PPV racing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PPV racing

Whole Lotta ppv racing getting scheduled asap. Cherokee paying 10k to win 600 to start lm, Boyd's, Knoxville, track in Wisconsin, all tek, and somewhere else I read.

That’ll probably be the new normal for the time being.
    2020 Race Counter: 1
    Lincoln (1)

Comment

Nope, 8hrs to Georgia/ Tennessee line and you can sit and watch race Saturday at boyds

Comment

Originally posted by Jim11h View Post
        Nope, 8hrs to Georgia/ Tennessee line and you can sit and watch race Saturday at boyds
        I’m referring to Ohio. Unless you drive 8 hours you’re not going to watch one. Although brushcreek still racing as of right now on May 9th.
        2020 Race Counter: 1
        Lincoln (1)

Comment

Wife said when got home the "stay at home" order was in effect till June but was very liberal and business gonna get moving so obviously no racing till after. Attica recently updated and said closed till June but adding classes and races in August as well as racing after labor day

Comment

Sad thing Attica added races on Saturday over other tracks so now the fans and cars will be even more divided. We will probably see a lot of that happening.

Comment

Originally posted by RRacer70 View Post
              Sad thing Attica added races on Saturday over other tracks so now the fans and cars will be even more divided. We will probably see a lot of that happening.
              How many sprint cars from Attica go to Wayne County? Not many ... 5 at most usually? Not many Wayne County regulars go to Attica.

Also they scheduled some of these events when Fremont is off so that helps both of those tracks and their teams/owners/drivers/fans.

I understand why they added the dirt trucks to have 3 divisions so they aren't messing with other tracks for late model shows. Wish they would have thought a little outside the box such as bringing in midgets, usac/non-wing sprints, sod/nra/glss, or others instead of the trucks, but again I have never been a fan of the trucks or adding another division that really wasn't needed in this area simply because we had/have similar classes/payouts.

Comment

That last part made zero sense. Attica & Fremont run 4 divisions locally regular. 410, 305, lates, and trucks. They wanted a 3rd division to give fans more racing for their money and Attica is a 3 division track on regular shows. Always has been. What did ya want, mini wedges, since they race them all over nw Ohio?

Comment

That last part made zero sense. Attica & Fremont run 4 divisions locally regular. 410, 305, lates, and trucks. They wanted a 3rd division to give fans more racing for their money and Attica is a 3 division track on regular shows. Always has been. What did ya want, mini wedges, since they race them all over nw Ohio?
                  I will repeat for you since your having problems reading obviously.

Attica was getting away from trucks this year with very few trucks races before this new deal. So was saying instead of having trucks bring in 360's, non-wing sprint cars, midgets if they can.

Mini-wedges? Where did I say anything about that?

Comment

You said your not fan of bringing in division's just cause they're in the area, hence the mini wedge cause they certainly ain't from area. They needed a filler so they used what they had and cheap payout. Trucks ran twice 2yrs ago schedule 4 last year and 2 again this year. They got away from trucks 5yrs ago or more when dropped pts. Geez and you say I have comprehension issues.

Comment

Personally I don't think it will matter what they add whether it's classes or more dates. I don't think we will see too many races with fans in the stands. The ppv now is great but it will probably run its course by next month. I'm a dirtvision subscriber & will probably watch whatever content they have but outside of that, I don't see too many people paying for multiple ppv races.

Some weekly tracks like Attica & PA tracks are on a streaming service, but who knows how much money is going into each bucket now. If it's something to where the tracks can break even or minimize loss then it will help keep business moving for the upcoming year.

Doesn't really matter about anyone's personal opinion on the whole social distancing thing and plus we all know where each person stands on it. Fact of the matter is the tracks aren't able to open gates to anything but ppv only audiences until allowed legally. Each of our personal feelings on if that's right or wrong is irrelevant. I think by August we will be at a point where things are basically back to "normal" with the only outlier being empty stadiums for sporting events, fairs cancelled, and concerts cancelled. It sucks but it is what it is

Comment

I hope to God your wrong otherwise social media and stupidity has been used against folks and they were herded like sheep. I'm not gonna get political but honestly think social media and news blew this up worse than need be. People gonna die yes but more will survive and it's called pandemic for reason. It's a virus but social media created pandemonium

Comment

I hope to God your wrong otherwise social media and stupidity has been used against folks and they were herded like sheep. I'm not gonna get political but honestly think social media and news blew this up worse than need be. People gonna die yes but more will survive and it's called pandemic for reason. It's a virus but social media created pandemonium
                          Doesn't matter if it was or wasn't, doesn't matter if it is overblown or underblown. Personally I'm tired of the whining and crying about it from everyone on both sides. As I've told my parents & my friends, if you weren't complaining about this you would be complaining about something else & finding a scapegoat for it too. Accept the fact that no one has any control over this, and be thankful & enjoy what you do have. Other than not being able to attend races & working from home, my life has not been effected too much. I have one friend unemployed with kids because of this & another friend who has the virus & they are the only ones not complaining about anything & seeing silver linings

Comment

That's where your wrong, we have control! We as people of a nation have control but many think like you. Why vote, it don't matter!?

if wasn't this yes folks would ***** but it'd most likely be about the weather

Boston tea party was for a reason as was the blue grey battle

Comment

That's where your wrong, we have control! We as people of a nation have control but many think like you. Why vote, it don't matter!?

if wasn't this yes folks would ***** but it'd most likely be about the weather

Boston tea party was for a reason as was the blue grey battle
                              It's not about politics. Everyone these days makes everything about politics or some other scapegoat like media or social media. Before social media the internet was to blame, before that it was videogames, before that it was MTV, before that it was movies, before that it was television, before that music (insert certain forms throughout time), before that it was something else so on and so forth.

And I do vote because it does matter. I also call in the my representatives & senators also. When it comes to viruses & scientific things, it doesn't matter how you vote. And a majority of the politicians are listening to the direction of the scientists because both are thinking of society as a whole. Now that may not sit well for the people whose narritive to life is "f**k it, we're all going to die sometime," but they are not just thinking about that group. They have to think about the whole thing. Personally,no don't give 2 flying monkey s*!t$ one way or the other. I let my voice be heard to the important people with my vote then I adapt to what I have to adapt to. I learned a long time ago not to throw a fit when things didn't go my way

Comment

Working...
                              X