All Star point fund increases to $258,000; Series champion to earn $65,000

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All Star point fund increases to $258,000; Series champion to earn $65,000

LINK: All Star point fund increases to $258,000; Series champion to earn $65,000
    2020 All Star point fund increases to $258,000; Series champion to earn $65,000

BROWNSBURG, Ind. (January 13, 2020) – The 2020 Ollie’s Bargain Outlet All Star Circuit of Champions presented by Mobil 1 boasts an impressive schedule of 55 events, 17 of which will award a winner’s payout of at least $6,000. With an exciting slate comes a hefty point fund, as the 2020 All Star Circuit of Champions point fund will now award $258,000 across the top twelve positions including $65,000 for the championship team; a $58,000 increase from 2019. Kevin Rudeen has committed to ‘sponsoring’ $50,000 of the increased fund.

“I’ll be the first to admit that I have never liked points racing, but this past year was a lot of fun for me and my team,” said Kevin Rudeen. “We had an awesome time at the All Star banquet in December and I really like the way that Tony and his team do things with the Series. I’m looking forward to 2020 with our partnership with the All Stars. We will be announcing details at a later date on our 2020 Rayce Rudeen Foundation Race.”

Not only will the Series champion notice an impressive lift in the season-ending point fund, bumping up from $51,000 in 2019 to $65,000 in 2020, but the remaining 11 positions within the top twelve will also see an increase including a $9,000 jump for second and third place raising the payouts to $45,000 and $35,000, respectively.

In addition, the fourth place payout will increase from $21,000 to $28,000, fifth place from $16,000 to $22,000, sixth place from $11,000 to $15,000, seventh place from $9,500 to $12,000, eighth place from $8,000 to $10,000, ninth place from $6,500 to $8,000, tenth place from $5,500 to $7,000, eleventh place from $5,000 to $6,000, and twelfth place from $4,500 to $5,000.

“This is awesome,” said Tony Stewart. “A huge thank you goes out to Kevin Rudeen. He took a chance with the All Stars last year having Cory (Eliason) driving full-time, also put together a nice contingency package for the racers and sponsored a huge Foundation race. Whenever we can give back to our racers, it puts a smile on my face.”

Although not accumulating championship points toward the season-ending point fund, the All Star Circuit of Champions will kick-off their 2020 season with a four-race stint in the Sunshine State, first invading the high-paced Volusia Speedway Park near Barberville, Florida, on Wednesday and Thursday, February 5 & 6, followed by a two-day visit to East Bay Raceway Park just south of Tampa on Monday and Tuesday, February 10 & 11.

The championship point season will activate, officially, on Friday and Saturday, April 10 & 11, with a two-day stay at the highbanks of Attica Raceway Park in Attica, Ohio. The Spring Nationals doubleheader will award $5,000 on each night.

2020 All Star Circuit of Champions Point Fund:
    1. $65,000
    2. $45,000
    3. $35,000
    4. $28,000
    5. $22,000
    6. $15,000
    7. $12,000
    8. $10,000
    9. $8,000
    10. $7,000
    11. $6,000
    12. $5,000

Total: $258,000

Has anybody heard if Speedshift will be covering the All-Stars this year?

My wish that Dirtvision would cover them some how, but I know that isn't likely ... my dream ... so I didn't have to choose between Dirtvision (WoO) and Speedshift (All-Stars).

Comment

All-Star PPV announcement coming out this week.
      2020 Racin' Chasin' Counter: (6) - Volusia (4), East Bay (2)

2019 Racin' Chasin' Counter:
      54 Races @ 33 Tracks; (19-Rain Outs)
      2018 Racin' Chasin' Counter: 50 Races @ 31 Tracks; (12-Rain Outs)
      2017 Racin' Chasin' Counter: 57 Races @ 30 Tracks; (7-Rain Outs)
      2016 Racin' Chasin' Counter: 59 Races @ 28 Tracks; (15-Rain Outs)
      2015 Racin' Chasin' Counter: 56 Races @ 25 Tracks; (12-Rain Outs)

Comment

Originally posted by Ross View Post
        All-Star PPV announcement coming out this week.
        Thanks!! Good to hear and hopefully it is all the races again ... got my fingers crossed for Dirtvision ... hahaha.

