Florence Speedway

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Florence Speedway

Due to forecasted rain, snow, and cold temperatures, Saturday’s Spring 50 has been postponed to March 28th. For more info on the rescheduled event, check out the schedule page at florencespeedway.com

there goes that 1st race of season. Next up atomic & Brownstown Lucas races

Unfortunately, with the Coronavirus threat out there I'm afraid that we will see much of the racing season wiped out. Here is to hoping I am completely wrong but with all of the BIG time cancellations, auto racing seams inevitable.

Comment

Yep we’re screwed over a panic. After a rough season last year and inevitable mandatory shut downs this year we’ll be lucky if most of our tracks reopen.
      2020 Race Counter: 1
      Lincoln (1)

Comment

I heard this virus can't hold up to heat so by summer it'll be gone. Plus they'll have a cure within a month. We might lose couple early shows but nothing rain wouldn't of taken

Comment

Originally posted by Jim11h View Post
          I heard this virus can't hold up to heat so by summer it'll be gone. Plus they'll have a cure within a month. We might lose couple early shows but nothing rain wouldn't of taken
          Jim I admire your optimistic attitude however I seriously doubt that they'll have a cure in a month. Presently they are trying to limit the spread of the virus by cancelling large numbers of people gathering in one place. Your view on it not holding up to heat is the first time I have heard of this. No matter what, I hope we do have a racing season in 2020. My fears are that it might go by the wayside which hurts so many people not just the fans.

Comment

Thought I heard the same thing about warmth but I heard today that it might just stagnate & it could be back in August (About the time the Flu starts) with a vengeance.

Comment

Most of the health experts have said "they don't know" because this is a new virus and don't know enough about it yet. As for a cure which is likely not going to happen except for maybe a vaccination is likely to happen in 12-18 months like most experts are saying. They are hoping it will be like the flu and go down with warmer temperatures, but no truth to it. I mean it is rampant in the western states such as California where it is a lot warmer than here.

Not enough testing has been done to know how this virus is spreading or not. The US has roughly only tested 10,000 plus people to date, but a place like South Korea test 12,000 people a day. That shows you how behind the US is compared to other countries and almost seems like a certain group doesn't want to act like this is serious or even happening in the US. People could of had it, but didn't even know it, spread it to others as well and even going to the doctors the past month you likely wouldn't have known about it except for saying it wasn't the common flu.

Comment

I don't believe there will be a cure. We don't have a cure for the common cold or influenza yet. I also don't buy into all the doom and gloom. Media has turned this into mass hysteria and paranoia!

Comment

Well dirtracer a guy high up in John Hopkins whom was instrumental in the ncaa March madness decision said: if you get flu and don't go to Dr and self treat normally then treat this the same but if your condition worse than normal see Dr.

people buy into the sky is falling world all to easy. Thank stupidity and social media for a lot of this and the news for the rest of the paranoid

Comment

Well dirtracer a guy high up in John Hopkins whom was instrumental in the ncaa March madness decision said: if you get flu and don't go to Dr and self treat normally then treat this the same but if your condition worse than normal see Dr.

people buy into the sky is falling world all to easy. Thank stupidity and social media for a lot of this and the news for the rest of the paranoid
                    I am sure Dirtracer (EROC) could teach that guy from John Hopkins a thing or two. It doesn’t matter what the topic is, he is an expert. I am sure he will be here to enlighten and lecture us on our stupidity soon.

Comment

People are stupid (such as the TP thing going on) and ignore recommendations as well such as we seen with musicians still having concerts such as Post Malone in Colorado where they had a crowd of nearly 20,000 possible.

Racing in PA at Lincoln, Port Royal, and Williams Grove even though the PA Governor has stated that they shouldn't have anything with 250 people or more in a setting. In Ohio the governor has stated 100 people or more in this same type of setting.

It isn't trying to frighten people not to do anything, but to not have these large masses together from all over in a small area which can make it spread a lot quicker in many different areas. They are trying to slow the curve and make it last longer, but not have everybody come to the hospital all at one time such as we all saw in Italy where their hospitals are overrun and make people panic even worse.

A person who doesn't even know they have it could pass it on to others and then they could easily spread it to others once they go home. Could you image if a concession stand worker has it at one of these tracks while handling money, food, etc... and hands it to a customer and passing it on without anybody knowing about it and how quickly that could blow this up. People need to stop making everything political and putting their spin on it because of their political view or stance by their politicians take.

World Health Organization...

Sanjay Gupta
                      Last edited by DirtRacer42; 2 weeks ago.

Comment

That sure didn't take long.

Dirtracer said, "Could you image if a concession stand worker has it at one of these tracks while handling money, food, etc... and hands it to a customer and passing it on without anybody knowing about it and how quickly that could blow this up"

Could you imagine if the cashier at Walmart? or the cashier at the gas station? or the cashiers and waiters at restaurants? or the people that go to work at big places? or..or..or..... Keep imagining and I will keep living.

Comment

Originally posted by Blaniac1 View Post
                          That sure didn't take long.

Dirtracer said, "Could you image if a concession stand worker has it at one of these tracks while handling money, food, etc... and hands it to a customer and passing it on without anybody knowing about it and how quickly that could blow this up"

Could you imagine if the cashier at Walmart? or the cashier at the gas station? or the cashiers and waiters at restaurants? or the people that go to work at big places? or..or..or..... Keep imagining and I will keep living.
                          You should really figure out how to use the "quote" button ... hahaha.

Yes, can happen anywhere. I am living my life as well, but also living it smarter as well by not putting myself, my family in certain situations.

Being smarter about it doesnt mean your not living your life. Went to church today kept my distance from people and didn't shake hands. Went to Kroger's afterwards went through self-checkout and washed hands after touching machine with debit card. Went to Wendy's afterwards through drive-thru and cleaned hands after giving girl my card and now enjoying the day outside picking up brush, sticks, leaves over the winter and burning them outside getting ready for spring and outside duties. Enjoy the day and keep attacking away hater...
                          Last edited by DirtRacer42; 2 weeks ago.

Comment

Originally posted by DirtRacer42 View Post

You should really figure out how to use the "quote" button ... hahaha.

Yes, can happen anywhere. I am living my life as well, but also living it smarter as well by not putting myself, my family in certain situations as well. Being smarter about it doesnt mean your not living your life.

Keep attacking away hater...
                            No problem with the quote button. See post # 7 and well as this this one and many others. I just don't feel the need to quote all of the nonsense that you write. And just because somebody doesn't agree with your nonsense doesn't make them a hater. I actually have a little fun pointing out how full of it you often are. And who you are changes as well doesn't it eroc?

Comment

Originally posted by Blaniac1 View Post

No problem with the quote button. See post # 7 and well as this this one and many others. I just don't feel the need to quote all of the nonsense that you write. And just because somebody doesn't agree with your nonsense doesn't make them a hater. I actually have a little fun pointing out how full of it you often are. And who you are changes as well doesn't it eroc?
                              You need to get your head out of the sand! I guess your going to try and say this is political as well like so many race fans and others have stated. Even though a Ohio Republican Governor is closing things down!

Comment

Working...
                              X