms about this like normal and the conspiracy theories coming out as well. Some argued about redoing it before the 4-crown weekend, but getting late in the year makes it a lot tougher of getting fans to these events in mid-week I believe especially for a postponed event. Eldora just a couple of weeks before has the World 100 which gets some of the same fans so asking them to take a lot of time off in a short amount of time would be tough. People need to remember that this was 2 sanctioning bodies so both have to agree with the event. Hard for both parties along with the track to agree for a return date. The 4-crown isn't as easy as people think especially knowing that USAC races on Thursday the 26th so that date can't be used like some have said already without doing any research for themselves and just spouting off.

I could see them opening back up if this event does get rained out on Oct 11? The WoO don't run anywhere on that Friday night and run on Saturday and Sunday in Indiana. All-Stars are already done, also a lot of other tracks are done as well so that could actually bring a lot of invaders to the event as well. I realize it is on high school football night and not sure the locals have a home or away game. Not the ideal situation, but a possibility and a Friday night as well with a potential 3 day weekend WoO racing to possibly bring in more fans, teams to the Ohio/Indiana area late in the year.
    2019 Race Counter: 18
    Tracks: Attica (3), Bubba (3), Eldora (4), Fremont (1), Mansfield (1), Sharon (1), Volusia (4), Wayne County (1).
    DirtVision: 15.
    Speedshift: 20.
    Rain: Way to many to even count already!!

Comment

There is one major reason I don't like this. I think it's odd that they give a track a rain date and than (due to Doty's tweet) seemingly take it away without consulting the promoter. I understand if they consulted the other party then there would be no issue. Just seems kind of like there was a lack of communication that comes off badly.

However, at least now if the Doty rains out I should be able to make a make up date ASSUMING they put one on a Friday/Saturday. I only took vacation for Tuesday night so prevents me from missing the event.
      2019 Race Counter: 18
      Attica (7), Fremont (4), Wayne Co. (2), Lawrenceburg (1), Butler (1), Mansfield (1), Gas City (1), Waynesfield (1)

Comment

Lets remember the politics.

Comment

At the end of it all The Doty is just another WOO race that Brad is co promoter of no bigger purse or anything else. It helps Brad make a living which is great but Eldora has been and always will be the number one priority of the WOO.

Comment

Originally posted by GTigers55 View Post
            There is one major reason I don't like this. I think it's odd that they give a track a rain date and than (due to Doty's tweet) seemingly take it away without consulting the promoter. I understand if they consulted the other party then there would be no issue. Just seems kind of like there was a lack of communication that comes off badly.

However, at least now if the Doty rains out I should be able to make a make up date ASSUMING they put one on a Friday/Saturday. I only took vacation for Tuesday night so prevents me from missing the event.
            Not sure I understand this post. What does a person’s tweet have to do with rain dates ? Additionally, a couple side bar comments : This race was run for years without WoO sanction, so perhaps that could be considered again. It also paid more to win years ago than it does today. So, there has been Purse deflation..... thought I’d stir it up on an otherwise slow and rainy Monday. ☔️

Comment

TRUE when Greg Wilson won in 2004 it paid $17,000 to win without WOO sanction. If they want it to be part of the elite it needs to pay more than standard WOO.

Comment

Thing is WoO sanction fees make it hard to make a profit unless you are at a place like Eldora size wise.

Comment

The BDC could be unsanctioned like before?

Comment

I love the BDC, Attica, Eldora, and the Outlaws. The whole thing is unfortunate & unfair but I do not see a problem here. Yes it has been advertised & assumed that the following day is a rain date, but I have not seen it advertised on the Outlaws website. Once again it is not politics, it's not WoO & Eldora conspiring against a track.

It's more of, we have a race that has the two premier to which many people paid admission to, it got through all heats for 1 series & basically half through the next. What is best for all 3 parties. They looked at the schedule & saw the Weds worked for everyone. Yes it sucks but I don't think the track wanted to take a loss on the day.

Is it the best case of cooperation? No. But a lot of people on here seem to have no problem when tracks dont "cooperate" with Eldora so why is it a problem the other way around? I'm all for sticking it to the rich guy or the big dog on campus but I don't consider this a case of that. Plus if The BDC runs on a Tuesday, wouldn't it be ok to race it on a Sunday or a Monday? The next race after KR isn't until Lernerville the following Tuesday. I would say the Outlaws would consider those

Comment

Don't forget that porkchop and the gang pumped a sh#t ton of water off the track last year to get the show in on Tuesday last year. Attica will do everything possible to get the show in so I wouldn't be surprised to see a run at all cost this year even if its later at night if weather acts up.

Comment

Change it to Monday July 15th then use Tuesday the 16th for the rain date problem solved!!

Comment

Go back to a U.S.A. sanction.

Comment

Great idea.

Comment

Working...
                            X