Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2020 event dates and schedules thread.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by GTigers55 View Post
    Add on to my previous post, there are 5 states that border Ohio. Pennsylvania, Indiana, and Kentucky all have a history of hosting BOSS races so that is 3 of the 4 states likely. So we’re left with Michigan or West Virginia as the other options. With GLTS (formerly MTS) in Michigan I’m going to guess that Ohio valley speedway in West Virginia will have a show. They have experience with hosting the ovsca in the past few years so I think that would make a lot of sense.
    BOSS already announced a co-sanctioned event with GLTS at I-96 on Friday June 12th. The way I interpret the BOSS announcement was that there will only be 4 events total outside of Ohio, not necessarily in 4 different states. I could be wrong though.

    I was wondering myself if Ohio Valley Speedway might be the "4th state" for the FAST series. However, Western PA makes more sense and provides more options (Lernerville, Mercer, Pittsburgh, Eriez) than does WVa.
    TweetTweet - TheAMain

    Comment


    • I dont see BOSS being at WCS as the non wings were not a crowd draw there. Maybe as a support class to 410 winged but not a stand alone main event.

      Comment


      • I just re-read the BOSS announcement/tweet and I think you guys are misinterpreting their statement.

        "Our 2020 schedule currently has 16 races in Ohio and 4 surrounding states, we have a few tracks still deciding on additional dates."

        The way I interpret this means 16 races TOTAL between Ohio and 4 other states. There's no specific mention that there are only 4 races in the surrounding states. Plus there may end up being more than 16 if any tracks take the additional dates. Just wanted to point this out so that if the schedule comes out on Saturday and there's not 16 BOSS races in Ohio everyone isn't losing their minds on here.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Jake B. View Post
          I just re-read the BOSS announcement/tweet and I think you guys are misinterpreting their statement.

          "Our 2020 schedule currently has 16 races in Ohio and 4 surrounding states, we have a few tracks still deciding on additional dates."

          The way I interpret this means 16 races TOTAL between Ohio and 4 other states. There's no specific mention that there are only 4 races in the surrounding states. Plus there may end up being more than 16 if any tracks take the additional dates. Just wanted to point this out so that if the schedule comes out on Saturday and there's not 16 BOSS races in Ohio everyone isn't losing their minds on here.
          Well crud. Yeah You're probably right... So probably 11 out of state and 5 in state in that case if last year was any indication.
          2020 Race Counter: 1
          Lincoln (1)

          Comment


          • Originally posted by GTigers55 View Post

            Well crud. Yeah You're probably right... So probably 11 out of state and 5 in state in that case if last year was any indication.
            10 out of 22 scheduled events in 2019 for BOSS were at Ohio tracks.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Jake B. View Post

              10 out of 22 scheduled events in 2019 for BOSS were at Ohio tracks.
              I was exaggerating. But for a series that was designed to bring non wing racing back to Ohio having over half the shows seems off to me. I do love watching the series race just wish they ran in Ohio more than they are now. I don’t know if this was a series thing or a lack of interest from tracks but it’s a bummer regardless.
              2020 Race Counter: 1
              Lincoln (1)

              Comment


              • I think a lack of interest by tracks. Waynesfield area loves them but most of Ohio does not seem to care for them. FAST seems to do much better.

                Comment


                • Y'all have Facebook & twitter, message the tracks and request. Enough outpouring and they'll listen

                  Comment


                  • 2020 FAST on Dirt Schedule (Schedule is subject to change)

                    Sat. 3/28 - Waynesfield Raceway Park
                    Sat. 4/4 - Atomic Speedway
                    Thu. 5/21 - Atomic Speedway
                    Sat. 5/23 - Fremont Speedway
                    Sun. 5/24 - I-96 Speedway
                    Sat. 6/6 - Pittsburgh's PA Motor Speedway
                    Sat. 6/27 - Wayne County Speedway
                    Thu. 7/2 - Waynesfield Raceway Park
                    Sat. 7/11 - Atomic Speedway
                    Fri. 7/24 - Moler Raceway Park
                    Sat. 7/25 - Twin Cities Raceway Park
                    Fri. 7/31 - Hartford (MI) Speedway
                    Sat. 8/1 - To Be Announced
                    Sat. 8/22 - To Be Announced
                    Fri. 9/4 - Hartford (MI) Speedway
                    Sat. 9/5 - To Be Announced
                    Fri. 9/18 - Fremont Speedway
                    Sat. 9/19 - Fremont Speedway
                    Sat. 10/3 - Atomic Speedway
                    Sat. 10/10 - Moler Raceway Park

