Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• h

Comment

• Shame to see only sprint cars there. Gotta have at least one quarter panel class to get my money

Comment

• Originally posted by Jim11h View Post
        Shame to see only sprint cars there. Gotta have at least one quarter panel class to get my money
        It's not a shame for a lot of us. The less quarter panels the better for me. Judging by the stands at the shows I went to last year, not having classes like modifieds did not hurt them. It wouldn't break my heart if I never saw another modified, sport mod, modified sport mod, 602, street stock, compact or hornet race again. I'm glad tracks like Waynesfield are stepping up & not just putting classes on the track for backgate money.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sprint14 View Post

It's not a shame for a lot of us. The less quarter panels the better for me. Judging by the stands at the shows I went to last year, not having classes like modifieds did not hurt them. It wouldn't break my heart if I never saw another modified, sport mod, modified sport mod, 602, street stock, compact or hornet race again. I'm glad tracks like Waynesfield are stepping up & not just putting classes on the track for backgate money.
          ... Agree 100%

Comment

Pretty sure he means Late Models

Comment

• Late models, mods, and local stock cars are all good. Stocks at Eldora are great show. Mods are far from backgate class. Their a headliner at many tracks in Midwest and I've seen some of best mod races at waynesfield. Bowersock and Henry were side by side entire feature for lead one night. Latemodel are good show there as well.

FYI, them there D2 midgets are a backgate low buck division. Another thing, without lower starter division you don't have 410 drivers. Chad kemenah ran street stock before outlaws and owens ran mods before world 100. There needs to be 3-4 classes at local track for folks to choose but there's no need for 10 divisions of similar car. Ignorance is bliss in those bubbles for some and why they don't see some of the decline in racing

Comment

• Yes too many tracks having all these sub divisions of modified especially and the sprint class get watered down with too many. All it does is weaken the main class.

One track had about 4 or 5 divisions of modifieds and I will not go to those races as they drag the night out.

Comment

• There is too many divisions in racing overall. I travel around and see a variety of different shows/cars and tracks. If Waynesfield finds profits in only sprints then good for them. I enjoy the All sprint shows lernerville and fremont has had the last couple years. Its not every week though and only once or twice a year. Attica and Waynesfield aren't too far apart and Attica doesn't get many fans when the 410s aren't on the card.

Comment

Late models, mods, and local stock cars are all good. Stocks at Eldora are great show. Mods are far from backgate class. Their a headliner at many tracks in Midwest and I've seen some of best mod races at waynesfield. Bowersock and Henry were side by side entire feature for lead one night. Latemodel are good show there as well.

FYI, them there D2 midgets are a backgate low buck division. Another thing, without lower starter division you don't have 410 drivers. Chad kemenah ran street stock before outlaws and owens ran mods before world 100. There needs to be 3-4 classes at local track for folks to choose but there's no need for 10 divisions of similar car. Ignorance is bliss in those bubbles for some and why they don't see some of the decline in racing
                    You may think mods and local stocks or stocks at Eldora are a great show but myself & a lot of people don't. Mods might be a headliner in the Midwest but tracks in the Midwest continue to close which means they are not drawing crowds. Words that are not said often: "Let me see where there is a good modified or street stock race." I have not ever seen a good modified or street stock race but that's just me. Usually when I'm watching I'm thinking can these guys hurry up & get off the track so I can see what I came to see which is sprints, 410 or 305, or settle for late models. Mods of any kind are not exciting to me, never have been & I'm not in the minority with that.

I'm fine with D2 midgets, heck I'm fine if they would start an Outlaw Kart/Go kart division (I've even said I'd much rather see wiener dog races) or more mini sprints. That way you do have lower divisions to help people get into cars that wouldn't tear up the track & take forever plus they would be inexpensive and probably better. I'm sure they probably did not have a great impact in the305 division when Kemenah was starting, now they do. There does not need to be more than 3 divisions at a track & 2 should not be different classes of modifieds. I know many people that would be willing to pay$5 additional at the gate to eliminate some of the "pretend/play/fantasy" racecar driver classes off the lineup. Plus if they took the purse & point fund money from those classes & put them in the Sprint & maybe late model class fund you would probably get your car counts up as well as your front gate. I'm fine with support divisions, it just seems that a majority of people don't care about modifieds. I find a majority of people that stay & watch them are basically family members, and you can't make money on classes that basically host family reunions
                    ​​​​​

Comment

Usually when I'm watching I'm thinking can these guys hurry up & get off the track so I can see what I came to see

​​​​​

I say the same thing when non wing sprints are on the track

Comment

• When I plan on attending a special event, the first things that I look for is starting times and how many support classes. If I'm driving a substantial distance to see a traveling series race, I don't need to witness 5-6 classes of modifieds, street stocks, thunder cars, hornets, mini sprints, etc.... I can find a local show close to home and view them another time. I don't need to be held hostage by a promoter who thinks that the larger than normal crowd came to see the locals perform. 1-2 support classes max should suffice when you bring in a traveling show that most people came to see. And Mr Promoter, please work very hard to start the show as close to the advertised time as possible. Of course, these are just my opinions.

