No announcement yet.

2020 event dates and schedules thread.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sure wish they would try harder on bringing some diversity back to attica instead of the same show every week, throw in some 360's or a Boss show or even a big late model series instead of just the all stars and AFCS(which is not much more than 10 locals that run attica and fremont), hell why not have a FAST race or invite the OVSCA up and get some different cars atleast.

Comment

• I've been saying for years how I'd love to see USAC (sprints and midgets) at Attica. Some posters on this board will tell you fans will only attend winged 410s. So if thats the case run a USAC/FAST weekend and give us best of both worlds. Im sick of WoO and USAC treating Eldora like its the only track in Ohio.

Comment

• Fremont is way better at the schedule thing as far as diversity just need to work on the track more during the week and have it ready, attica is 15 minutes away from me and im just tied of watching the same stuff, there are only so many local 410 teams without inviting some out of towners with other wing series besides the outlaws(in which i will not support since they upped eldora to 4 days and took the extra day for a rain date away) and all stars which is usally a good show.

Comment

• Attica could more for the latemodels. They get good car counts for crappy payout weekly. Have a speedweek latemodel show or something like that to bring in some southern cars and a descent payout. Hell tour was great while that lasted. I don't blame them for not having lucas oil race but the woo are going to be a hot ticket seller this season. On the sprints I wouldn't mind seeing an ovsca show. Just one because the attica regulars are a lot better funded teams and cars. Be something different to watch.

Comment

• Attica could be part of the Buckeye Late Model Speedweek they do. WCS had one last year so if they did Attica Fri and WCS Sat could make a nice late model weekend.

Comment

• AFCS main goal is to keep cars at Fremont and Attica so they dont travel but at the same time I wonder how many cars that keeps from going to Attica and Fremont.
              Drivers say oh its a AFCS show so lets go elsewhere. I have wondered about that.
              Attica cars are well funded no doubt about that and having more local money to sponsor them by the AFCS helps them.

Comment

• Originally posted by RRacer70 View Post
                AFCS main goal is to keep cars at Fremont and Attica so they dont travel but at the same time I wonder how many cars that keeps from going to Attica and Fremont.
                Drivers say oh its a AFCS show so lets go elsewhere. I have wondered about that.
                Attica cars are well funded no doubt about that and having more local money to sponsor them by the AFCS helps them.
                With the $10k to the point winner i doubt it loses cars unless they're running from the competition

Comment

• Im referring to outsiders coming in hit or miss not the regulars who stay with the series. That the travelers might avoid those shows cause they are not members. Does membership have to be bought for running 1 show and do regular members have provisionals.
                  The point fund is great for the regular series members.
                  Would be nice to see better point funds at other tracks sponsored by someone.

Comment

• For those who are wishing an OVSCA show would go to Attica I'm a little confused. OVSCA provides a series to run at tracks (with the exception of Wayne Co.) that do not regularly run sprints in Southern Ohio and West Virginia. It's a good series for it's purpose but it's not like that many drivers follow full time. If I recall correctly I think 4-5 cars ran every show last year, and out of those 2 or 3 might make the back end of the feature at Attica on a weekly show. I understand the premise of wanting something different but if you want something different Attica needs to with a non wing show or even modifieds. The plans for a "bigger" late model show got folded this year when the American Ethanol late model series ceased operations. As much as I would like to see more variety every now and then, Attica does run one of the most consistent weekly programs you can ask for. I cannot remember the last time I attended an event at Attica that did not have a full field for all three weekly divisions.
                    2020 Race Counter: 1
                    Lincoln (1)

Comment

Im referring to outsiders coming in hit or miss not the regulars who stay with the series. That the travelers might avoid those shows cause they are not members. Does membership have to be bought for running 1 show and do regular members have provisionals.
                      The point fund is great for the regular series members.
                      Would be nice to see better point funds at other tracks sponsored by someone.
                      You only pay to join if you're running for points. They don't use provisionals i don't believe. Most shows pay $3k to win with some bigger paying shows too. Every track needs a point fund like Attica to make it worth while running there every week.

Comment

• I think folks want to just see some different cars hence the OVSCA which would bring some southern cars north and folks would see drivers they may have read about.
                        OVSCA is great for what it does and I almost feel that WCS could be their home track or maybe Atomic is. They have picked up several better cars that go to the shows.
                        If they ever got some big money sponsors, they could be the competition of a local series but covering several tracks.
                        The Buckeye late model week is not the Amer. Etha. cars so that could have been a doable option.
                        Maybe Attica makes a lot of money off the lates and they dont have to raise purses to keep a large car count. Smaller purse is more money in Atticas pocket.

I think Attica is running what brings the most money in and some events they have tried lost income for them as they did not go over with the fans.

I think Attica and WCS are appealing to a good mix of fans with both the late models and sprints every night for their shows.

Now if Hilltop would get on board with more efficient shows like Attica and WCS and add some OVSCA shows, they could build up their fans.
                        They had a good racing surface last year.

Comment

• Thanks Ryan5R, I wasnt sure if you had to buy a membership to race any of their races as some sanctions(all divisions) force you to buy membershios to run some shows.
                          Bigger purses would help even more than a bigger point fund in my opinion.
                          Really want to see WCS take it to the next level of higher paying purses for regular shows even if they have to raise ticket price orvwork harder for sponsors.

Any news on Mansfield even if only a special show, sad that facility will sit.

Comment

Thanks Ryan5R, I wasnt sure if you had to buy a membership to race any of their races as some sanctions(all divisions) force you to buy membershios to run some shows.
                            Bigger purses would help even more than a bigger point fund in my opinion.
                            Really want to see WCS take it to the next level of higher paying purses for regular shows even if they have to raise ticket price orvwork harder for sponsors.

Any news on Mansfield even if only a special show, sad that facility will sit.
                            I heard over the weekend Mansfield is going to be ran by a Australian for specials only with the owners backing him. I don't know if it'll happen tho

Comment

• Now if we just had truth to some of the Mansfield rumors.
                              I cant believe how many times I heard Tony Stewart was buying it. LOL

Comment

I think folks want to just see some different cars hence the OVSCA which would bring some southern cars north and folks would see drivers they may have read about.
                                OVSCA is great for what it does and I almost feel that WCS could be their home track or maybe Atomic is.
                                What I think is funny is the posters that want variety or see other 410 sprint cars are the same people that won't support the WoO or All-Stars when they come to town, but want to see the OVSCA, USAC, etc...

Comment

Working...
                                X