Your unpopular dirt racing opinion.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your unpopular dirt racing opinion.

Inspired by a recent episode of The Ohio Dirt Track Podcast, what is your potentially unpopular opinion related to the local racing scene? (At least TRY and keep this civil)

I'll start. Open trailers are overrated. I'm not saying every team needs a mega hauler but If that is what they choose to invest money in, so be it. If I'm an owner, I want to protect my equipment going up and down the road.

I remember reading an article about South Boston Speedway in Virginia where it stated in the track rules that certain classes were not allowed to have enclosed trailers. I think that is asinine. The track should have no say in how sombody spends their money when it comes to something that never goes on the racetrack.
    TweetTweet - TheAMain

Thanks for another plug, TheAMain , another check is in the mail

If you want a "Too long; didn't listen" version of the podcast, here are the opinions I talked about:

1) Racing in February in Ohio would be dumb.
    2) The Outlaws and ASCOC starting their season at Volusia is a good waste of money.
    3) The Williams Grove Bridge needs to go.
    4) Give Brad his rain date back.

If you want my reasoning for the opinions, you're gonna have to listen to the podcast lol

GTigers55 and I also do a quick Lincoln Icebreaker recap, his first taste of the PA Posse on their home turf.

Big news coming on this weeks podcast!

Comment

Mine would be that mufflers on sprint cars really don’t affect how they sound all that much.
      2020 Race Counter: 1
      Lincoln (1)

Comment

Originally posted by GTigers55 View Post
        Mine would be that mufflers on sprint cars really don’t affect how they sound all that much.
        On the property they sound somewhat similar with or without, but the sound and intensity is quite different down the street or down the road, which is why they are used to begin with - to mitigate noise to nearby residents, etc., despite that in many cases the tracks were built before the subdivisions.

Comment

Too many Saturday Tracks especially with Deerfield reopening on Sat. I believe there may be more than 13 if we add in asphalt tracks Sandusky, Barberton, Painesville.
          Dirt Tracks
          Fremont
          Muskingum
          Atomic
          Wayne Cty
          Sharon
          Mercer
          Deerfield
          Brush creek
          35 Raceway
          Eldora
          Midway
          Portsmouth
          Waynesfield
          Last edited by RRacer70; 3 weeks ago.

Comment

Mufflers are drivers ears friend. Headers and Mufflers have given latemodel such a sweet new tune.

few of them Saturday tracks are special only and like deerfield definitely different divisions then most. Southwestern Ohio needs to figure something out cause 3 tracks within 45mins of one another on same night makes zero sense

Comment

Originally posted by RRacer70 View Post
              Too many Saturday Tracks especially with Deerfield reopening on Sat. I believe there may be more than 13 if we add in asphalt tracks Sandusky, Barberton, Painesville.
              Dirt Tracks
              Fremont
              Muskingum
              Atomic
              Wayne Cty
              Sharon
              Mercer
              Deerfield
              Brush creek
              35 Raceway
              Eldora
              Midway
              Portsmouth
              Waynesfield
              Can add on Oakshade and butler to that list too.
              Lincoln (1)

Comment

If they can make it to where Sprint cars do not have to be push started, without changing the design too terribly much then go for it. Granted, I know that's next to impossible talking to some of the mechanics but it's something that if it happened, I wouldn't be upset like some traditionalists.

Other is, fans shouldn't have to simply accept sub standard conditions & shows simply to keep a track in business. It should be up to the tracks to give the fans the same treatment like we expect at any other business. That doesn't mean fans should expect red carpet treatment at a dirt track, but they shouldn't have to expect clogged up toilets that smell like human fecal matter 24/7 that can cover a 2mile radius. Take care of the place like it's your home & put a product on the track people want to see.

Comment

That people should stop acting like winged 410 sprints cars are the only class that matters to dirt racing and watch the other classes. Most of you miss the best races of the night by leaving early or not paying attention to the others.

Comment

https://www.speedwaymotors.com/Bert-...lt,332229.html

same system used in East coast mods. Bert transmission, hand clutch, starter. Add minimal weight where wouldn't hurt anything (100lbs). It'd be most helpful in places where sprints aren't run often and have maybe 3 push trucks.

Comment

Originally posted by MFW View Post
                      That people should stop acting like winged 410 sprints cars are the only class that matters to dirt racing and watch the other classes. Most of you miss the best races of the night by leaving early or not paying attention to the others.
                      I've seen some really good racing in the street stocks and mini stocks the last few years with highly competitive drivers. The super stock class at WCS has been so good that the fans do stay and watch them. The cars look good and catch the interest of folks not used to them I have observed.

Comment

I’ve been a 100 % open wheeler all my life, but often the best racing at Fremont is in the Dirt Trucks. They run side by side and nose to tail and no concerns about the so called “ dirty air “ nonsense. I have felt for decades that weekly tracks should alternate the order of the Feature events so as to showcase each class. Not necessarily saying the 410 Sprints should be last, just not first most or all of the time. Let the fendered classes have their day in the sun once in a while. And same for the 305 Sprints.

Comment

Too many divisions in local dirt track racing. Majority of the tracks don't have the same rules either. I cant tell you how many different modifieds classes there is and why everyones street stocks cant run at more then 2 tracks because of the rule differences. Car counts would be higher if it wasn't for every change being a different class.

Comment

A good example is Hilltop running 7 or 8 classes. If they dropped 3 classes, they would have a much better show.
                            Or Atomic having mega classes with the all stars, which keeps me away.
                            The tracks want to backgate but it kills racing in the stands and I think car counts.

Comment

Originally posted by RRacer70 View Post
                              A good example is Hilltop running 7 or 8 classes. If they dropped 3 classes, they would have a much better show.
                              Or Atomic having mega classes with the all stars, which keeps me away.
                              The tracks want to backgate but it kills racing in the stands and I think car counts.
                              Atomic just added compacts to a dozen shows as a 4th or 5th class 😣🤮
                              Lincoln (1)

Comment

Working...
                              X