Atomic Thursday Night

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Atomic Thursday Night

Just curious how many cars will be racing tomorrow night at Atomic with the All Stars. More than 25?

Originally posted by 30back View Post
    Just curious how many cars will be racing tomorrow night at Atomic with the All Stars. More than 25?
    I doubt many Attica/Fremont cars will make the tow whether that is just tomorrow or the entire weekend.

Not really knowing the southern part of the state for car count, but you got to believe with the all-stars with good invaders that you would hope at least 15 if not more locals come so would hope to see 30-35 for Thursday and grows from there.

Will be watching on speedshift.
    2019 Race Counter: 23
    Tracks: Attica (5), Bubba (3), Eldora (5), Fremont (1), Mansfield (1), Sharon (1), Volusia (4), Waynesfield (1), Wayne County (2).
    DirtVision: 24.
    Speedshift: 29.
    Rain: Way to many to even count already!!

Comment

Cars and motors getting tired this time of year, guys burnt vacation, and add possible weather and I'd think your guess pretty good. Maybe 30 but think that'd be extremely optimistic

Comment

Weather looks good tonight. No Attica / Fremont this Friday. No FAST this weekend. Wouldn't be surprised to see 35 cars.

Comment

I could see more cars and fans being there Fri and Sat with Thursday being light cause folks have work.
          Now folks who live close would probably attend.

Comment

33 cars...

Tracks: Attica (5), Bubba (3), Eldora (5), Fremont (1), Mansfield (1), Sharon (1), Volusia (4), Waynesfield (1), Wayne County (2).

Comment

Hi lite tape of the finish was good. Anyone attend? Really nice turnout of cars.

Comment

Originally posted by RRacer70 View Post
                Hi lite tape of the finish was good. Anyone attend? Really nice turnout of cars.
                I was also pleasantly surprised at 33 cars showing up. I was concerned they wouldn't get enough for a full field being a Thursday show. The local teams were able to show up along with a couple of surprise travelers and helped that a lot.

Blaney led the first 28 laps. Traffic made the race. At one point the top 6 of Blaney, Kemenah, McFadden, Reutzel, Gee, and Duncan were all lined up within one turn of each other because the traffic was so heavy. Kemenah almost got Blaney a couple of times. I think Kemenah tapped the turn 4 wall which aided McFadden to get around him. With around 8 to go I didn't figure Blaney would be caught because he was mostly clear of traffic by then and had a 1/3 of a straightaway lead, but then he started struggling through turn 4 and that's what allowed McFadden to get him. Reutzel slammed the turn 4 wall pretty good around lap 20 or so while running 4th and I'm pretty sure it broke the Jacob's Ladder, so he did well to maintain 5th. Solid run for Skylar Gee in 4th.

Haud's wreck in his heat race was harder than I first thought it was. Absolutely junked the front of the frame. Up until that point he was old school Wild Child, though.

I thought the moisture level in the track was pretty good but it was aided by a late start time (hot laps at 7, which they actually started a minute or two early) and only running one division. The turns were still pretty rough though. I didn't see the wreck between Daniel and Marvel but I was a bit suspect of what they did with the tire wall and cover after that. I think they may have gotten lucky that no one hit it again and caught the openings in the exposed tires. I realize they didn't want to delay the show too much but it just didn't look like it was the safest way to leave the situation. I did go look at the tire wall after the races and I'm not sure exactly what else they could have done at that point that wouldn't have taken a really long time to execute.

Comment

37 cars Friday

Comment

Comment

For one division I can't belief how drawn out show is. Watching speed shift from Thursday night and feature just starting and started race about 7ish

Comment

Pictures from twitter show an amazing crowd and 40 cars.
                        What a great night for all. Weather is perfect.

Comment

Also liked the cross promotion of WCS promoting Atomics Race. I like seeing this.

Comment

Working...
                          X