Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weekend Outlook - Rest of 2019

End of Year Highlights

- With the end of the season rapidly approaching I decided to wrap up the last month of racing in one neat bow rather than post 1-3 races each week.

- The first big race on tap comes on Saturday October 12th at Waynesfield Raceway Park featuring the 410 sprints and non wing sprints as co-headlining divisions for the 2nd annual Bob Hampshire Classic. This race is also the season championship for the first season of the "new" FAST series in which Cole Duncan leads Lee Jacobs narrowly for the points championship. Waynesfield is always a favorite of many drivers and with this being the last sprint car race north of Columbus in the buckeye state for the year I'd expect anyone who hasn't torn down their car to be there. The D2 midgets will also be running a combined show with the non wing AMSA mini sprints.

-October 17-19th marks the end of the lucas oil late model series campaign with a trip to Portsmouth Raceway Park for the Dirt Track World Championship. Portsmouth always provides some great late model racing and this weekend caps it all off with the championship and a BIG check headed to the winner on the line! Tickets are very fairly priced if you attend all 3 or 2 of the 3 nights.

-The last major race of interest is the season championship night at Atomic with all 4 semi-weekly divisions on hand and the final sprint car race in the buckeye state for the year. This is by far the latest show I can recall being scheduled for sprints in the state since I've started following along in 2015 so will be interesting to see how many cars they can draw down there especially if the weather plays in their favor.

End of Year Plans

-My last race of the year will more than likely be at Waynesfield on the 12th. If rain or otherwise inclement weather should occur I'll be happy as a lark that I went to Oakshade last week. Would like to note that they ran an extremely efficient show even with a 15 minute intermission. Cars hit the track right at 7 PM and there was not a second of downtime aside from cautions that struck the night. An intermission from about 8:40 to 9 then finished the late model feature at about 9:25. Racing was good and the track was not dusty (sand blew in eyes but easy to see track, this is why you bring glasses/goggles).
    • October 11th
      • Moler Raceway Park – Late Models, Modifieds, Sport Mods, Compacts
    • October 12th
      • Atomic Speedway – Late Models, Modifieds, Sport Mods ($5k to win LM, $2k to win Mods)
      • Hilltop speedway - modlites mini stocks, stocks, enduro
      • Waynesfield Raceway Park – FAST 410 Sprints, Non Wing Sprints, D2 Midget vs Non wing mini sprints
    • October 17th
      • Portsmouth Raceway Park – Renegades Modifieds, Lucas Oil Late Models Practice
    • October 18th
      • Atomic Speedway - 410 Sprints, Sport Mods, Compacts
      • Portsmouth Raceway Park – Lucas Oil Late Models, Renegades Modifieds
    • October 19th
      • Atomic Speedway - King of Compacts, Sport Mods, 500 lap enduro ($3k to win Compacts, $2k to win sport mods)
      • Portsmouth Raceway Park – Lucas Oil Late Models, Renegades Modifieds
    • October 25th
      • Moler Raceway Park - Late Models, Modifieds, Sport Mods, Compacts
    • October 26th
      • Atomic Speedway – Enduro, Demo Derby
    • November 2nd
      • Brushcreek Motorsports Complex – Modifieds, Sport Mods, Legends, Enduro
      • Midway Speedway – Late Models, Modifieds, Sport Mods, Modlites, Stocks, Compacts, Wedges
    • November 16th
      • Moler Raceway Park – Late Models, Modifieds, Sport Mods, Compacts

Last edited by GTigers55; 3 weeks ago.
    2019 Race Counter: 30
    Attica (10), Fremont (6), Wayne Co. (2), Waynesfield (2), Butler (2), Gas City (2), Lawrenceburg (1), Mansfield (1), Eldora (1), Oakshade (1), Big B (1), Montpelier (1)

October 12 Hilltop has changed classes.
    Trucks have been dropped cause another track south is running 2 day truck race at Midvale.

Street stocks have been added to show along with mod lites and mini stocks. The 100 lap enduro is after all the other features.

Gates at 12 noon and hot laps at 2pm.

Sounds like they want to be done before dark.
    Mod lite action has been very good there and there is usually 30+ of them.

All this from the Facebook page if anyone is needing info.

Comment

November 3rd is the Fall Classic at Big B speedway, which should get some good Kart numbers. I haven’t been there yet, but I’m looking forward to it.
      The Rumble in Ft. Wayne should be on everyone’s list the last weekend of December

Comment

I reckon I'll go to Waynesfield and freeze my balls off.

