2020 silly season news thread.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2020 silly season news thread.

Shane Stewart and CJB motorsports will part ways at the end of the 2019 WoO season.

https://speedsport.com/sprints-midge...b-motorsports/

KCP Racing and driver Ian Madsen will not return to the WoO tour in 2020. Team will return to a "True Outlaw" type schedule.

https://sprintcarunlimited.com/ian-m...e-2020-season/
    TweetTweet - TheAMain

Seeing/hearing major big ride movement in late model world too. Think the high cost of racing coupled with less and less rides forcing the hands of owners for instant results or a driver with huge backing.

Comment

Hudson O Neal is out of the car he’s been in the past few years.
      2020 Race Counter: 1
      Lincoln (1)

Comment

The NRA 360 sprint series is under new ownership. Note from the article mentions the 2020 schedule will include 9 events at Lima.
        The National Racing Alliance will be under new stewardship for the 2020 season. Former car owner Ron Hammons, who has run the National Racing Alliance since 2017 announced at the season ending awa…
        TweetTweet - TheAMain

Comment

Devin Moran out of DB ride into Twarog ride.
          Saw Rob Hunter 10H said he is going to be a wrench in 2020.

Comment

Moran out and Dunn/Benson either getting out or getting former champ (richards or O'Neil).Bowyer to 1 car team. O'Neil back to mastrersbilt house car. Bloomquist forming 4 car team (himself, Babb, Madden, & Weiss). Pierce back to dad's chassis full time.

tri city speedway in Michigan purchased by Merritt Speedway owner, dropping imca and going ump.

Fremont: 410s dropped, limited schedule, alternating weekly with super lates. Modified division. Dropped truck division. JLH bought promoter position.

obviously all rumors and only few truths known in above

Rayburn closed doors and schlenk to longhorn

Comment

Who or what is JLH?

Comment

So is Fremont going to special events for sprints only?
                Says limited schedule but then says alternating weekly.
                Super lates back at Fremont, remember a Renegade Stars show their in 89 or 90.
                Very confusing if there is any truth.

Comment

Pretty sure this is just someone making stuff up regarding that for fun's sake...

To answer your question JLH was a sprint car sponsor in NW Ohio, had the big yellow centerfoil's with "JLH" in purple across. Sponsored catfish in the McClure car, Kelsey Ivy, and I want to say the Kiser car when DJ was in it off the top of my head. Also was title sponsor of the FAST 305 sprints before that was dissolved.
                  2020 Race Counter: 1
                  Lincoln (1)

Comment

Real Fact
                    TRI CITY SPEEDWAY/RACEWAY Franklin PA
                    Used to be a sprint hot spot.
                    Under the new ownership of Merle Black plans are underway to open for weekly racing on Sunday nights in the spring of 2020. There are many improvements currently taking place both on and off the track to provide a better race experience for the drivers and fans alike. The track has been widened in the turns which will provide a smaller inside lane plus allow for an exciting race experience. The rocks are gone and the track is being prepped for clay resurfacing. New concession stand items are being discussed along with ways to improve the trusted favorites. Give a ways….give a ways….and give a ways are in the planning stage. Painting, general maintenance updates and clean up are taking place all around. Merle and his family want nothing more than to have a raceway that is both a driver’s and fans favorite place to be. We can’t wait to see all of you on opening night!!!

Comment

Tri city I believe will run 410s on sundays or maybe even Fridays if they were smart. All the 410s are sick of lernervilles payout.Run the mod divisions Sharon and mercer run on Friday could be huge in that area.

Comment

John Horn is the guy behind JLH. He is a nice guy but not sure about promoting Fremont. Ive sat with him before and the other turn 4 freaks at Fremont. He loves sprint cars and has supported fremont and the divisions for years. Not sure what happened last year with him not sponsoring as much. Must of been the new management at the track or Farmer leaving. not sure. I didn't really go up there as much this past season. I cant see them not running weekly and to loose the 410s would be the end of the track. But their attendance has been down since the allstar fallout. Hopefully things get better this year since that seems to be coming back together.In my opinion taking the banking out last year really made the place worse from a fans prespective. Track conditions was an issue to some but others like it slick so not sure how that will end up. Place needs more fans that's forsure or something will happen either way.Maybe some of this is true..

Comment

Somewhat shocking news. Daryn Pittman will be back in the Roth 83 next year with the Outlaws. Kind of a running joke at that the car is a revolving door with drivers sometimes. Kind of a surprise when a driver makes it a whole year and especially for another season

Comment

Penske purchased IMS and indy car

Comment

Have heard back story on jlh deal and obviously it sounds petty on both sides to me if that's all but we all know how that goes.

Fremont wasn't always slick this year. Opening night and 3rd week was slick and night of double features was horrible from start. Think was one other. Night 2 was cowboy up in middle and few other nights choppy and some nights big cushion. Guess kinda nice cause got everything a dirt track has to offer in a season.

banquet in month at Fremont I'm sure by then some rumors put to bed but all I posted I seriously have heard, daMN sure know some can't be true. Look at Fremont in 90s with 360 sprints

Comment

Working...
                              X