Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speedweek-end outlook 6/14-6/22

Speedweek & Weekend Highlights

- The Ollie’s Bargain Outlet ASCoC kick off Ohio Sprint Speed week this Friday night at none other than Attica Raceway Park. The home of “Ohio’s finest racing” welcomes the all stars for their traditional speedweek opening date. With the ump Late Models also on the card with double points and $2k on the line in addition to one of the highest car counts and deepest fields of sprints on the season Attica’s speedweek date is one you don’t want to miss. GA is $25 instead of the standard $22. Paul McMahan claimed the victory last season in the Buch 13.

Action continues Saturday night at Eldora Speedway where the ASCoC are accompanied by the ump Mods and Eldora Street stocks. In the past this event is usually only $20 GA but this year it has been increased to $24. Kyle Larson won last years event in the 57.

Waynesfield’s former speedweek date on Sunday went to Muskingum County Speedway in zanesville. Racing will start at 630PM with Late Models and modifieds also on the card paying $2k and $1.2k to win respectively. GA is $25. Muskingum county’s date last year was rained out.

Monday the ASCoC head north to Wayne County speedway for the first of 2 visits during speedweek. The first of the 2 dates have no support classes and only a $22 GA. Hot laps at 6 racing immediately after. Kyle Larson picked up his second win of speedweek during 2018 last season.

Sharon welcomes the return of the all stars with the RUSH non wing sprints as a support class. Racing at 7PM with GA set at $25. Christopher bell won the show last season.

Wednesday the sprints will tow down to Atomic Speedway for their 6th night out of 9 consecutive nights of racing. The support will be Late Models with a high paying show of $5k to win. Chad Kemenah won aboard the Hunter 10H. I can’t find a price for GA right now but I imagine it’d be $22-$25.

Mansfield Motor Speedway welcomes back the all stars after an absence in 2018. This is Mansfield’s first ever speedweek date since it’s been brought back to dirt. Racing commences at 7PM and GA is $25. The past two all star shows at Mansfield were won by Ryan Smith in the Phoenix 59 car.

Friday the all stars will haul over to Lima for their first appearance at Limaland in a few years thanks to rainouts. Hopefully they can get the show in for their second event of the season. UMP modifieds will race as the support class. Racing is at 730 and I cannot find a price on the site. Would assume again $22-$25.

The speedweek finale for $10k to win is at Wayne County speedway for the first time under the Flory’s tenure. A reward for supporting the all stars over the year which brings the right 3/8ths mile in Orrville Ohio to center stage for one of the biggest events of the year in Ohio winged racing. The super stocks are also on the card and general admission will be $25.

June 14-15 shows

-Limaland will host the fun for the rabbit race for the NRA sprint invaders on June 14th. One of their premier events, this is a good option if you can’t make the drive to Attica.

-Raceway 7 welcomes the rush non wing sprints Friday as well, bringing some variety and the only sprint show this year at the conneaut oh. If it wasn’t for the timing this would have been on my radar to go to and check another track off my list.

-Big money Late Model events on both the north and south border of the state take place this upcoming Saturday. To the north Oakshade Raceway welcomes the ALMS Late Models for the Barney Oldfield Classic, paying $5.5k for the winner. Meanwhile on the banks of the Ohio River PRP “The place to be” hosts the Gator 50 paying $5k to the winner in their late model division.

-Sharon Speedway hosts the biggest show of the year for Ohio stock car racing paying a whopping $10k to win in the Steel Valley Nationals. The Penn-Ohio Pro stocks sanction the event and GA is only $10.

-The BOSS non wings make their only appearance at Fremont Speedway for the season following a rain out earlier in the year. I personally really enjoy the non wings at Fremont and wish with Waynesfield only having a few races that thru could pick up a new extra non wing shows. Definitely a good show to watch if you don’t want to drive to Eldora!

