Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2020 event dates and schedules thread.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 2020 event dates and schedules thread.

    I've heard and read some schedule tidbits float around the last few days and figured schedule talk and speculation warranted its own thread separate from the silly season talk.

    Here is what is announced for the 2020 WoO NOS Energy Drink Sprint Car Series so far via the WoO website

    https://worldofoutlaws.com/sprintcar...le/?month=2020

    Not included but announced are Wednesday July, 15 at Eldora and Friday May 1 at Lawton Speedway in Lawton Oklahoma. Lastly hot off the Twitter press, the WoO will return to Jacksonville (IL) Speedway on Wednesday May 6. Eldora also announced the 2020 4 Crown Nationals will occur September 25 and 26 and will again include seperate WoO and ASCoC events.

    World Racing Group CEO Brian Carter appeared on the Winged Nation podcast and dropped a few 2020 nuggets along the way. Carter stated that the Memorial Day weekend show contested around The Dirt Track at Charlotte Motor speedway will again be a 2 day event. Carter also mentioned that the event held at the Nashville Fairgrounds speedway would be "an every other year" event therefore will not be on the 2020 WoO calendar. Carter also strongly indicated that the series would not race at the Las Vegas Motor Speedway Dirt Track because of changes to the NASCAR national series schedules. Carter also talked of a big event at a "historic venue" in The State of Oklahoma.

    Another WoO employee, Wes Irwin of Living like Outlaws fame, appeared on a recent episode of The Dirt Nerds Podcast and also spoke of the 2020 schedule. Wes indicated that some California dates would be "moved back" in an effort to obtain better seasonal weather. Wes also strongly indicated that the Sprint Cars would visit the new facility in Vado, New Mexico.

    The Ollie's Bargain Outlet All Star Circuit of Champions have dates announced so far including February 5 and 6, 2020 at Volusia Speedway in DeLeon Springs, Florida and a return to Jacksonville (IL) Speedway on Friday, July 24.

    Atomic Speedway has announced FAST series dates of April 4, May 21 and October 3. Atomic speedway also stated they would have at least one Ohio Speedweek race, date is TBA.

    Any thoughts or ideas out there about how some schedules will look? Who gets Mansfield's Speedweek date? Who gets the speedweek finale? Do the All Stars return to Waynesfield? Do they again return to Fremont, maybe multiple dates?
    Last edited by TheAMain; November 17th, 2019, 03:43 PM.
    TweetTweet - TheAMain

  • #2
    No track should have multiple dates for speedweek IMO.

    Comment


    • #3
      Noticed on the Outlaws site it has July 14th as the Brad Doty Classic at Attica which is good. I'm wondering & hoping the May Eldora dates still happen. Considering July 15th was announced as a Non wing show as well. Hoping they have the Outlaws back in May as well.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by TheAMain View Post
        Any thoughts or ideas out there about how some schedules will look? Who gets Mansfield's Speedweek date? Who gets the speedweek finale? Do the All Stars return to Waynesfield? Do they again return to Fremont, maybe multiple dates?
        Fremont replaces Mansfield. Waynesfield replaces the multiple date show. My guess is finale returns to Fremont.
        2020 Race Counter: 1
        Lincoln (1)

        Comment


        • #5
          Speedweek schedule is nearly set. June 12th, 2020 - June 20th, 2020. No track has 2 Speedweek shows.
          2020 Racin' Chasin' Counter: (6) - Volusia (4), East Bay (2)

          2019 Racin' Chasin' Counter:
          54 Races @ 33 Tracks; (19-Rain Outs)
          2018 Racin' Chasin' Counter: 50 Races @ 31 Tracks; (12-Rain Outs)
          2017 Racin' Chasin' Counter: 57 Races @ 30 Tracks; (7-Rain Outs)
          2016 Racin' Chasin' Counter: 59 Races @ 28 Tracks; (15-Rain Outs)
          2015 Racin' Chasin' Counter: 56 Races @ 25 Tracks; (12-Rain Outs)

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Ross View Post
            Speedweek schedule is nearly set. June 12th, 2020 - June 20th, 2020. No track has 2 Speedweek shows.
            Is Fremont getting a Speedweek show?

