Your unpopular dirt racing opinion.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RRacer70 View Post
    How many tracks run more than 4 divisions?
    I came up with
    Hilltop
    Atomic
    Midway
    35 Raceway has about 6 or 7 classes they run most weeks.
    TweetTweet - TheAMain

Comment

Brushcreek and Raceway 7 I believe

Comment

Originally posted by Jim11h View Post
        Brushcreek and Raceway 7 I believe
        Raceway 7 yes, brushcreek no (mods, sport mods, crown vics, Legends). If you want to count the enduro at the end yes they’d be over 4.

2020 Race Counter: 1
        Lincoln (1)

Comment

So are the ones running more than 4 classes doing okay economically or just hanging on?

Comment

My racing unpopular opinions...

1. Nascar fans have the worst manners when it comes to being a spectator at a race (SIT THE HELL DOWN!)

2. Central PA racing, Williams Grove in particular, racing is boring and way over rated.

3. Wayne County and Sharon Speedway might be the most underrated tracks in Ohio.

4. I've never watched a bad race at Attica.

5. Anything with fenders are boring as hell to watch, except at Eldora.

6. The people who have been going to races since the 70's complain about paying more than $20 to see a race, yet complain that no cars show up for a $1000 to win race.

7. Fans who get excited or even cheer when a driver flips or has a serious crash should be beaten with a large stick.

8. Chairs with backs and arm rests have ZERO place on wooden bleachers.

9. Ohio needs more WoO shows besides Eldora and the one show at Attica.

10. Waynesfield is the most entertaining track in Ohio, By a lot.

11. Bring back USAC non wing sprints and Midgets to Ohio.

Comment

I second #3

I have seen some bad races at #4.
              I'll go further I've seen bad races at all tracks.

Never had the chance to go to Waynesfield.

#8 is a big issue on some bleachers. When there is no leg room and chair ends up on your knees. Not fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Beero View Post
                I think the only people who don’t agree with this is Eldora and World Racing Group.
                2020 Race Counter: 1
                Lincoln (1)

Comment

Originally posted by Beero View Post
                  My racing unpopular opinions...

1. Nascar fans have the worst manners when it comes to being a spectator at a race (SIT THE HELL DOWN!)

2. Central PA racing, Williams Grove in particular, racing is boring and way over rated.

3. Wayne County and Sharon Speedway might be the most underrated tracks in Ohio.

4. I've never watched a bad race at Attica.

5. Anything with fenders are boring as hell to watch, except at Eldora.

6. The people who have been going to races since the 70's complain about paying more than $20 to see a race, yet complain that no cars show up for a $1000 to win race.

7. Fans who get excited or even cheer when a driver flips or has a serious crash should be beaten with a large stick.

8. Chairs with backs and arm rests have ZERO place on wooden bleachers.

10. Waynesfield is the most entertaining track in Ohio, By a lot.

11. Bring back USAC non wing sprints and Midgets to Ohio.
                  None of these are unpopular opinions lol.

Comment

Not to get off topic again, but I was just posting my opinion. Never meant to upset anyone? I would never blow smoke at anyone, ever! In over 40 years I have only had a handful of incidents anyway, and they were all drunk. I am an older fan and I know I will be pushed out at some point anyway, but when I pay admission I like to be able to do what I like is all. Some like to smoke, some like to indulge in adult beverages and that is what our entertainment time is all about. I always try to warn patrons I smoke by being early and have them sitting there. Besides when we all come together as a race crowd/community we get along just fine about 99.8% of the time. I'm just a good ole boy that has been supporting this sport for a very long time, been in several roles at tracks too, so I've seen quite a bit of history. I guess I miss those good ole days.
                    2019 Race Counter - Total 33 + (rainouts- 14) Atomic-4, Attica-6, Eldora-10, Fremont-6, Wayne County- 2, Waynesfield-4, Winchester-1,

2018 Race Counter - Total- 33 + (Rainouts-18) Atomic-2, Attica-7, Eldora-11, Fremont-3, Kokomo-1, Limaland-2, Mansfield- 2, Waynesfield-4, Wayne County-1

Comment

Racechaser I believe it will be fine.

Comment

Working...
                      X