2020 event dates and schedules thread.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RRacer70 View Post
    AFCS main goal is to keep cars at Fremont and Attica so they dont travel but at the same time I wonder how many cars that keeps from going to Attica and Fremont.
    Drivers say oh its a AFCS show so lets go elsewhere. I have wondered about that.
    Attica cars are well funded no doubt about that and having more local money to sponsor them by the AFCS helps them.

As Ryan 5R said and is correct on, the ONLY AFCS membership fee is if you wanna be in the points fund which was $29,000 for the 410s and over $10,000 for 305s just for the series, and the members only drawings for products, sometimes $$ and such at each race we did last season that resulted in over $10,000 worth of stuff we gave away in members only drawings. No provisionals at all for the series and there is actually some bonuses that are open to anyone that races that night with the series if they earn them as well

Comment

• Had a double post reason unknown so editing by typing over double post.

Responding to another poster about my thoughts.
      I think the folks liking to see an OVSCA show arent avoiding All Stars or WoO shows but are sometimes in areas at non sprint tracks and want to see sprints. WoO and All Stars are not going to be at those tracks so the only chance might be OVSCA.

For an example my job rarely allows me to go see races on Fridays, my only choice for proximity is going to Hilltop or staying home. I would enjoy the OVSCA at Hilltop if they would be not so anti sprint there.

They have much improved the track there last year so would like to see an attempt at sprints.
      Last edited by RRacer70; 3 weeks ago.

Comment

• Attica specifically isn't going to have anything other than AFCS, All Star, and the 1 outlaw show. Last year they said respectfully that they would not have the FAST series as they wanted to focus on their own series with Fremont. Can't say I blame them because if it sells tickets go for it. Not broke don't fix it. I am in the opinion that feels a USAC show would work with 410 on the card, would like to see midgets. I think Attica probably has one of the better schedules & shows in the state

I do think though that some do avoid going to All Star & Outlaw shows & would go to a FAST or OVSCA show instead but that's their preference. Only thing fans can do is reach out & request those tracks to book the series & if they do show up. Unfortunately we are in an age where there are some tracks/promoters look to get as much backgate money as possible without paying a lot of purse money. I've seen some tracks schedules both dirt & asphalt and it looks like glorified demo derbies.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sprint14 View Post
          Not broke don't fix it.
          Amen.

Comment

• 1/4 of the Attica schedule is ASCoC events. I though everyone here would be thrilled.

Comment

• Originally posted by racemak View Post
              1/4 of the Attica schedule is ASCoC events. I though everyone here would be thrilled.
              Cant wait for ASCoC shows at Attica... Best racing in OH. I would just like to see a single USAC/AFCS weekend. Midgets at Attica would be incredible (IMO).

Comment

1/4 of the Attica schedule is ASCoC events. I though everyone here would be thrilled.
                I'm beyond thrilled. This year I'll probably be able to make all of the All Star dates at Attica. Last year I think I only missed the night before the Doty because of a late work meeting. If they had more All Star races on the schedule I would probably be more prone to going more often. Makes the 2hr drive up that way much more worth it when you know you are probably getting nearly 40cars, an A-main that any track in the country would like to have, most likely a good to great feature, plus a smooth running program that keeps everything moving.

Comment

• Attica is ump tire and buckeye speedweek is different tire rule. John doesn't want to force new tires on teams for 1 night

Comment

• Originally posted by SAF92 View Post

Cant wait for ASCoC shows at Attica... Best racing in OH. I would just like to see a single USAC/AFCS weekend. Midgets at Attica would be incredible (IMO).
                    I think a USAC/AFCS show would probably be a hit at Attica, especially with midget IMO as well. I do think 410's have to be on the card as well as others have said that the stands are not as packed when they are not part of the program. I will say in the past handful of years the USAC team has had kind of a resurgence when it comes to that form of racing & the quality of cars/drivers. If this were say 2010-2011 then probably no for the whole Attica/USAC show but today I think it would work.

One of my favorite shows that is no longer around unfortunately was the Sprintacular or Last Call for Methonal at Eldora where they had All Star410, 360, and Boss wingless. 3 classes of sprintcars and usually a great feature in all classes plus 1 year I think they had almost 140cars between all classes. I think if Attica did a 410/305/USAC or 410/USAC Wingless &Midget show it would be a big hit.

Comment

Even for the best of products there's nothing wrong with continually asking, "how can we make this better?" That's how you make a good product great, a great product outstanding, and outstanding product stellar, etc. Along the way there might be some ideas that don't work, but if you don't ask the question in the first place and try something different then eventually everything becomes stagnant and falls behind.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sprint14 View Post

I think a USAC/AFCS show would probably be a hit at Attica, especially with midget IMO as well. I do think 410's have to be on the card as well as others have said that the stands are not as packed when they are not part of the program. I will say in the past handful of years the USAC team has had kind of a resurgence when it comes to that form of racing & the quality of cars/drivers. If this were say 2010-2011 then probably no for the whole Attica/USAC show but today I think it would work.

One of my favorite shows that is no longer around unfortunately was the Sprintacular or Last Call for Methonal at Eldora where they had All Star410, 360, and Boss wingless. 3 classes of sprintcars and usually a great feature in all classes plus 1 year I think they had almost 140cars between all classes. I think if Attica did a 410/305/USAC or 410/USAC Wingless &Midget show it would be a big hit.
                        The only thing that might not work with what your asking is the ticket price ... if your having the 410's, USAC, and midgets your likely looking at 30 dollars and not sure many of the regular fans that go to Attica would pay to see it when it doesn't have All-Stars or WoO's on the card.

Comment

• Sanction fees for usac and probably insurance too are incredibly high I've always understood

Comment

• no sanction for BOSS and they always have a good count just do it on a weekend when they are at fremont on saturday for a good @ day show

Comment

• Originally posted by SAF92 View Post

I would love that too!!!!!! Hell of an idea! Now only if we could convince the track, so far my trying to convince them into a USAC show hasnt worked too well

Comment

• h

Comment

Working...
                                X