Comment

• DIRTcar UMP Modified ‘Gator Championship’ (30 laps): 1. 11H-Spencer Hughes [2][$5,000]; 2. 12H-Jason Hughes [1][$2,000]; 3. 95-Michael Altobelli [14][$1,250]; 4. 23-Ryan Cripe [8][$1,000]; 5. 2-Nick Hoffman [10][$800]; 6. 18L-Michael Long [17][$700]; 7. 35-David Stremme [5][$600]; 8. 96M-Mike McKinney [12][$575]; 9. 7JA-Justin Allgaier [3][$550]; 10. K19-Will Krup [25][$525]; 11. 77-Ray Bollinger [16][$500]; 12. 36-Kenny Wallace [13][$500]; 13. 5-Curt Spalding [21][$500]; 14. 3L-Jeff Leka [6][$500]; 15. 75-Terry Phillips [22][$450]; 16. OOD-David Reutimann [23][$425]; 17. 7-Drake Troutman [18][$400]; 18. 7CT-Christian Thomas [20][$375]; 19. 99M-Mike Mullen [28][$350]; 20. 99-Hunt Gossum [11][$300]; 21. 67-Garret Stewart [19][$300]; 22. 7A-Shane Sabraski [26][$300]; 23. 52-Colin Green [24][$300]; 24. 90-Jason Beaulieu [29][$300]; 25. 88-Matt Crafton [30][$300]; 26. 12L-Lucas Lee [15][$300]; 27. 22-Dale Kelley [31][$300]; 28. 8KS-Kyle Strickler [9][$300]; 29. 25-Tyler Nicely [4]; 30. 45J-Johnny Broking [27]; 31. 49-Brian Ruhlman [7][-]; 32. 65-Todd Sherman [32][-]. KSE Hard Charger Award: K19-Will Krup [+15].

5 Nascar guys in that field but not something people watch. I get you don't like and your choice but least educate yourself first. Tracks are closing not only in Midwest but everywhere. Luckily a few new tracks surfacing though.

Comment

• Agreed mud packer. Read about these tracks down south and cringe. Earlier this year I think was east Alabama they had 602, 604, limited, steel block and super lates . That's just insane and they had more classes with them. Think read 11 total.

Comment

DIRTcar UMP Modified ‘Gator Championship’ (30 laps): 1. 11H-Spencer Hughes [2][$5,000]; 2. 12H-Jason Hughes [1][$2,000]; 3. 95-Michael Altobelli [14][$1,250]; 4. 23-Ryan Cripe [8][$1,000]; 5. 2-Nick Hoffman [10][$800]; 6. 18L-Michael Long [17][$700]; 7. 35-David Stremme [5][$600]; 8. 96M-Mike McKinney [12][$575]; 9. 7JA-Justin Allgaier [3][$550]; 10. K19-Will Krup [25][$525]; 11. 77-Ray Bollinger [16][$500]; 12. 36-Kenny Wallace [13][$500]; 13. 5-Curt Spalding [21][$500]; 14. 3L-Jeff Leka [6][$500]; 15. 75-Terry Phillips [22][$450]; 16. OOD-David Reutimann [23][$425]; 17. 7-Drake Troutman [18][$400]; 18. 7CT-Christian Thomas [20][$375]; 19. 99M-Mike Mullen [28][$350]; 20. 99-Hunt Gossum [11][$300]; 21. 67-Garret Stewart [19][$300]; 22. 7A-Shane Sabraski [26][$300]; 23. 52-Colin Green [24][$300]; 24. 90-Jason Beaulieu [29][$300]; 25. 88-Matt Crafton [30][$300]; 26. 12L-Lucas Lee [15][$300]; 27. 22-Dale Kelley [31][$300]; 28. 8KS-Kyle Strickler [9][$300]; 29. 25-Tyler Nicely [4]; 30. 45J-Johnny Broking [27]; 31. 49-Brian Ruhlman [7][-]; 32. 65-Todd Sherman [32][-]. KSE Hard Charger Award: K19-Will Krup [+15].

5 Nascar guys in that field but not something people watch. I get you don't like and your choice but least educate yourself first. Tracks are closing not only in Midwest but everywhere. Luckily a few new tracks surfacing though.
                              I am well aware of how many former Nascar drivers who could barely run in the top 20-25 consistently race modifieds. Just because I & others do not like them does not mean that we are not educated on them. Also, I am aware of the 5 that raced over the past week because I watched it on Dirtvision and they made it a point to interview some of them. Then I had to watch the heats which good thing about dirtvision, you can change the channel and not suffer through the race. Seems like it is also a class that guys go to at the end of their career to relive their glory days. That is fine too, always a place for those kinds of things but people still will not pay money to see it. If you watched the races and even saw some shots of the victory lane celebrations, you can see a vast majority of people leaving and not even staying for the modified feature. They had to do a public service announcement each night inviting people to stay for it. It’s the equivalent of seeing retired basketball or football players playing a pickup game. Its great to see but I don’t want to pay money to see it.

You look at the track closings in the Midwest and tracks in general it is easy to see why. Look at their schedules with 5+ classes with 3-4 of them being some form of modified plus some other junk, and I hate to be mean and call it that but some of the classes are what they are, Junk. Then you add in there are no major races from a competitive sanctioning body, the website/social media hasn’t been updated in years, and the place looks like its falling apart. I get you need some starter classes but you don’t need 3 each night and not every track needs to run them. If they are going to run them like I said run Outlaw Karts or Go Karts in the infield and then run a 305 or Late Model race. My friends and I when we plan on going to a race we look at the support divisions and anymore if we see modifieds as one of them, its hard to justify going to a race unless its an event/facility we really like. Attica has the best method of most of the tracks when it comes to their big shows. If the All Stars or Outlaws are there, only 1 support class (Late Models or 305) or none. Racing is always good to great and the pace of the show is great. WCS is right there with them. Modifieds do not draw a crowd in Ohio and I’m sorry that my opinion is that the racing is not good.

Comment

• Attica and Wayne County do great on specials with no or 1 support class so the show moves along and you get home at a decent time.

Comment

Working...
                                X