                    * * This is NOT a final schedule - watch for changes and / or additions




                    2020 BOSS Schedule
                    (Schedule is subject to changes)

                    Sat. 3/28 - Waynesfield Raceway Park
                    Sat. 4/25 - Atomic Speedway
                    Fri. 5/1 - Moler Raceway Park
                    Sat. 5/2 - Fremont Speedway
                    Sat. 5/16 - Lawrenceburg Speedway
                    Sun. 5/24 - Waynesfield Raceway Park
                    Fri. 5/29 - Gas City Speedway
                    Sat. 5/30 - Twin Cities Raceway Park
                    Fri. 6/12- I-96 Speedway
                    Sat. 6/13 - Fremont Speedway
                    Fri. 6/19 - Moler Raceway Park
                    Sat. 6/20 - Richmond (KY) Raceway
                    Thu. 7/2 - Waynesfield Raceway Park
                    Sat. 7/4 - Atomic Speedway
                    Sat. 7/18 - Pittsburgh's PA Motor Speedway
                    Sat. 8/8 - Fremont Speedway
                    Sat. 8/15 - Oakshade Raceway
                    Sat. 8/22 - To Be Announced
                    Sat. 8/29 - Kokomo Speedway
                    Sat. 10/10 - Moler Raceway Park

                    * * This is NOT a final schedule - watch for changes and/or additions
                    TweetTweet - TheAMain

                    Comment


                    • Was pretty close on guesses.

                      Will be interesting on who follows the series this year because they have a lot of one race weekends so are these teams/drivers going to be able to race somewhere else close or have to do a lot of driving from one event to another?

                      PPMS ... that is a BIG track and will be interesting to see how many cars and who all travels to it.

                      For the most part not a lot of steeping on toes which is nice to see, but the big competing weekend though ... 9/4 and 9/5 ... All-Stars at Attica for both nights and Fast at Harford and TBA. Instead of having a huge car count at Attica will likely be split with 30 plus/maybe 40 at Attica and 20 or less at Harford unless they get a lot of 360's to run.

                      The 7/2 race at Waynesfield is interesting for sure because it is right before Attica/Fremont All-Star weekend of races for the 4th weekend. Could be interesting to see how much it is to win and if any All-Stars pull in for that event? Nice to see some tracks taking a chance on different night of racing to see if they can get cars/drivers/fans during the week for special event type of race and possibly getting a good crowd there knowing a lot of people will take off that Friday or have it off already so Thursday night might be a good night of racing.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by ErocWolverine View Post
                        Was pretty close on guesses.
                        For the most part not a lot of steeping on toes which is nice to see, but the big competing weekend though ... 9/4 and 9/5 ... All-Stars at Attica for both nights and Fast at Harford and TBA. Instead of having a huge car count at Attica will likely be split with 30 plus/maybe 40 at Attica and 20 or less at Harford unless they get a lot of 360's to run.
                        Did the same thing last year with Gas City and Montpelier dates. At least they always do it in a different state that draws different drivers. Always a bummer though because I'd love to go to the shows but my home base is attica and those are two of the best nights of racing they have all year (and it's the finale).

                        Overall I like both of the schedules this year, will be interesting on October 10th with finale's at Moler as the Season Championship night at Atomic is going on just over an hour away also having 410s on the card.

                        They stated in a comment that Wayne County wanted a BOSS Date but could not agree to a good date.
                        2020 Race Counter: 1
                        Lincoln (1)

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by GTigers55 View Post
                          Overall I like both of the schedules this year, will be interesting on October 10th with finale's at Moler as the Season Championship night at Atomic is going on just over an hour away also having 410s on the card.
                          Yea, pretty bizarre considering the same guy is involved with promoting both places. Really relying on teams to travel while putting the local teams (such as Cole Duncan and Danny Smith) in a bind. I've already put the MRP show on my 2020 schedule.

                          Originally posted by GTigers55 View Post
                          They stated in a comment that Wayne County wanted a BOSS Date but could not agree to a good date.
                          Same was said about Lernerville.
                          TweetTweet - TheAMain

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by TheAMain View Post

                            Yea, pretty bizarre considering the same guy is involved with promoting both places. Really relying on teams to travel while putting the local teams (such as Cole Duncan and Danny Smith) in a bind. I've already put the MRP show on my 2020 schedule.



                            Same was said about Lernerville.
                            I don't believe Brad is involved with MRP anymore. I'm also thinking of going to the show on 10/10.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by TheAMain View Post

                              Yea, pretty bizarre considering the same guy is involved with promoting both places. Really relying on teams to travel while putting the local teams (such as Cole Duncan and Danny Smith) in a bind. I've already put the MRP show on my 2020 schedule.
                              Brad is no longer involved and wasn't about halfway through 2019. I want to say it was the Naylor's that took over.
                              2020 Race Counter: 1
                              Lincoln (1)

                              Comment


                              • Well then, I stand corrected. Maked a smidge more sense now. Thanks for the update fellas.
                                Last edited by TheAMain; January 5th, 2020, 06:49 PM.
                                TweetTweet - TheAMain

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X