No announcement yet.

Racing in August

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hilltop not racing this Friday as their water source went dry.
    Advertising a 2 day show Labor day weekend in mod lites and other classes.

Comment

All Stars at Attica the weekend after on 9/4 & 9/5. Atomic also running 3k to win on 9/5 but I don't think they will take many cars, other than Duncan who is leading the track points.

WCS having an unsanctioned 10k race that was the All Stars but now has been removed from the schedule on 9/6. Doesn't look like any races are scheduled against it 410 wise which is good.

Comment

I was reading on another site all star members have dropped off as some were going to other shows.
        Have no idea of the truth of the post since I have not watched allstars since speedweek.

Comment

Hefertepe dropped off around may-june and so did Zearfross. I think it was more of a situation of an unpredictable schedule moving forward as there was no guarantee Ohio speedweek would happen.

Dietrich decided to join but the dropped out to do PA Speedweek and a more PA schedule. Again it was more of the unpredictable schedule I think.

Peck & the 70 car parted ways and since Sye Lynch & Cale Thomas have had time in the car. Peck did fill in for McMahon this past weekend after a positive Covid test.

That's about all I can think of off the top of my head. Larson & Reutzel have pretty much dominated the season with Eliason scoring a couple wins.

Comment

Originally posted by Sprint14 View Post
            All Stars at Attica the weekend after on 9/4 & 9/5. Atomic also running 3k to win on 9/5 but I don't think they will take many cars, other than Duncan who is leading the track points.

WCS having an unsanctioned 10k race that was the All Stars but now has been removed from the schedule on 9/6. Doesn't look like any races are scheduled against it 410 wise which is good.
            35 Raceway has OVSCA 410s on 9/6. They’ve done it the last two years as well. Two different populations of drivers so shouldn’t be an issue. Hasn’t been in the past
            2020 Race Watch Counter: 11
            Lincoln (1), I-96 (1), Fremont (3), Attica (2), Oakshade (1), Dubuque (1), 34 Raceway (1), Knoxville (1)

2020 Kart Race Counter: 6
            Palmyra (1), Fremont (1), 257 (1), Big B (1), Little D (1), Owl’s Nest (1)

Comment

Wayne County Saturday August 29 had really good feature racing. Sat just past flagstand towards turn 1 and the dust wasnt.
              Very nice to see some different winners in the young drivers. Jordan Ryan in his new ride the Prosser 19R first win at WCS this year. Henry Malcuit 70 turned in his best performance of the year. Not the usual drivers running up front and it was close racing. Saw some new sprints there not sure where they were from 38. 20. 83. Hadn't seen them before.
              Late Models were just as entertaining until top contender broke but still quite the show. JR Gentry took the lead along with championship.
              Super Street stock also had a first time winner who was a 3rd generation driver.

Comment

Went to Portsmouth on Saturday for OVSCA. Track was pretty good, a little dusty at first but got better as things went on. A bit too many classes for my liking (410, Late Models, Modified, Limited Late Models, and sport mods) but considering the season is about over figured I'd sneak a race in. Car count was good to the point they had just enough to where no b mains were needed for any class thankfully.

Seemed to take the track awhile to sort out the running orders for the late models & modifieds as there were multiple spins throughout the night. Seemed like they ran extra caution laps to try and sort out the order. Late Model race was pretty good as at one point the top 4 were nearly nose to tail. Nothing special happened in the modified race. OVSCA feature was good. Cole Duncan came from 4th to 1st in the first corner. Early caution bunched the field up. Bryan Knuckles pressured Duncan multiple times but Cole was just better in traffic and held on for the win. At that point it was after 11:30 so we decided to hit the road. Racing was good, just a high attrition rate along with some lineup issues made the night long

Comment

Working...
                X