            Comment


            • #7
              June 12th through the 20th gives time for 9 events so, unless they are bringing back the off day/rain date I'd guess that both Fremont and Waynesfield are back in Speedweek. I'll take a stab at it:
              F12th - Attica
              S13th - Eldora
              S14th - Waynesfield
              M15th - Fremont
              T16th - Rain out at Lima
              W17th - Atomic
              T18 - Muskingham
              F19 - Sharon
              S20 - Wayne county

              Originally posted by Ross View Post
              Speedweek schedule is nearly set. June 12th, 2020 - June 20th, 2020. No track has 2 Speedweek shows.
              Any other hints you can drop us as far as the ASCOC schedule? 😁
              Last edited by TheAMain; November 18th, 2019, 01:03 PM.
              TweetTweet - TheAMain

              Comment


              • #8
                For sure dates IMO
                FRIDAY - Attica
                Saturday- Eldora

                Monday- Wayne County

                Friday- rain out at Lima.


                the rest, who knows with the changes over the last 5-7 years. But would like to see Waynesfield back on Sunday again.
                2019 races 14 : Waynesfield-3. Attica-4, Fremont-2, Mansfield-1, Eldora-2, Knoxville-2, Rainouts-lost count.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by RYAN5R View Post

                  Is Fremont getting a Speedweek show?
                  Lets hope not!
                  2019 RACE COUNTER: 61

                  Volusia - 4, Bubba - 3, Lincoln - 1, Williams Grove - 2, Port Royal - 2, Attica - 12, Waynesfield - 4, Virginia - 1, Eldora - 5, Fremont - 5, Mansfield - 1, Outlaw - 1, Stateline - 1, Weedsport - 1, Atomic - 5, Wayne County - 10, Muskingum - 1, Sharon - 1, Mercer - 1

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Ross View Post
                    Speedweek schedule is nearly set. June 12th, 2020 - June 20th, 2020. No track has 2 Speedweek shows.
                    Would like to see the purse go up for these events or at least the top prize ... charge $25.00 to get in and have each speedweek race $10,000 to win ... instead of charging $22.00 for $5,000 to win. That seems to be the amount that most of these tracks charge.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      The WoO still being in Texas in mid March is definitely different and makes me wonder what the schedule will look like from Volusia until then with no Las Vegas on the schedule.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by dsc1600 View Post
                        The WoO still being in Texas in mid March is definitely different and makes me wonder what the schedule will look like from Volusia until then with no Las Vegas on the schedule.
                        If staying in the region maybe Charlotte? Either that or Arkansas/Missouri would make some sense
                        2020 Race Counter: 1
                        Lincoln (1)

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by GTigers55 View Post

                          If staying in the region maybe Charlotte? Either that or Arkansas/Missouri would make some sense
                          Charlotte is going to be May 22-23 during the nascar weekend. I could see them trying to do something in Arizona during the Cup weekend in March and then doing Texas and then California but the 3 weekends between Volusia and Arizona would be empty. Maybe a race at Vado?

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by TheAMain View Post
                            June 12th through the 20th gives time for 9 events so, unless they are bringing back the off day/rain date I'd guess that both Fremont and Waynesfield are back in Speedweek. I'll take a stab at it:
                            F12th - Attica
                            S13th - Eldora
                            S14th - Waynesfield
                            M15th - Fremont
                            T16th - Rain out at Lima
                            W17th - Atomic
                            T18 - Muskingham
                            F19 - Sharon
                            S20 - Wayne county



                            Any other hints you can drop us as far as the ASCOC schedule? 😁


                            I will guess

                            12th Attica
                            13th Eldora
                            14th Waynesfield
                            15th Wayne Co
                            16th Sharon
                            17th Muskingham CO
                            18th Fremont
                            19th Lima
                            20th Atomic

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Duane View Post



                              I will guess

                              12th Attica
                              13th Eldora
                              14th Waynesfield
                              15th Wayne Co
                              16th Sharon
                              17th Muskingham CO
                              18th Fremont
                              19th Lima
                              20th Atomic
                              I second this one.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X