No announcement yet.

All Star point fund increases to $258,000; Series champion to earn $65,000

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’m not sure only “old people” are posting on this subject. There is no way to prove or disprove that. I have no strong opinion one way or the other about the All Stars, but here’s my unbiased response to recent posts : Some of the “little guys” referenced in the previous post do in fact support All Star races. How else do the All Stars get 35-45 car fields when they typically have 10-14 regulars ( depending on the time of year ) ? Secondly, I don’t know of any tracks that pay 1980’s purses. In the 1980’s, the typical weekly payout was in the $ 1000 to $ 1,200 range, while today most tracks are paying $ 2,000 to $ 3,000 to win. It’s good to see that the All Stars have a number of 6K to win races. Their 5K to win format dates back to the mid 1990’s. Some positions pay more now, but most are from the 1990’s. And that is not “ fake news”, as I have their rule books from that era, which list the purse structure. I do congratulate them on the improved points fund, which historically has been all over the ballpark over the years during the various ownerships. Some folks like sanctioned events, and some like the Series, as it should be. That’s the element of diversity / personal preference. It’s all good. Hoping to see some new subjects soon on PitGate, as this thread is getting old quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by Food For Thought View Post
      Secondly, I don’t know of any tracks that pay 1980’s purses. In the 1980’s, the typical weekly payout was in the $ 1000 to $ 1,200 range, while today most tracks are paying $ 2,000 to $ 3,000 to win.

Hoping to see some new subjects soon on PitGate, as this thread is getting old quickly.
      So in southern Ohio or western PA they don't run for $1,500 to win? This is why sprint car racing has been down in those areas along with several teams that decided to join the All-Stars a few years ago because the purse was so terrible in western PA.

Your right about the new subjects on here, but then again this was a positive thread of more money for the All-Star series that turned bad because fans don't like series such as the WoO or All-Stars and want to put them down anytime they can because of their little guy/local mentality. The All-Stars and WoO actually help out the local race tracks by bringing in a lot of people and helping pay a lot more money to these teams. Also would we see big-time purses if these series wasn't around I highly doubt it.

Comment

Originally posted by RRacer70 View Post
        WCS in the 2000s was run by a few different folks who did not put anything back into the track hence it was basically a dead track until current owners breathed life back into it. Die hard regulars were no longer attending WCS back then but have been coming back. New owners are improving it every year on their own funds and the shows have been pretty exciting and close in several of the All star races and others.

Im waiting to see the new clay this year and what improvements they have added.

Also more tracks in the All Star travels so you should be able to find a track you like.
        Jason and Kristin dont get enough credit for how they are taking Wayne to the Next Level . Expect a WoO race next year

Comment

Originally posted by SAF92 View Post

So about this....
          Yea, about this..
          TweetTweet - TheAMain

Comment

SMH
            2019 Race Counter - Total 33 + (rainouts- 14) Atomic-4, Attica-6, Eldora-10, Fremont-6, Wayne County- 2, Waynesfield-4, Winchester-1,

2018 Race Counter - Total- 33 + (Rainouts-18) Atomic-2, Attica-7, Eldora-11, Fremont-3, Kokomo-1, Limaland-2, Mansfield- 2, Waynesfield-4, Wayne County-1

Comment

Working...
            X