Comment

2020 All Star Circuit of Champions Race Format
          Car Count # of Heats Transfer # of Dash (es) Dash Laps
          30 or less 3 6 1 6
          31-40 4 5 2 4
          41 or more 5 4 2 4
          2 laps of single car time trials (1 or 2 cars at a time).

3 Heats:
          Qualify against the Entire Field.
          No Groups.
          Heat Invert of 4 per heat (12 Overall).

4 & 5 Heats:
          Qualify only against cars that will be in your hot lap group and subsequent heat race.
          Heat races will invert four (4).

For example, in a 36 car field, there would be Four (4) groups of hot laps with Nine (9) cars in each group.
          In time trials, a car would only be attempting to out qualify the other Eight (8) cars in that group.
          For heat race line up purposes.
          Those nine (9) cars will also be in the same heat race.

The penalty for missed time trial position, with a two (2) car grace, is one (1) timed lap at the end of qualifying –best you can start your heat race is 5th.For any reason you take one lap at the end of qualifying your time will not be used for Dash eligibility, you must win your heat to make the dash.

The Heat Winner then the Quickest Transfer from each Heat AND then the top Two (2) from overall time trials that also advance to the A-main through their heat race will,random draw for dash starting position.

The finish of the Dash(es) will set the top starting positions of the A-Main.

Non-dash cars that qualify for the A-Main are lined up by heat race finish behind the Dash Cars(3rd place finishers, then 4th place finishers, then 5th place finishers etc...)Starting position amongst the same place finishing cars will be determine by overall qualifying time.

Top 2 qualifiers from overall time trials not transferring to the A-main will occupy the front row of the B-Main. Remaining non-transfer cars are lined up in the B, C, & D-Mains up by heat race finish.Starting position amongst the same place finishing cars will be determine by overall qualifying time.

D-Main event transfers tag the back of the C-Main event by finish position.
          C-Main event transfers tag the back of the B-Main event by finish position.
          B-Main event transfers tag the back of the A-Main event by finish position.

24 A-Main starters + up to 4 provisional starters (2 Series & 2 Track)

Comment

I get it but would rather them stick with the top two cars. If you qualify 1st you’re still starting in a transfer so you’ve just gotta finish to make the dash now. Oh well, gotta make sure your guys make the show.
            2020 Race Counter: 1
            Lincoln (1)

Comment

Originally posted by GTigers55 View Post
              I get it but would rather them stick with the top two cars. If you qualify 1st you’re still starting in a transfer so you’ve just gotta finish to make the dash now. Oh well, gotta make sure your guys make the show.
              Who is "your guys" because the first position or the fastest isn't always going to be a All-Star guy and likely won't be the case. Remember most of these All-Stars are going to tracks that they rarely see over the course of the year so the locals have a big advantage in some areas. I believe last year if you qualified 1st or 2nd you was in the dash as long as you made through the heat races of getting into the A-main?

I like that they stuck with the 4-invert for many reasons because I like seeing guys having to work to get into the A-Main and should mean something as well. Also liked that they kept the qualifying for cars in the same heat if more than 31 cars/4-5 heats.

The problem I have with the top 2 cars in the dash is at some tracks especially at a place like Eldora where if the conditions are right such as wet/tacky/one lane for the heat races who ever starts on the front row can easily finish in those same positions especially if no yellow flags during the heat races by just taking off and setting sail. The same can be said to a lot of tracks that are the same way of being very narrow during the heat races and doesn't widen out. I never like the approach that some teams getting on the front row because they dogged it or simply aren't that good/fast so should they be rewarded by getting into the dash spot simply by pulling away in a heat race?

One thing I would like to see for dash draws is make the winners the top spots (1-5 or however many heats) and let them pick those spots and the fastest non-winners take the remaining spots (6-10) for the dash to make it more exciting and also more of a advantage of trying to win the heat race by getting the first picks or the top so many spots.

I do like that they are giving some credence to qualifying and whoever doesn't make the A-main through the heat races gets to start up front in the B-Main for those 2 first spots of kind of a reward, but still going to have to earn it. Sometimes with these pill draws for heats/qualifying you can get into a pretty tough group while others aren't so being fast could benefit you even if you don't make it.

