Weekly Outlook 9/21-9/22

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weekly Outlook 9/21-9/22

GT has a little event called his wedding coming up this weekend. I figure this might be the last thing on his mind so I thought I'd try to help out. It might not be perfect.

There is a lot of action this week. The All Stars are heading to PA but there is no shortage of racing going on in Ohio.

Jim Ford at Fremont highlights the weekend. It is FAST sanctioned and they are running for $3,000 to win on Friday and a cool $10,000 on Saturday.

WCS has a 2 night show as well with OVSCA sprints and late models headlining Saturday only.

Sharon also is running 2 nights. Big Block Mods take center stage on Friday and sprints on Saturday.

Also Saturday is SoD sprints running at Plymouth (IN) for $6,000 to win.

Sprints will be a little split on Saturday but racing season is winding down so get out and support!
    • September 20th
      • Fremont Speedway – FAST 410 Sprints, 305 Sprints, trucks (Jim Ford Classic - $1k to win 305s)
      • Moler Raceway Park – Late Models, crate lates, Renegades Modifieds, Sport Mods, Compacts
      • Sharon Speedway – Big Block Mods, Rush sprints and other classes split (Apple Festival Nationals)
      • Wayne Co. Speedway – Stocks, Modlites, Compacts (LM/Sprint Practice – Ohio Dirt blowout)
    • September 21st
      • Atomic Speedway – Late Models, Renegades of Dirt Modifieds, Legends, 305 Sprints ($5k to win Modifieds)
      • Fremont Speedway – FAST 410 Sprints, 305 Sprints, Trucks (Jim Ford Classic - $10k to win 410s, $1k to win 305s)
      • Oakshade Raceway – Late Models, Sportsman, Stocks, Compacts
      • Portsmouth Raceway Park – Late Models, Modifieds, Limited Late Models, Sport Mods
      • Sharon Speedway – 410 Sprints, Mod lites and other classes (Apple Festival Nationals)
      • Wayne Co. Speedway – OVSCA 410 Sprints, Late Models, Modifieds, Stocks, Compacts
      • 35 Raceway Park – Modifieds, Sport Mods, Modlites, Stocks, Compacts, V8 Sportsman, 4cyl Stocks, IMCA 305 Sprints
    Last edited by MIRacing; September 18th, 2019, 10:12 PM.

Very Nice job MIRacing covering for GT.

Congratulations GT just didnt realize time flew by and it was wedding time already. Best wishes.

Kinda wished Sharon would have run their sprints on Friday giving the cars a chance to go to Fremont and WCS on Sat. but that is their big weekend too. Scheduling this year for September was not good. Fremont and Sharon both changed their dates around and WCS stuck to what weekends they usually ran the final.

So WCS will get about 20 to 25 cars with OVSCS.
    Fremont will get 30 to 40.
    Sharon will get 30 to 35.

Everyone should be able to see good features.

Comment

Thank you MIRacing! If you want to do it next since I’ll be in Maine that’d be great too! I’ll be back in action for October, happy racing everyone!
      2019 Race Counter: 30
      Attica (10), Fremont (6), Wayne Co. (2), Waynesfield (2), Butler (2), Gas City (2), Lawrenceburg (1), Mansfield (1), Eldora (1), Oakshade (1), Big B (1), Montpelier (1)

Comment

I thought ford weekend always been 20-21 approximately and wcs blowout was last weekend of September. Dirt blowout was moved to wcs from Lakeville but weekend remained same.

Comment

I had it was 3rd weekend the last 7 yrs cause of the Wayne County fair. They do it right after fair was over.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim11h View Post
            I thought ford weekend always been 20-21 approximately and wcs blowout was last weekend of September. Dirt blowout was moved to wcs from Lakeville but weekend remained same.
            I dont know if the Ford Classic has ever been scheduled as late as the 20-21st before.

Going back 5 years:
            2018- Sept. 14th and 15th.
            2017- Sept. 15th and 16th
            2016- Sept. 16th and 17th
            2015- Sept. 18th and 19th (I believe this was the lastest that it has ever been on the schedule)
            2014- Sept. 12th and 13th

They may need to consider moving the date if they ever want it to be an All Star show again or as big as it once was. September weeekends are pretty much spoken for now. Without some cooperation from other tracks, which are under no obligation to do so, they should move the date in my opinion.

Comment

Why is the key question...to gain ascoc branding and fees? Not sure it's worth it if track paying great payback not just winner share..remember racing is a business and there's only one 10k winner, the rest use what gained to continue racing

Comment

Yes Fremont did it the weekend before WCS did their 2 day cause WCS was closed for fair. That way all the WCS cars could go to Fremont.