June 21-22

-Hilltop has a $1k to win compact race which is pretty good paying for a 4 banger race. In addition the remainder of their divisions including Late Models and modifieds will also be on hand.

-35 Raceway Park welcomes Late Models (steel block only) to their 1/4 mi facility for the first time in history. With the narrow track and tight corners you’ll see lots of beating and banging I imagine.

Weekend plans

-This upcoming Friday I’ll be at Attica for sure. Saturday will be a day of decision between Eldora, Fremont or Oakshade. No Sunday through Thursday for me due to work obligations.

-The second weekend I’m planning on Limaland or Gas city if Lima rains out. Saturday at Wayne county.
    • June 14th
      • Attica Raceway Park – ASCoC 410 Sprints, Late Models (Speedweek)
      • Limaland Motorsports Complex – NRA 360 Sprints, Modifieds, Stocks
      • Moler Raceway Park – Late Models, Modifieds, Sport Mods, Compacts, Enduro, Legends (Mod Chase #1)
      • Raceway 7 – RUSH Non Wing Sprints, RUSH Modifieds, RUSH Late Models, E-Mods, Compacts
      • Sharon Speedway – Penn-Ohio Stocks, Econo Mods (qualifying – Steel Valley Nationals)
    • June 15th
      • Atomic Speedway – Late Models, AMS Modifieds, Sport Mods, IMCA 305 Sprints
      • Brushcreek Motorsports Complex – Modifieds, Sport Mods, Legends
      • Eldora Speedway – ASCoC 410 Sprints, Modifieds, Stocks (Speedweek)
      • Fremont Speedway – BOSS Non Wing Sprints, 305 Sprints, Trucks
      • Mansfield Motor Speedway – Monster Trucks
      • Midway Speedway – Late Models, Steel Block Late Models, Modifieds, Sport Mods, Modlites, Compacts, Wedges
      • Oakshade Raceway – ALMS Late Models, Sportsman, Bombers, Compacts (Barney Oldfield - $5.5k to win LM)
      • Portsmouth Raceway Park – Late Models, Modifieds, Limited Late Models, Sport Mods (Gator 50 - $5k to win LM)
      • Sharon Speedway – Penn-Ohio Stocks, Econo Mods (Steel Valley Nationals $10k to Win Stocks)
      • 35 Raceway Park – Modifieds, Sport Mods, Modlites, Stocks, Compacts, V8 Sportsman, 4cyl Stocks
    • June 16th
      • Muskingum County Speedway – ASCoC 410 Sprints, Late Models, Modifieds (Speedweek)
    • June 17th
      • Wayne County Speedway – ASCoC 410 Sprints (Speedweek)
    • June 18th
      • Sharon Speedway – ASCoC 410 Sprints, RUSH Non Wing Sprints (Speedweek)
    • June 19th
      • Atomic Speedway – ASCoC 410 Sprints, Late Models (Speedweek - $5k to win each)
    • June 20th
      • Mansfield Motor Speedway – ASCoC 410 Sprints (Speedweek)
    • June 21st
      • Hilltop Speedway – Late Models, Modifieds, Modlites, Stocks, Trucks, Compacts ($1k to win Compacts)
      • Limaland Motorsports Park – ASCoC 410 Sprints, Modifieds (Speedweek)
      • Moler Raceway Park – Late Models, Modifieds, Sport Mods, Compacts (Mod Chase #2)
      • Raceway 7 – RUSH Late Models, E-Mods, Street Stocks, Compacts, Econo-Mods
    • June 22nd
      • Brushcreek Motorsports Complex – Modifieds, Sport Mods, Legends
      • Midway Speedway – Late Models, Steel Block Late Models, Modifieds, Sport Mods, Modlites, Compacts, Wedges
      • Oakshade Raceway – Late Models, Sportsman, Stocks, Compacts
      • Portsmouth Raceway Park – Late Models, Modifieds, Limited Late Models, Sport Mods
      • Sharon Speedway – Divisions TBA
      • Wayne County Speedway – ASCoC 410 Sprints, Stocks (Speedweek - $10k to win)
      • 35 Raceway Park – Steel Block Late Models, Modifieds, Sport Mods, Modlites, Stocks, Compacts, V8 Sportsman, 4cyl Stocks
    2019 Race Counter: 14
    Attica (6), Butler (1), Fremont (2), Lawrenceburg (1), Wayne Co. (2), Mansfield (1), Gas City (1)