No matter if it is the WoO, All-Stars, or local tracks I hate seeing heat races with 10 cars or even more in some cases. I actually would like to see more heat races, less cars, and give guys a chance especially if they had issues in their qualifying attempt. I personally don't like seeing anymore than 8 cars in a heat. Heck give the fans more heat races and make them feel like they are getting a lot of racing for their money.
              Last edited by DirtRacer42; January 22nd, 2020, 02:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by GTigers55 View Post
                I like the changes. Its wasn't uncommon for the fast qualifier in the heat to start 4th on a heavier, narrow track and finish outside the top 2. This format rewards the fastest and 4th fastest qualifier for each heat race.

Comment

Rewarding time trials by heat winners only to dash and fastest transfer time from each heat to dash then next 2 fastest times from qualifying that transfer but still wasn't in dash. Redraw just to make interesting VS heat winners up front etc.

it could be construed as fastest lap time in heat race of transfer car per heat to dash instead of qualify time to put more emphasis on racing fast and hard in heat

Comment

These new rules will surely reduce the car counts.

They should invert the whole field in the heat races and take the top two finishers. Forget the dashes and invert at least twelve in the feature. Give the little guy a chance. Good drivers can come from the back.

Fans don’t want a follow the leader show.

Comment

Originally posted by tk49 View Post

They should invert the whole field in the heat races and take the top two finishers. Forget the dashes and invert at least twelve in the feature. Give the little guy a chance. Good drivers can come from the back.

Apparently you don't get to many shows. It's definitely not follow the leader. The racing will be just as good and the drivers have more than likely already got a handle on it.

Comment

Originally posted by tk49 View Post

hahaha ... sounds like you want to just hand money to slow guys without earning it as well. You want to reward cars for being slow in a sport that thrives on speed?

Your also asking for a lot of wrecked race cars which in time will reduce car counts and likely keep a lot of cars away from your track if asking them to pass 8-10 cars in a 8 lap heat race especially in most cases when the heat races are a lot of follow the leader because of track conditions. Also having cars that are so much slower in front of the field can cause a lot of issues as well and at times put drivers in a very uncomfortable position that they aren't used to running as well.

Invert a 8-10 car heat race in a 8-10 lap race ... what is the reward for going fast then? That would mean a lot of sandbagging big-time.

Why would these new rules reduce car counts because it isn't really any different than any local show that qualifies which usually inverts the top 4 cars for heat races or not really that much different than in the past rules besides not taking the top 2. Also it isn't like they are changing how many cars go to the feature, the purse, etc... If this keeps the "little guy" away than he likely probably shouldn't be racing on the All-Star card that night with the 2nd biggest sprint payout in the country and go to a local southern Ohio track or similar to Lernerville where they can race for $1,500 to win and 150 to start and wonder why car counts are so low.

Comment

I thought the all star format in 2019 was the perfect balance of entertaining racing and rewarding drivers who not only timed decent but could pass as well. In previous years the top 2 fastest qualifiers who transferred in their heat race made the dash as well as the top 2 in each heat. Now, theoretically, quick time in each group can finish 4th, and the fastest two other cars that finish 5th can transfer in as well. And then the winners in the dash.

if the outlaws switched from their format to this I’d be happy, but this is a step back from last year for the all stars.
                          2020 Race Counter: 1
                          Lincoln (1)

Comment

Why don’t we just pay the fast qualifier the money for winning and forget the race since he doesn’t have to earn it by starting on the front.

Most excitement these days is when the leader is in lapped traffic. If the fast driver can pass a car lapping it, he can pass it when it is on the lead lap..

The so called field fillers will stay home if they have no chance to make the show.

The quality of the entertainment has been reduced year after year by inverting fewer and fewer cars. This is evidenced by more and more empty seats.

Comment

Hahahaha I guarantee Attica, Wayne Co, Sharon, and Fremont have 40+ cars at every ASCoC show in 2020. If I want to see "the little guy" have a better chance to win I'll go watch a local show.

Comment

Working...
                              X