Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• September Racing

Attica all stars Fri and Sat.
    Hilltop Fri and Sat. Mod lite Special and lates.
    WCS Sun 13k Pete Jacob's Sprints and Mods and steel block series.
    I35 with OVSCS sprints.
    I'm shooting for Hilltop Sat and WCS Sun.

Outlaws just rescheduled the 8/3 rain out race to September 25 Fri. Glad to see it is rescheduled.

Planning on going to Attica on Saturday, hoping to do WCS on Sunday. Rest of the month hoping for Atomics 10k race that I think was rescheduled, then WCS & Lernerville with the Outlaws at the end of the month. Some good races set for September.

Comment

Surprised at Payoff for the WCS 13k. Drops from that to 3k for 2nd.
      Just thought it would be better.
      I'd rather see 10k to win and more on back.

Comment

Still great money dont get me wrong.

Comment

Truly amazed WoO was able to give them a date so soon and in this year.

Comment

Originally posted by RRacer70 View Post
            Still great money dont get me wrong.
            Great first prize, but basically local show purse for the rest of the positions.

Comment

Truly amazed WoO was able to give them a date so soon and in this year.
              I figured they would get the date they did as soon as the rain hit us in the stands that day & they announced to hold onto the tickets. Figured if the Kings Royal hadn't happened & no announcement had been made of any changes in that county status, then 4crown wouldn't happen. Made the most sense to do WCS then Lernerville as they were close by. I saw Eldora cancelled their date on the Outlaws site prior to Knoxville so part of me was going what the hell is taking so long.

Comment

Good car count at Attica and tonight should be just as good.
                Hilltop doing mod lite special.

Comment

You can catch the Wayne County Race on Flo Racing it was announced.
                  Excellent turn out of drivers worth watching. There were 4 Jacobs representing the family.
                  Unfortunately Rico broke very early in feature as I was looking forward to watching him race.
                  But Jac Haud was worth ticket prices. Cap Henry as I said was not to be counted out. They put on an amazing race. Track was racy. Cole Duncan and Tim Shaffer did their true outlaw style.
                  Steel Block late models brought back for you older race fans Dave Wirt in the 991. Great to see him race again as he had not raced for years.
                  The first half was many yellows then once they got going, the race was good.
                  Modified race was wheel to wheel with Nathan Loney Doug Drown and Kyle Moore. Loney broke and the 2 put on a fantastic battle.
                  Former multiple track champion Took Wiles returned to racing in his son's 187 and after many years absence showed he could still run up front.
                  A few hiccups were overcome and a great night of racing.
                  They are off for 2 weeks and return for the WoO Sept. 25 show. If they have the track in same shape, it will be an a night.
                  I will admit I enjoyed the unsanctioned race more than if it would have been an All Star show. They started 26 cars.

Comment

Sept 25 WoO Sprints WCS

Comment

Atomic has a $10k to win FAST 410 race this Saturday 9/19. Modifieds & Sport Mods are the support classes. Might decide to go to it since nothing is going on Sunday so the late evening early morning won't be too big of an issue. Hopefully the program moves along. Other than Fremont, I don't think any other 410 races are happening so the field should be fairly good.

Comment

Sept 25 WoO Sprints WCS
                        Unfortunately it looks like Sharon speedway has a $4000 to win 410 show the same night which may take some decent cars away. Not sure what the payout is throughout the field but some may decide to go to Sharon. At least it's better than 4 tracks going head to head on the same day like last month. I forget how many they pulled that day, want to say high 20's maybe 30

Comment

Surprised we dont have a little more activity on this board.

Shout Out to GTiger55 for being featured on Ohio Dirt Podcast

Comment

Surprised we dont have a little more activity on this board.

Shout Out to GTiger55 for being featured on Ohio Dirt Podcast
                            A bit odd. Especially since Attica & Fremont have been racing pretty consistently as well as Wayne County. Went to Attica & Fremont twice this year and the racing was pretty good. Figured people would be getting to the track after be couped up for all that time. It's actually turned out to be a solid year if you are a spectator especially if you have been able to use FLO or Dirtvision on the nights you can't attend.

Still some good shows on tap upcoming in the next month.

Comment

Well we dont hear from GTigers55 and Hordracewatcher like we did with their changes in life as they previously started really interesting threads.

I only made it to Attica and Fremont 1 time each and Wayne County 3 times. Hilltop I have seen about half a season to a few more shows there as I can make it to there from work.

Now if Hilltop was just a sprint track would help. The races there have much improved and are getting decent car counts and almost always the shows are done well before midnight. This weekend is their 2 day weekend on the Hill with 5k for late models on Saturday and already hearing some bigger names are coming.

I have not previously gone to a weekend on the hill so with work I am going to go both nights. Format sounds interesting this year.

Not much was said about the WCS non sanctioned Pete Jacob's Memorial. I truly found that race to be the best of their race season. The track was in tremendous shape and the racing was good. Even being avoided by the All star drivers as I heard they had a new rule about their drivers competing in non sanctioned events, opened the show up to lots of drivers. All the names that came were more than enough for me to enjoy a really great show. They also proved you could run a big show without a sanction. I read somewhere the show will pay even more next year.

I could see this becoming the new thing for several tracks as the sanction fees now charged by some series really make it hard for some tracks to make as much profit as needed to carry the track forward. I also see some of the little sanctions getting more shows with tracks that aren't the main line ones due to them carrying a full feature of drivers and not breaking the tracks bank. I was thinking the sanction fees have gone up as you are paying all the salaries of those traveling with the All Stars as I'm sure that's not cheap especially as they add more staff.

Finding of interest an often overlooked group, the OVSCS.
                              They have really built up their shows. They have a steady group of drivers and seem to attract others to run with them. This has been a pleasant surprise as they have provided good racing with increased purse for smaller local teams. They have been attracting a broader range of drivers that I have noticed. This group has been organized to run a quick show for races I have seen.

The races have been well attended to the ones I have gone to this year.

Now of interest will be to see the WoO sprints at WCS this next Friday Sept. 25 if work allows.

Anyone know how many regular drivers are still running the All Star circuit since they have done so much traveling this year. Seems the numbers have dropped from when I read results. Feel only the very well funded teams can keep up with them thus securing the top point monies.

The Jim Ford Classic at Fremont is also a big hit for Fremont. Had read they are adding FAST sprints to the All Star show. So is there separate FAST races or is the FAST cars just lumped in to the All Stars to make a bigger car count? Will it be strictly All Star format.

I never hear much about Oakshade anymore.

Actually the Attica and Fremont chat has also died off.

Comment

Working...
                              X