Comment

Why is the key question...to gain ascoc branding and fees? Not sure it's worth it if track paying great payback not just winner share..remember racing is a business and there's only one 10k winner, the rest use what gained to continue racing
                  Why? The possibility of larger car counts, larger crowds, and more profit could be some big reasons why.

Comment

Originally posted by RRacer70 View Post
                    So WCS will get about 20 to 25 cars with OVSCS.
                    Fremont will get 30 to 40.
                    Sharon will get 30 to 35.
                    That seems pretty high for all tracks (IMO) to be honest especially Fremont with 40 on Saturday. I could see possibly 25-30, but not 40 unless a lot of "invaders" are coming in that nobody knows about especially with the All-Stars are in PA along with already quite a few invaders there. They will likely have a bigger car count Friday night and betting a lot of teams will evaluate where to go with how Friday night track conditions. Haven't really heard much buzz from drivers/teams that are coming to Fremont besides Shaffer and Jac.

C-Bell has his own car and says he is racing this weekend, but didn't mention where yet. It is a pretty sharp looking car.

No matter if you don't want to admit it or not the All-Stars bring in a lot of people whether they are drivers, teams, fans. Take a look at the crowd last week at Atomic along with the car counts that they had for that event. The All-Stars have really been bringing in some really good groups of cars besides their own following and they have also really made the series a top tier series once again.

You can also charge a little bit more for a All-Star race and not see fans not attend, but a local race charging a lot more money and you see fans staying at home or finding something else to do with their entertainment dollars for that weekend. Will be interesting to see how well the Fremont event is attended.
                    Last edited by DirtRacer42; September 20th, 2019, 06:54 AM.
                    2019 Race Counter: 25
                    Tracks: Attica (5), Bubba (3), Eldora (7), Fremont (1), Mansfield (1), Sharon (1), Volusia (4), Waynesfield (1), Wayne County (2).
                    DirtVision: 42.
                    Speedshift: 32.
                    Rain: Way to many to even count this season!

Comment

When its ascoc sanctioned you usually wont have other tracks nearby scheduling against it either. Sharon could of easily had 410s Friday and wcs could of ran the blowout next weekend. Hilltop could of had the weekend on the hill this weekend and all that's running 410 wise next weekend is eldora but none of wcs regulars or ovsca regulars go out there. But no.... lets all run the same day and then think about why car counts and fan turnout wasnt as expected. I'm sure I'm not the only 410 fan in northeast Ohio that's going to be thinking next weekend it sure would be nice to go a 410 race under a 3 hour driving radius. Yeah I can go to eldora but it's $300-400 to go out there compared to $50-75 around here.

Comment

I was told by a pretty reliable source that Bell will be in Fremont on Saturday night.

Comment

It's worth it, which is why a number of tracks continue to pay the fees for the branding. There are a number of people like myself that live 2hrs or more to most tracks in Ohio. Yes seeing a $10k to win show is good but when you factor the All Star drivers will not be there, Outlaws are clear out in Kansas, and there are a number of 410 shows going on in the same day then most likely car count will be mid 20's to 30cars potentially. While seeing guys like Cole Duncan, Lee Jacobs, CBell, Shaffer, Henry, Foos, Reed, and others is good and worth the price of a ticket charged, there is still the need to travel that distance.

The group that I go to the track with discussed at Attica during the BDC about going to Fremont this weekend. More we talked about it we said it would probably be best to save our money to go to Eldora next weekend both nights. We basically said that because the All Stars were not there & other shows going on, it may not be worth our time traveling up for the Saturday show, spending money and putting miles on our vehicles. Most likely had this been at least an All Star show we most likely would have attended at least one of the nights at Fremont.

The All Stars bring fans in no matter if people choose to believe otherwise. I know this board is very pro-Fremont and pro-Weekly/local racer but it is not like the All Stars & Outlaws are the big business tycoons that ruin a show because they sanction it. I like a number of the Ohio drivers but I want them to have opportunities to run against the best competition there is to showcase their skills and hopefully gain sponsorship or a ride in a better quality car.

Comment

The one thing I do know is that this Friday and Saturday is and will be perfect racing weather.

Looking forward to tonights and tomorrow nights racing wherever everyone on the board will be.

Comment

Atleast you sprint car fans have a lot of choices tonight. Us Late Model fans have one in Ohio and I don't know how far a drive it is from Tiffin to Moler, but it's longer than I wanna drive having just gotten off work.

Comment

Working...
                              X