No announcement yet.

2020 event dates and schedules thread.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting to see Atomic with multiple dates after what they said about the OVSCA and no All Star dates.

Comment

• Originally posted by mudinmybeer View Post
      Interesting to see Atomic with multiple dates after what they said about the OVSCA and no All Star dates.
      I think they both need each other

Comment

• BOSS has a lot of history with atomic being a chiloccothe based group. Plus from what I understand neither series requires a sanction fee so that shouldn’t be an issue right?
        2020 Race Counter: 1
        Lincoln (1)

Comment

• Originally posted by GTigers55 View Post
          BOSS has a lot of history with atomic being a chiloccothe based group. Plus from what I understand neither series requires a sanction fee so that shouldn’t be an issue right?
          True but the thing that is odd is that Atomic had stated they didn't make money on All Star & OVSCA shows. OVSCA doesn't have sanctioning fees either I believe.

Now it could be that maybe FAST/BOSS pulls more fans so possibly they might make more at the gate which is a fair argument. I just wouldn't think it is that much more than the other series.

As for the All Stars argument, it's odd that other tracks in Ohio & PA continue to reschedule them year after year. As someone on the outside that tells me they must make some money on those shows. Up until recently, Atomic rescheduled too, now all of a sudden they don't make money? Especially when for years now it has been said that McCowan has wanted the WoO sprints at his track but for one reason or another (oversaturation is one thing that has been said with various conspiracy theories) it hasn't happened. Which again is odd because if you can't make money in Ohio with an All Star show, how can you make money for the Outlaws. Don't care either way, just don't believe much that he says

Comment

• I've never met someone besides earl that got rich owning a local dirt track

Comment

• Wayne County has 2020 schedule posted on FB.

Comment

• Originally posted by RRacer70 View Post
                Wayne County has 2020 schedule posted on FB.
                The woo Late Model show looks like a cant miss with the OVSCA on hand as well.

A couple of things I noticed, seems like the OVSCA are making more appearances this year than in the past. Likely Atomic’s old dates/shows. A lot more sprints in general, seems like less off weeks than in past year.
                Lincoln (1)

Comment

• Limaland has been added for May 15th I believe & the next night on to Lawrenceburg.

Comment

• 2020 OVSCA Schedule. Tentative as always.

April 11 Wayne Co. Speedway
                    May 2 Ohio Valley Speedway
                    May 16 Wayne Co. Speedway
                    June 6 Portsmouth Raceway Park
                    June 13 Ohio Valley Speedway
                    July 4 Wayne Co. Speedway
                    July 25 Portsmouth Raceway Park
                    August 8 Ohio Valley Speedway
                    August 22 Wayne Co. Speedway
                    August 29 Portsmouth Raceway Park
                    September 6 35 Raceway
                    September 26 Wayne Co Speedway

Apparently two previously announced races at Moler aren't happening at this point. Would not have expected so many winged shows at Portsmouth this season, but glad to see it. I've said it the last two years and will say it again, the show at 35 Raceway is one of the best kept secrets in Ohio sprint car racing. I appreciate this series for serving areas and tracks that do not often see sprints. Would like to see some more diversity mixed in so hopefully they can fill on some more dates and tracks.
                    TweetTweet - TheAMain

Comment

• Limaland, Raceway 7, and Sharon have released their full schedules. Hilltop has announced a renegades modified date, and Attica has on their site that the opener is March 20th with the usual classes (as announced towards end of year but it's on the site now).

For more info check out the master schedule.
                      Lincoln (1)

Comment

• The WCS Schedule at the banquet said that June 20th would be a Steel Block Late Model Show.... thoughts ?

Comment

• Originally posted by WayneCountyRegular View Post
                          The WCS Schedule at the banquet said that June 20th would be a Steel Block Late Model Show.... thoughts ?
                          I don’t really know how many guys who run hilltop/WCS already run steel blocks so outside of that you’re looking at the midway/Musk. Co and southern Ohio area to supply some cars. Raceway 7’s late models I would think be eligible as well and potentially could add to the field. I’m sure it won’t be a huge count by any means but I like that they keep mixing it up a bit with the Modifieds and other divisions popping in for a show every now and again.
                          Lincoln (1)

Comment

• Originally posted by GTigers55 View Post

I don’t really know how many guys who run hilltop/WCS already run steel blocks so outside of that you’re looking at the midway/Musk. Co and southern Ohio area to supply some cars. Raceway 7’s late models I would think be eligible as well and potentially could add to the field. I’m sure it won’t be a huge count by any means but I like that they keep mixing it up a bit with the Modifieds and other divisions popping in for a show every now and again.
                            jason said they could get 30 SB's

also interesting of note wayne running OVSCA against Attica on the 11th of April

Hoping some ohio boys go whoop up on W PA guys at Tri City

Comment

• Originally posted by WayneCountyRegular View Post

jason said they could get 30 SB's

also interesting of note wayne running OVSCA against Attica on the 11th of April

Hoping some ohio boys go whoop up on W PA guys at Tri City
                              They’ll pull the southern Ohio cars since atomic is off (sprint wise) that night.
                              Lincoln (1)

Comment

• Attica schedule is out.

Comment

Working...
                                X