Sheldon Haudenschild at Wayne County

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sheldon Haudenschild at Wayne County

Sheldon did his hometown track and fans the best they came to see.

WHAT A NIGHT!

49 Sprints.

Track was excellent race condition. They kept widening out the track as night went.
    Show moved along quickly with only slight delays of an ambulance and twice for crowd removal of being at fences.

Henry Malcuit #70, regular WCS car, put on a heck of a run holding on and winning the B Main.
    Brock Martin, another hometown racer, made an impressive run to capture an A position thru the heat.
    Chris Myers, another WCS regular, who has really struggled this year came back to take a transfer spot thru his heat race to the A.
    Dean Jacobs, WCS track champion, also made it to the feature.

The crowd was there to support Sheldon as everytime he made an appearance on the track, the crowd went wild.

Rico Abreu was also another big hit as he has raced several times at WCS building up a fan base.

Then Jac, he has a special place at any race.

All the drivers had their fans there. It was really awesome to see all the shirts supporting the drivers. Serious shirt sales were happening.

No flips, No bad crashes made for a much better night.

After Sheldon won, The crowd swarmed the fence to see him. They started a Sheldon, Sheldon, Sheldon cheer that just carried the win a little farther for him. He had to have been emotional winning at his home track.

I think the night was charged by the fans who came out to support this track hosting this huge event. This was huge in our area of racing in this part of the state.

WCS proved they were up to the challenge of successfully hosting the show of shows.

Side note was some of the bad actions of the fans. Some folks had blankets down they were sitting on and went to buy stuff or restroom break and when they came back, bad action folks had thrown their blankets down and taken the seats. Security was trying to sort that out but it was just sad that folks had to act that way. These were not people that put blankets down early and left.

Originally posted by RRacer70 View Post
    Side note was some of the bad actions of the fans. Some folks had blankets down they were sitting on and went to buy stuff or restroom break and when they came back, bad action folks had thrown their blankets down and taken the seats. Security was trying to sort that out but it was just sad that folks had to act that way. These were not people that put blankets down early and left.
    That is pretty shitty of these so called fans! We had that issue at Eldora a few times during the Kings Royal weekends before they started making the 4th turn concrete reserved sections. We would put down seats/plastic on the concrete and when we arrived they were either sitting right on top of the plastic the one year or moved the plastic. That didn't bold well for those people when we arrived with about 10-12 guys who wasn't very happy.

This is why some of these tracks need to upgrade their facilities (IMO) and have enough seating to be able to handle these bigger type of events. If this place or others had plenty of seating it is likely this doesn't happen or likely wouldn't happen as much.

Also seen where some people were taking down banners during the dash draw ... I believe most tracks don't mind if you take the banners that the series puts up for that night or weekend, but wish that fans would wait till after the races to take them down.

I use to do this as well at one time ... I had a HUGE Pennzoil banner that was at Eldora that they used on the backstretch, but I waited till after the Kings Royal to take it. I am curious what do these fans do with them or do they just take them because they are free? I used mine in my garage for a limited time, but after I moved to my new location I actually didn't have room in my bigger garage along with my basement that I fixed up and didn't have room for a banner.

Comment

The seating issue was the only downfall to the event. If you were someone who went after work & traveled most likely you did not have a good view. My dad and I took turns sitting in our one seat, with my son sitting in our leg. Glad the race happened & the race was good but I'd say if the Outlaws return, I hope there is some extra seating. I know there is a cost associated with that but it wasn't the best of experiences for some people. Of course some of those are the same ones that go by the philosophy of, that was the worst f'n race/track I have been too, and I refuse to go to it again until next week."

I thought everything was good and glad to see the support. Only request although might be hard is just someway to get a little more seating

Comment

Working...
      X