Comment

Does anybody have an opinion on the World Finals? Seriously thinking about making the trip.
          What are the normal track conditions and how is the racing?
          The seating and facilities?
          Lodging choices?
          Any advice is appreciated

Comment

Thank you GT for maintaining this fantastic guide for us in the 2019 season. It was amazing how helpful and organized it was to use.
            Also thank you to MI for filling in for our newlywed and carrying the torch.
            Another shout out to those who added to it.
            I found it very handy even though I did not get to travel to all the shows I would have liked.

Yes would be interesting to hear thoughts on World Finals and I guess you have to buy the tickets online? Are there reserved seats?

Without an RV Wondering the price of lodging for the weekend or places recommended to stay?

Comment

World finals is a cool show, heats for the big blocks, qualifying for late models and sprints thursday and just racing on friday and saturday, 3 day ticket for $100 and you get pit passes also if you buy them early enough, all reserved seating and carry in of your own food and drink(even alcohol) just no glass and 14" cooler size good luck trying to get a room close this late but its definately a good show and they have a midnight cerfew so the move the show along for the number of cars they get.

Comment

HEADS UP, Waynesfield is moving up start times due to cold temps on Saturday night.

Pit Gates @ 2
                Gen Adm @ 3:30
                Racing @ 5:30

Nothing posted as far as new hot lap times
                2019 RACE COUNTER: 61

Volusia - 4, Bubba - 3, Lincoln - 1, Williams Grove - 2, Port Royal - 2, Attica - 12, Waynesfield - 4, Virginia - 1, Eldora - 5, Fremont - 5, Mansfield - 1, Outlaw - 1, Stateline - 1, Weedsport - 1, Atomic - 5, Wayne County - 10, Muskingum - 1, Sharon - 1, Mercer - 1

Comment

Originally posted by am0ti View Post
                  HEADS UP, Waynesfield is moving up start times due to cold temps on Saturday night.

Pit Gates @ 2
                  Gen Adm @ 3:30
                  Racing @ 5:30

Nothing posted as far as new hot lap times
                  I'd assume it's about 4 maybe?
                  2019 Race Counter: 30
                  Attica (10), Fremont (6), Wayne Co. (2), Waynesfield (2), Butler (2), Gas City (2), Lawrenceburg (1), Mansfield (1), Eldora (1), Oakshade (1), Big B (1), Montpelier (1)

Comment

Heading to Waynesfield for probably the final show for me of 2019. Bittersweet as depression normally sets in knowing that there probably won't be a race for another 6months. By then we will all have our hopes up of seeing a race only to be nervous & frustrated by the constant threat of rain in April.

Glad Waynesfield moved up the start time, wouldn't have really effected me one way or another as if its cold I can dress for it. But I do know there are several people out there that if they see anything below 50degrees they suddenly can't come out of there homes after complaining about the heat all summer long but yet have no problem sitting through a football game in the cold. At least those fans might come out now and help the attendance.

Comment

Originally posted by GTigers55 View Post

I'd assume it's about 4 maybe?
                      That's probably a safe bet.

Volusia - 4, Bubba - 3, Lincoln - 1, Williams Grove - 2, Port Royal - 2, Attica - 12, Waynesfield - 4, Virginia - 1, Eldora - 5, Fremont - 5, Mansfield - 1, Outlaw - 1, Stateline - 1, Weedsport - 1, Atomic - 5, Wayne County - 10, Muskingum - 1, Sharon - 1, Mercer - 1

Comment

Originally posted by Sprint14 View Post
                        Heading to Waynesfield for probably the final show for me of 2019. Bittersweet as depression normally sets in knowing that there probably won't be a race for another 6months. By then we will all have our hopes up of seeing a race only to be nervous & frustrated by the constant threat of rain in April.

Glad Waynesfield moved up the start time, wouldn't have really effected me one way or another as if its cold I can dress for it. But I do know there are several people out there that if they see anything below 50degrees they suddenly can't come out of there homes after complaining about the heat all summer long but yet have no problem sitting through a football game in the cold. At least those fans might come out now and help the attendance.
                        its not just the cold affecting the fans, but those cold temps in the 30's isn't good for the motors either.

Comment

DTWC Lucas Oil Portsmouth
                          What is Portsmouth like?

Comment

It's a real good late model track. Smooth and nice facility too

Comment

Thank you. Never been there. On list to visit.

Comment

Working...
                              X