Weekend Outlook 8/9-8/10

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Food For Thought View Post

Actual count at Fremont = 13 410’s. Included 2 first timers from central Pa.
    Lol

Comment

OVSCA had 18 again @ Ohio Valley

Comment

Well we need to make the attempt to get to the races now as the weather has improved and many tracks only have a few race dates left.
        This has been a strange race season as far as seeing many races. Mid season championships were done at several tracks with only a few races run.
        Mansfield so far has only got 1 day of a 3 day event in and lost the others to rain.
        Heard Lima is done with only 6 races run this year.
        Wonder if any tracks might add a few fall dates.

Comment

Originally posted by RRacer70 View Post
          I doubt it because they worry to much about the schedule even though speedweek is a perfect example of a good product, good social media attention will drive cars/people to the track especially if you give them enough time. If they did that it would likely bring in some invaders as well with a lot of tracks closing down in Sept ... you see what has happened in PA the last couple of years of having their biggest races of the year towards the end of the year and have brought a lot of invaders into PA with big money races on the line.
          2019 Race Counter: 20
          Tracks: Attica (3), Bubba (3), Eldora (5), Fremont (1), Mansfield (1), Sharon (1), Volusia (4), Waynesfield (1), Wayne County (1).
          DirtVision: 23.
          Speedshift: 20.
          Rain: Way to many to even count already!!

Comment

Originally posted by SAF92 View Post

Lol
            Not sure I see humor in another track shutting down which you seem to relish the idea of.

Comment

I think it was just that time of year when the count goes down cause of Knoxville and other things.
              I think it will build up again before the season is over.
              Some drivers actually go out for first time as they have just bought a car, or got a motor back or the last hurrah before school or season ends.
              The AtticaFremont only series will have Fremont count back up. Maybe next year every race will be a series race to keep cars there. The cars are going with the small regional series cause of higher purse and point fund.

Comment

Knoxville has NOTHING to do with it there was zero local cars out there and only 1 Ohio driver in the a-main which was Sheldon, even though Ohio is supposed to be one of the hot bed of sprint cars apparently NOT.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim11h View Post

Not sure I see humor in another track shutting down which you seem to relish the idea of.
                  I hate Fremont. The quality of racing has been **** for years. Sharon and Wayne Co. put on better racing and if Fremont closed it would only help their car counts. Worst case scenario is Fremont stays open in 2020 and receives multiple All-star shows. If they were to close that's more potential dates for Sharon and Wayne Co. I'll admit its selfish of me but I don't really care.

Comment

Careful what wish for. It wasn't that long ago that Wayne County was almost gone and Lakeville was still around

Comment

Yes Wayne County has returned from the almost dead.

Some drivers went to Knoxville to WATCH not race.

The cost to do the Knoxville week is not cheap to race.

The season is now on the downward swing for many tracks.

Comment

Originally posted by RRacer70 View Post
                        Well we need to make the attempt to get to the races now as the weather has improved and many tracks only have a few race dates left.
                        This has been a strange race season as far as seeing many races. Mid season championships were done at several tracks with only a few races run.
                        Mansfield so far has only got 1 day of a 3 day event in and lost the others to rain.
                        Heard Lima is done with only 6 races run this year.
                        Going to go to Attica & Wayne County for the All Star shows at the end of the month. I expect the car counts will be back up that weekend

Comment

Originally posted by DERF View Post
                          Knoxville has NOTHING to do with it there was zero local cars out there and only 1 Ohio driver in the a-main which was Sheldon, even though Ohio is supposed to be one of the hot bed of sprint cars apparently NOT.
                          Are you offering to pay for teams to go to knoxville?

Comment

NOPE Knoxville will pay you.

Comment

Hmmm driver and crew, lodging, fuel to get there, before even getting there costs, getting vacation approved, housesitters, babysitters = Knoxville had better be paying a lot to cover this.
                              I read how much everyone made out there and if you were anywhere in the back would not make a dent in your expenses.

Comment

It's living the dream to go race there and hopefully folks get to fulfill their dream.

Comment

Working...
                                X