June 14th

Hilltop. $750 to win Mod Lites special with other regular classes (Late Models, Street Stock, Compacts, Trucks, Modifieds)

Great size track for Mod Lites. They usually have 30+ mod lites for these shows.

Not sure if this had been on a original schedule, just saw it on FB tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by RRacer70 View Post
      June 14th

Hilltop. $750 to win Mod Lites special with other regular classes (Late Models, Street Stock, Compacts, Trucks, Modifieds)

Great size track for Mod Lites. They usually have 30+ mod lites for these shows.

Not sure if this had been on a original schedule, just saw it on FB tonight.
      They had a lot of TBA’s when they released their schedule I think that’s where a lot of the omittances are from.
      Attica (6), Butler (1), Fremont (2), Lawrenceburg (1), Wayne Co. (2), Mansfield (1), Gas City (1)

Comment

Just a few other regional options out there.

GLSS 360’s - I-96 Friday and Montpelier, IN Saturday

SOD - Gas City, IN Friday and Butler Saturday

Comment

It starts today. Planning on 3 shows maybe 4 if work lets me have time to travel.
          I will have work today so no Attica.

Now if the weather cooperates.

I saw some drivers saying it needs to go back to the original start of it when it was over the 4th of July holiday.

I can't argue that. Have peeps tell me they cant take off work to go to the shows so they dont go to as many.

I have that also as I used to hit almost all the shows but then different job so not being able to do the races and I would put money aside for that week to make sure I could afford to go and buy shirts.

Comment

I think the only problem with that would be you’d have speedweek back to back with 4 days the following week for Doty and Kong’s Royal. I do 100% understand why though as far as vacation time. Luckily now I get every Friday and Saturday night off so I would just have to take off 5 days to pull all 9 shows.

Comment

Racing at Attica was excellent. ASCoC feature saw a good battle between Larson, Reutzel, and Kofoid early on. But a spinning Balog caught up Aaron Reutzel and ended his night. Larson inherited the lead and Kofoid peaked under him a few times but once into lap traffic Larson pulled away easily and Dale Blaney snuck by Kofoid for second. Meanwhile Schurenberg put together a whale of night in his first night in the car. After getting clipped in the heat race and coming back up to 7th, Schurenberg won the B and after starting 23rd in the feature charged up to 9th. Very exciting to watch, Byron reed made the bottom work and I believe ended up 10th.

Late Models were good as well Shiels and Missler battled it out before Shiels ended up getting the advantage utilizing the low line. Jeep Van Wormer charged into 6th, with fellow Michigander Spangler finishing ahead of him in fifth. Markham 3rd and Drown 4th. Stemler also was there.

Comment

And thanking my lucky stars the wind was out of the southwest at Attica last night.

Comment

So seeing some video clips it looks like Attica was very dusty last night.

Comment

Eldora has moved their show up 2 hours cause of the weather forecast.

Comment

Shout out to Jacob Hord for the work he is putting into race coverage with the pod casts.

He is being promoted now by tracks' social media.

Congratulations.

Comment

If the wind was blowing into the stands it would've been dusty, that being said since the wind was blowing towards the pits the racing was great and any dust that was there blew away. Not too dusty anyways.

Comment

Fremont and Butler have cancelled.

Comment

Eldora and Oakshade cancelled

Comment

Most Ohio based meteorologists are forecasting substantial rains during the coming week, with the highest probability ( besides today 6-15-19 ) being Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday.

Comment

Working...
                              X