Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eldora's Kings Royal wont be happening this year.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RRacer70
    started a topic Eldora's Kings Royal wont be happening this year.

Eldora's Kings Royal wont be happening this year.

Saw 37th Kings Royal rescheduled for 2021.

Wonder what this will mean for future shows this year at Eldora and other tracks?

• Motorhead
    replied
    Originally posted by DirtRacer42 View Post

I have heard a lot of people complain about that point and even my brother does at times, but the racing has been a lot better since it got revamped. Most nights you can run from the top to the bottom, in the middle at times, etc... The only time you wasn't on the wall before is when they had 2" of rain and everybody was on the bottom messing with Bobby Allen's line.

Granted I don't like it when they are stuck on the bottom or just part of the way up, but that doesn't happen that much.

I believe the racing has been better for sprint car racing there and from what I have seen the late models seem to like it as well.
    I wouldn’t argue the point about the racing as the new configuration has certainly opened it up to more guys being competitive. But for me it’s not the edge of your seat goose bump show it once was.
    I remember many years ago at a KR drivers meeting. I believe it was Terry Baltes that opened the meeting with. “Gentlemen, you’re at Eldora”. And tho any racetrack demands respect, the old Eldora was a notch above.

Leave a comment:

• Sprint14
    replied
    Originally posted by DirtRacer42 View Post

I have heard a lot of people complain about that point and even my brother does at times, but the racing has been a lot better since it got revamped. Most nights you can run from the top to the bottom, in the middle at times, etc... The only time you wasn't on the wall before is when they had 2" of rain and everybody was on the bottom messing with Bobby Allen's line.

Granted I don't like it when they are stuck on the bottom or just part of the way up, but that doesn't happen that much.

I believe the racing has been better for sprint car racing there and from what I have seen the late models seem to like it as well.
    I think when they changed whatever it is they changed, it took them a year or two to perfect it prep wise. A couple races I was wondering what the heck was going on. Since about late 2016 I would say the racing has been some of the best I have seen ever since I first started going. Many nights yes the racing was real fast and the RR was right on the wall but it was like a freight train around the top. There was the danger of someone catching the wall and flipping violently which was part of the racing.

I'm sad about the decision but not shocked. Glad Knoxville is still having something this year in place of the Nationals. Out of my hands, thankful they tried to make a case for it. At least the waiting is done. Will still go back when they open up

Leave a comment:

• DirtRacer42
    replied
    Originally posted by Motorhead View Post
    I hate it for all that planned on going. But For me I’d been more disappointed if they ran it but no concessions. I’d likely went Thursday or Friday, for me it’s not the same since the track has been neutered.

Leave a comment:

• Motorhead
    replied
    I hate it for all that planned on going. But For me I’d been more disappointed if they ran it but no concessions. I’d likely went Thursday or Friday, for me it’s not the same since the track has been neutered.

Leave a comment:

• DirtRacer42
    replied
    Originally posted by Saphead View Post
    I just can't help but think that by going to the 4-day money grab last year somehow cursed the KR and it may never be the same again.
    What a shock another swipe at Eldora from you.

Knoxville has cancelled the Nationals as well today.

Leave a comment:

• Saphead
    replied
    I just can't help but think that by going to the 4-day money grab last year somehow cursed the KR and it may never be the same again.

Leave a comment:

• RRacer70
    replied
    Also I think many planned vacation for that and might not be able to reschedule it.

Leave a comment:

• DirtRacer42
    replied
    The problem for Eldora is several things for instance owned by Stewart so a lot of people are looking at them to see if they do something wrong.

Second, how many people attending the Kings Royal almost made it impossible to make it work even at reduced fans which likely would have pissed more people off by saying they didnt make the cut or haven't been a reserved ticket person long enough. If 17% and just say 25,000-30,000 fans that means only roughly 5,000 fans would be able to attend. How many fans would have been pissed if they wasnt allowed to attend?

Future shows will see what happens with the country. Got to think the sudden outbreak again in the south made OH governor worried about 25,000-30,000+ fans attending from all over the country and what might happen.

Side note: only missed 2 Kings Royals so this is a sad day/night which usually meant attending every event leading up to it as well whether it was a 2, 3, or now a 4 day event.
    Last edited by DirtRacer42; June 30th, 2020, 12:02 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X