Racing in August

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Racing in August

So what has been everyone's race season in August?Havent been able to get back to Fremont or Attica with work, only made it to Hilltop this month. The racing has been good there.
    Track conditions have been good.
    The show has really improved this year for efficiency.
    Prices are very reasonable for admission and concession stands.
    Plenty of hillside seating and bleachers to socially distance.
    Only thing missing is sprint cars.
    Would like to see them have a show there if the facility is up to it.

Was at the WCS Outlaw race that got rained out. Did not go to anything this past weekend as I am going to the one and only weekend at Knoxville this weekend. Should be a good time although it will have a different feel than years past. After that, hoping to definitely attend the races at Attica & WCS at the end of August with the All Stars. Not sure if I'll be able to attend anything between Knoxville & Attica though

Comment

I don't think you'll see the allstars at wcs this year any longer

Comment

Originally posted by RYAN5R View Post
        I don't think you'll see the allstars at wcs this year any longer
        Why would that be?

Comment

They had a disagreement I heard

Comment

????

Comment

Did see the WCS date on the All Star race has basically been cancelled. Wonder if anything will replace it.

Went to Knoxville for hopefully the one and only event. Everything was great and the track & Outlaws did a great job of making a positive from a negative. Racing was great throughout the field, program went flawlessly. Already looking forward to going back next year

Comment

Sprint14 glad it was a wonderful Knoxville experience in such a carpy year.

Is WCS the new version of the Fremont situation a few years back?

Comment

They're still running the Jacob's race for 10k unsanctioned. I guess the top allstar nuthuggers complaining about the dus . Haven't seen much dust in weeks

Comment

Good to hear that dust is being addressed. Last race I was there for was this years Speedweek. Hotter than hot and dust was an issue but it wasnt as dusty as Fremont.

So far it was either too wet or too dusty for some over the past few years.

You'll still have a good car count and true outlaws at the Jacob's Susong Memorial Race.

Comment

Originally posted by RYAN5R View Post
                      They're still running the Jacob's race for 10k unsanctioned. I guess the top allstar nuthuggers complaining about the dus . Haven't seen much dust in weeks
                      Not sure how Wayne County was any worst dust wise as any other tracks this year that they have raced at. I went to Fremont, Brushcreek, Portsmouth, Atomic all during speedweeks (Atomic was Fast Freedom 40) and all were dusty. The tracks were watering the track each night so it wasn't due to a lack of effort. Although I did see in a number of groups on Facebook people complaining about all Ohio tracks being dusty & no one in Ohio owns a water truck even though the track was prepped.

I thought Wayne County had received new clay either this year or last? Unfortunately I haven't seen a race there (went 8/1 but got rained out). Everytime I have planned on going the race ends up getting rained out. Will be interesting to see if the All Stars go to another track that night & which one.

Comment

New clay last year after race season over.
                        I have been to just as dusty tracks this year.

Comment

If you can't take the dust go to a asphalt track. At least Wayne county and attica try. Some don't even touch the track till race day

Comment

Yes WCS and Attica are there thru the week working. Hilltop also has been this year and last with different crew I believe and the results show it.

Comment

Season Championship Time is now starting which seems so strange after not many races this year.

Season is winding down.

Sharon racing again in Mid September.

Comment

Working...
                              X