All Star point fund increases to $258,000; Series champion to earn $65,000

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SAF92 View Post
    Hahahaha I guarantee Attica, Wayne Co, Sharon, and Fremont have 40+ cars at every ASCoC show in 2020. If I want to see "the little guy" have a better chance to win I'll go watch a local show.
    Guarantee 40+ cars every show? I would take that bet seven days a week and twice on Sunday. Take a look to see how many times more than 40+ cars showed up at these tracks last year other than speedweek then get back to me.

Hahahaha? Are we dealing with teenage kids in here. Better throw in a Na-na-na-na too.

Comment

Originally posted by Blaniac1 View Post

Guarantee 40+ cars every show? I would take that bet seven days a week and twice on Sunday. Take a look to see how many times more than 40+ cars showed up at these tracks last year other than speedweek then get back to me.

Hahahaha? Are we dealing with teenage kids in here. Better throw in a Na-na-na-na too.
      Attica 5/24 - 40 cars
      Fremont 5/26 -27 cars
      Attica 6/14 - 53 cars
      Wayne Co 6/19 - 37 cars
      Wayne Co 6/22 - 50 cars
      Sharon 7/6 - 36 cars
      Attica 8/30 - 33 cars
      Attica 8/31 - 37 cars
      Wayne Co 9/2 - 36 cars

Ok... 40+ might've been excessive and including Fremont was dumb on my part. They were getting 12 cars on a regular Saturday night lol.

Other than that these 3 tracks were under 36 cars ONE time in 2019 for ASCoC shows.

Comment

My post "guaranteeing 40+ cars" was meant to be in response to someone saying that less cars are/will be showing up due less cars being inverted. My point still stands the ASCoC are in for strong year in terms of car counts and fan attendance at those 3 OH tracks.

Looking at car counts for these 3 OH tracks made me wonder what car counts in PA looked like in 2019:
        Port 4/13 - 36 cars
        Grandview 8/22 - 24 cars
        Grove 8/23 - 31 cars
        Lincoln 8/24 - 30 cars
        BAPS 8/25 - 28 cars
        Bedford 9/5 - 30 cars
        Port 9/6 - 58 cars
        Port 9/7 - 53 cars
        Grove 9/20 - 37 cars
        Lincoln 9/21 - 49 cars
        Hagerstown 9/22 - cars

Comment

Originally posted by tk49 View Post
          The quality of the entertainment has been reduced year after year by inverting fewer and fewer cars. This is evidenced by more and more empty seats.
          What evidence of empty seats at places like Attica for a WoO or All-Star show ... hahaha.

Comment

Originally posted by Blaniac1 View Post
            Take a look to see how many times more than 40+ cars showed up at these tracks last year other than speedweek then get back to me.
            The All-Star shows at places like Attica and Wayne County have been some of the bigger car counts in Ohio when they are running a All-Star show.

Comment

Originally posted by DirtRacer42 View Post

The All-Star shows at places like Attica and Wayne County have been some of the bigger car counts in Ohio when they are running a All-Star show.
              Thanks for clearing that up for me Captain Obvious. I would have never guessed that. 56-27

Comment

In other news, looks to be one of strongest field of full time all star competitors in a long time.
                2020 Race Counter: 1
                Lincoln (1)

Comment

Originally posted by Ross View Post
                  All-Star PPV announcement coming out this week.
                  So about this....

Comment

Originally posted by SAF92 View Post

Attica 5/24 - 40 cars
                    Fremont 5/26 -27 cars
                    Attica 6/14 - 53 cars
                    Wayne Co 6/19 - 37 cars
                    Wayne Co 6/22 - 50 cars
                    Sharon 7/6 - 36 cars
                    Attica 8/30 - 33 cars
                    Attica 8/31 - 37 cars
                    Wayne Co 9/2 - 36 cars

Ok... 40+ might've been excessive and including Fremont was dumb on my part. They were getting 12 cars on a regular Saturday night lol.

