Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mansfield: major news/rumor?

http://www.4m.net/showthread.php?395...field-Speedway

says miliron sold to railroad, donating bleachers to Shelby high school, and bulldozers to follow!!!

if true that's sad news indeed

Wow! That place definitely was a top notch facility. If this is what's happening it sure is sad.

Comment

It's true. Could of been a nice place too if someone that cared a little had it.

Comment

I assumed whom posted was true and definitely shitty. Just think of years back what once was and now gone. Mansfield, Lakeville, Coshocton, Zanesville, jump 70 and hit midway, then Wayne County. Folks could race any night within 2hrs max normally hour and almost all that's gone. Wayne County only weekly track left I'm aware of. The history is more. Original home of the real Johnny appleseed classic! They merged points at one time with Eldora and millstream due to ownership. Many many things lost. Greats cut teeth and got big in this area raising locally at mansfield, was, and Lakeville like Tim Richmond, haud, jacobs, Moffett, gentry, morans etc

fyi, if anyone ain't watched, the dale Jr youtube stuff pretty cool stories and more. One involved rumor of true or not involving Tim Richmond blowing engine at mis similar to days of thunder scene and saying that's where scene idea originated basically

Comment

How many wins you got at them 2 tracks Joe each, Mansfield & Lakeville?

Comment

Originally posted by JK47 View Post
            Wow! That place definitely was a top notch facility. If this is what's happening it sure is sad.
            Yep sad indeed and they had plenty of fan support!

Originally posted by RYAN5R View Post
            It's true. Could of been a nice place too if someone that cared a little had it.
            Agree they had everything in place except for the right promoter to take the facility to the next level and bring it back, but they wanted big bucks with little effort and not many race dates and that is hard to do in this country along with growing the sport locally.

Comment

Very sad to hear this. It has a lot of memories for me.
              It was an amazing facility. The possibility was endless with the right person and money.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim11h View Post
                How many wins you got at them 2 tracks Joe each, Mansfield & Lakeville?
                I really don't know. A couple

Comment

Working...
                X