No announcement yet.

Your unpopular dirt racing opinion.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WCS can run 4 classes thru and make the show efficient barring any problems, Atomic not so much.

Comment

Atomic used to have outlaw chevettes, them were pretty badass.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim11h View Post
        Atomic used to have outlaw chevettes, them were pretty badass.
        Ive never seen a badass chevette lol

Comment

Comment

My unpopular opinion is dirt tracks should have a small section for drinking and the rest no alcohol instead of a small family section and the rest scattered with hillbillies (Or mullet models in PA) who can't hold their alcohol. I'm no prude, by any means. I drink after the races often times and a couple times a week in general. I have been to literally thousands of races; raced, owned, sponsored, wrenched, even drove a few times but 70 percent of the races I've been to are as a fan. All those years, all those races, I have had a total of 2 beers from the time the green flag fell in hot laps till the final checkered flag fell, but as I look around the stands I know my opinion is an unpopular one.
            2019 Race Counter: 39
            Port Royal (4); Attica (3); Waynesfield (3); Williams Grove (2); Eldora (5); Limaland (3); Haggerstown (1); Sellingsgrove (2); Fremont (2); Mansfield (1); Wayne County (1); Outlaw Speedway (1); Weedsport Speedway (1); Vado, NM (2) Atomic Speedway (2); USA Raceway (2); Devil's Bowl (3); Lonestar Speedway (1)

Comment

New Bleachers for Attica

Comment

Originally posted by armyduke View Post
                My unpopular opinion is dirt tracks should have a small section for drinking and the rest no alcohol instead of a small family section and the rest scattered with hillbillies (Or mullet models in PA) who can't hold their alcohol. I'm no prude, by any means. I drink after the races often times and a couple times a week in general. I have been to literally thousands of races; raced, owned, sponsored, wrenched, even drove a few times but 70 percent of the races I've been to are as a fan. All those years, all those races, I have had a total of 2 beers from the time the green flag fell in hot laps till the final checkered flag fell, but as I look around the stands I know my opinion is an unpopular one.
                Yea, your opinion is likely unpopular and not sure why the stands need to be alcohol free? Most sporting events allow alcohol at their venues -- minus high school events. Your just asking for the stands to be a lot emptier (people not going to the tracks) and likely racing to be a thing of the past with that opinion. I drink in occasion at the tracks and never see a real issue of people getting out of hand. Yes, at times where you have big events with several days of drinking you see people getting out of hand, but that has never deterred or taken the fun out of it for me, but I guess I don't allow it to bother me that much. Also in many cases you can always move yourself if it is that big of a distraction for you.

Originally posted by 14fan View Post
                New Bleachers for Attica
                Not sure that would be unpopular and in fact think Attica could use some new seating and get away from the 1950's wooden bleachers like a lot of other tracks in Ohio.

Take a look at what Port Royal has done recently to their facilities especially seating where they have raised the seating above the track by quite a bit, brought in a lot of aluminum seating and also has a lot of leg room in-between the seats behind you and ahead of you so you don't always have to get up or turn so a person can get through as well.

Last edited by DirtRacer42; 3 weeks ago.

Comment

Yes at some tracks the family section is very small and often in the worst seating area. When the kids were little the family area was not good for race watching. You want to put the family in a good seating area so they will come back and the kids will have good memories and return.

Doesn't the fair supply the bleachers? I heard the fair provides quite a bit for the track so that enables the track to have higher purses which is an advantage over private owned tracks. Any one have the actual stats on this? I find it an interesting topic.

Comment

Speaking of family areas, I talked to a family that quit going to races. The dad said he was tired of all the smokers as he said where ever they sat a group of smokers would show up. They now do other activities instead of racing.
                    I have heard that complaint many times over the last few years.

Comment

No doubt Eroc, if only someone would start a thread where others could post their unpopular opinions then people wouldn't nitpick them, knowing already by the title of the thread that they were unpopular opinions.
                      2019 Race Counter: 39
                      Port Royal (4); Attica (3); Waynesfield (3); Williams Grove (2); Eldora (5); Limaland (3); Haggerstown (1); Sellingsgrove (2); Fremont (2); Mansfield (1); Wayne County (1); Outlaw Speedway (1); Weedsport Speedway (1); Vado, NM (2) Atomic Speedway (2); USA Raceway (2); Devil's Bowl (3); Lonestar Speedway (1)

Comment

Speaking of bleachers that is something both WCS and Hilltop could desperately use. If WCS had bleachers like Mansfield would really help them. I think the bleachers there are from 1980 Doc Leahman era as he removed the dirt hill and put those in and they have not aged well. The dirt hill was actually nicer as the bleachers allowed ease to get in and out. I really liked the Mansfield bleachers.

Comment

Originally posted by RRacer70 View Post
                          Speaking of family areas, I talked to a family that quit going to races. The dad said he was tired of all the smokers as he said where ever they sat a group of smokers would show up. They now do other activities instead of racing.
                          I have heard that complaint many times over the last few years.
                          It's one of my main complaints about racing & the one thing that I have almost gotten into a fight over at the track. Generally one of the first things I do when looking for a seat is to find a somewhat secluded spot just in case their are smokers. Never fails that some inconsiderate piece of crap sits next to us or around us and starts puffing away. Now if my dad is with me, generally he will give them a look so that his grandson doesn't have to breathe it in & they get typically get the message & apologize. Few cases I have had to ask to blow smoke in another direction and in all but 1 instance they oblige. The 1 time was to an older miserable gentleman who thought I was taking away his "freedom" by asking this. After he went off on a nasty tangent about it I told him how about he either stops, or goes somewhere else (we were sitting their first & plenty of seating around) before I shove the cigarette so far down his throat he would blow smoke each time he dropped a number 2. When he got up to come after me I then grabbed him by the throat & raised him off the ground and I think he learned that when someone 6'6 240 (at the time) asks you something politely you listen. When security asked everyone what happened everyone else played dumb, even the nice old lady who thanked me afterwards.

Basically, have some decency and respect. Just because someone made a bad life choice in choosing to smoke doesn't mean everyone who didn't has to share. Go someplace else to service your addiction. And especially keep the smoke away the kids.

Comment

Yes my friend was sitting in family section at the times this happened and people would blow the smoke at them when the smokers could have turned away.

Comment

Agreed, inconsiderate smokers at a race track is awful. If someone asks you to move or to finish your smoke elsewhere please do it. It’s not unreasonable, not to mention it’s a state law even though most tracks don’t enforce it.
                              2020 Race Counter: 1
                              Lincoln (1)

Comment

Inconsiderate is the key word on smokers. I like to think that I am Considerate. I get there early, sit low where No other spots are taken and try not to bother anyone. But if someone comes in after me and starts their **** I will tell them about it. These ridiculous laws in a free country are so petty! I've been supporting race tracks for over 40 years, take my freedoms and I'll take money from your hand.
                                2019 Race Counter - Total 33 + (rainouts- 14) Atomic-4, Attica-6, Eldora-10, Fremont-6, Wayne County- 2, Waynesfield-4, Winchester-1,

2018 Race Counter - Total- 33 + (Rainouts-18) Atomic-2, Attica-7, Eldora-11, Fremont-3, Kokomo-1, Limaland-2, Mansfield- 2, Waynesfield-4, Wayne County-1

Comment

Working...
                                X