Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

World of Outlaws move Attica race to Wayne County on 8/1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • World of Outlaws move Attica race to Wayne County on 8/1

    Just saw an update that WoO are now racing at WCS 8/1 instead of Attica on 7/31 due to local mass gatherings restrictions. Can still use tickets if previously purchased for the Attica event at WCS or the 2021 BDC.

    This should make the ones who wanted the Outlaws to race at tracks other than Eldora happy. Hoping for a good show and hope this leads to more Outlaw events at WCS

  • #2
    Hopefully WCS can meet all the WoO specs to have a race another year and get a crew to walk the track to pick up any debris or rocks that others have complained about.
    It should be cooler temperatures to help any dust issues.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Sprint14 View Post
      Just saw an update that WoO are now racing at WCS 8/1 instead of Attica on 7/31 due to local mass gatherings restrictions. Can still use tickets if previously purchased for the Attica event at WCS or the 2021 BDC.

      This should make the ones who wanted the Outlaws to race at tracks other than Eldora happy. Hoping for a good show and hope this leads to more Outlaw events at WCS
      According to the WoO press release the Attica tickets are not directly transferrable to WCS tickets. You have to contact the WoO ticket office to get a credit which can then be used for WCS or the 2021 BDC.

      Gotta imagine this will sell out. Don't know if ticket amounts are limited since WoO is controlling the purchases.

      Comment


      • #4
        There is a FB live on WCS talking about the show and tickets.

        Comment


        • #5
          I’m very excited for Wayne county but very disappointed I won’t be able to attend. Going to be chasing races in Iowa that weekend with the all stars.
          2020 Race Watch Counter: 11
          Lincoln (1), I-96 (1), Fremont (3), Attica (2), Oakshade (1), Dubuque (1), 34 Raceway (1), Knoxville (1)

          2020 Kart Race Counter: 6
          Palmyra (1), Fremont (1), 257 (1), Big B (1), Little D (1), Owl’s Nest (1)

          Comment


          • #6
            Hopefully no one is expecting a high car count for the race. As GTigers stated the All Stars will be in Iowa this weekend, Fremont is having a regular show, and just saw Atomic just sanctioned their hall of fame race with FAST which is$4000 to win. With these two shows going on, that is going to spread the cars pretty thin everywhere although I have seen a number of drivers tweet that normally run Fremont & Atomic say "nice to see Outlaws schedule in Ohio other than Attica & Eldora."

            Now relax the few of you that scream "why do all the other tracks have to close for the Outlaws!" I'm not saying that they should as they had already scheduled their races. Just stating that before anyone talks about a car counts, and tracks cooperating with each other, and why certain bodies go to certain places this might be the reason why it happens. Granted this was caused by mass attendance restrictions and all of that but no matter how it happened, it's happened. I just don't know if it's going to be a success from a business standpoint & from other fans based on the car count. I think that this weekend might be a failure for all tracks financially & fans expecting regular counts.

            Personally, I will be at WCS because no matter the count, I feel the best in the business will be there and the track does a good job of putting a track together that puts on a good show. Only 1 support class which makes it even better

            Comment


            • #7
              The counts for the only date this year with 3 410 shows on it in Ohio was 22 for AFCS at Fremont, 22 at Sharon, and 18 at Wayne Co. For FAST.

              There originally was a OVSCA show this Saturday at Muskingum co. But Muskingum pulled the plug on that.

              my guess is around 22 again for Fremont, 28 for WCS, and 20 for Atomic.
              2020 Race Watch Counter: 11
              Lincoln (1), I-96 (1), Fremont (3), Attica (2), Oakshade (1), Dubuque (1), 34 Raceway (1), Knoxville (1)

              2020 Kart Race Counter: 6
              Palmyra (1), Fremont (1), 257 (1), Big B (1), Little D (1), Owl’s Nest (1)

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by GTigers55 View Post
                The counts for the only date this year with 3 410 shows on it in Ohio was 22 for AFCS at Fremont, 22 at Sharon, and 18 at Wayne Co. For FAST.

                There originally was a OVSCA show this Saturday at Muskingum co. But Muskingum pulled the plug on that.

                my guess is around 22 again for Fremont, 28 for WCS, and 20 for Atomic.
                That would be around what I'm thinking as well, maybe a little less for atomic. I went to their last Wednesday show and I think they had only 18 which included Cale Conley (who I think will be at Fremont as he is 2nd in AFCS standings) & Ian Madsen who was released & I think the 18 car will most likely be at Knoxville or possibly WCS with Gio.

                Usually the Brad Doty Classic as a guide which had 42 cars, I can see anywhere between 15-19 teams not being at WCS due to Atomic points, AFCS points, All Stars, or PA. That would bring it to 23-27 WCS but then adding some locals at WCS it might boost it up to around 28 to 30 which is a good number under the circumstances. I just know that some will see the number & go why is it down so much which in a way is a fair point. I mean for years people especially here have said they want the WoO to go to other tracks in Ohio other than Eldora & 1 Attica race, now they got that & you would expect 40+ to 50cars even during these times given track layout. But after asking for it you could get the lowest count for an Outlaw show in a couple decades

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Sprint14 View Post

                  That would be around what I'm thinking as well, maybe a little less for atomic. I went to their last Wednesday show and I think they had only 18 which included Cale Conley (who I think will be at Fremont as he is 2nd in AFCS standings) & Ian Madsen who was released & I think the 18 car will most likely be at Knoxville or possibly WCS with Gio.

                  Usually the Brad Doty Classic as a guide which had 42 cars, I can see anywhere between 15-19 teams not being at WCS due to Atomic points, AFCS points, All Stars, or PA. That would bring it to 23-27 WCS but then adding some locals at WCS it might boost it up to around 28 to 30 which is a good number under the circumstances. I just know that some will see the number & go why is it down so much which in a way is a fair point. I mean for years people especially here have said they want the WoO to go to other tracks in Ohio other than Eldora & 1 Attica race, now they got that & you would expect 40+ to 50cars even during these times given track layout. But after asking for it you could get the lowest count for an Outlaw show in a couple decades
                  This is why all these local series is hurting Ohio (IMO) because it putting their series, teams, drives from going to where they (team/drivers) want (being tribal) and to basically forces them to those events because of points/money/schedule/etc... especially this year with the virus.

                  It is good in one hand for having shows for teams to make A-main money that likely wouldn't make the A-main, but bad for the fans not seeing our best locals all over Ohio to go up against the best in sprint car racing like we see in Pennsylvania, California, (IRA area), and Knoxville.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Of course, it rains and washes out all three sprint events that we were all talking about (Fremont, Atomic, and Wayne County).

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      It's Ohio weather.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X