Other than that these 3 tracks were under 36 cars ONE time in 2019 for ASCoC shows.
                    36 is still less than 40. Fremont had 12 once. It's not like Wayne County the mecca of motorsports either. I ain't been there since mid 2000s cause place was **** show. Stacker 2 race was black as asphalt and no passing then Wednesday all star show started like 3hrs late and was dry after track was too wet. Attica has always been best consistent surface year after year in all of Ohio. Also it helps that they have no competition for cars. Now back to your democratic facts

Comment

Originally posted by Jim11h View Post

36 is still less than 40. Fremont had 12 once. It's not like Wayne County the mecca of motorsports either. I ain't been there since mid 2000s cause place was **** show. Stacker 2 race was black as asphalt and no passing then Wednesday all star show started like 3hrs late and was dry after track was too wet. Attica has always been best consistent surface year after year in all of Ohio. Also it helps that they have no competition for cars. Now back to your democratic facts
                      36 is less than 40? Wow. Almost like I said "40+ might've been excessive" in that same post for a reason.

Last year Fremont had back-to-back weekends with like 12 or 13 cars. The place sucks and would serve better as a Kroger parking lot.

Comment

To add some real numbers to the discussion of the updated All Star format I reviewed their results from 2019 and applied the new dash format for 2020. I probably messed up a few times here and there, but these are the numbers I came up with.

There were 43 All Star events that used the dash format in 2019, and if they had used the 2020 format an average of 79% of the dash starters over the course of the season would have been the same as with the 2019 format. For specific events, 2 had a low of 63% commonality (Stateline on 6/8 and Plymouth on 8/17 - 5 of 8 common) and 2 had a high of 92% commonality (Wayne County on 6/22 and Eldora on 9/28 - 11 of 12 common). Draw your own conclusions. I didn't dig down really deep to see how many 2nd place finishers would not have qualified for the 2020 dashes, but that can be done.

Comment

Bashing tracks and series and the season hasn’t even started yet. We’re off to a great start in 2020!

Comment

When I get old, I hope I'm not like some people on here that are just miserable and complain about everything. Just because racing today is different than it was back in the 80s & 90s doesn't mean that is worst. Everything someone does it's Doom & gloom, the sky is falling, this & that decision is going to cause car counts to go down, everyone is going to be broke, on and on. This has been being said for 20 years & racing is still happening.
                            Y
                            just had a great point battle for the title with the Outlaws, a great group of cars back with the all Stars, good attendance at big shows, companies investing in the sport, etc. But because Joe Blowme can't afford to race on the weekends at Fremont it's the sky is falling. Well Joe Blowme wasn't able to afford it 20+ years ago not was he going to make the A main then or now. All Stars just increased the purse & made a small most likely insignificant rule change and some how people figure out a way to make it seem bad

Comment

WCS in the 2000s was run by a few different folks who did not put anything back into the track hence it was basically a dead track until current owners breathed life back into it. Die hard regulars were no longer attending WCS back then but have been coming back. New owners are improving it every year on their own funds and the shows have been pretty exciting and close in several of the All star races and others.

Im waiting to see the new clay this year and what improvements they have added.

Also more tracks in the All Star travels so you should be able to find a track you like.

Comment

Originally posted by Sprint14 View Post
                                When I get old, I hope I'm not like some people on here that are just miserable and complain about everything. Just because racing today is different than it was back in the 80s & 90s doesn't mean that is worst. Everything someone does it's Doom & gloom, the sky is falling, this & that decision is going to cause car counts to go down, everyone is going to be broke, on and on. This has been being said for 20 years & racing is still happening.
                                Y
                                just had a great point battle for the title with the Outlaws, a great group of cars back with the all Stars, good attendance at big shows, companies investing in the sport, etc. But because Joe Blowme can't afford to race on the weekends at Fremont it's the sky is falling. Well Joe Blowme wasn't able to afford it 20+ years ago not was he going to make the A main then or now. All Stars just increased the purse & made a small most likely insignificant rule change and some how people figure out a way to make it seem bad
                                100% Agree!

It is usually the same posters that bash the WoO's or All-Stars in these type of threads because they believe it is hurting the "little guy" or not helping the locals.

In most cases the little guy wouldn't show up or likely be in the C or B-Main anyway so most of these rules don't apply to that little guy that would rather go to another track paying 1980's type of purse.

Comment

Working...
                                X