Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We will miss you, Chuck Griffith

Sadly we have lost Chuck Griffith.
    He was announcer at Wayne County, Hilltop, Sandusky, Lakeville, Mansfield, Eldora and many more in his day. He had a racing radio show for many years.

He was very knowledgable on so much racing history, track history and drivers.

He had a great sense of humour.

What a fighter he was not letting illness keep him down and an inspiration to us all.

We will feel his loss.

Keeping his wife, Carol, and family in my thoughts and prayers.

A sad day, indeed. I always enjoyed listening to him on the microphone, and he was my favorite announcer. Just something about him made me like him from the first time I heard him in 2016.
    I remember back in 2016 or 2017, a kid was walking along between the grandstands and frontstretch fence as the water truck went by. Kid got wet to say the least. Chuck made sure that he called up the kid to the announcers stand, gave a quick interview, and gave the kid a shirt. That memory and just the pure joy racing brought him is how I'll remember him. RIP, Chuck. It won't be the same without ya.

Comment

I am in shock. Just was working the Hy-Miler Nationals only couple weeks ago with Chuck. He looked great and was smiling and joking as always entire weekend. He was saying how good he felt. Blessed to have known Chuck, Thoughts and prayers for Chuck's entire family.

Comment

ONE OF A KIND FOR SURE!! Always enjoyed working with him.

Comment

Working...
        X