2015 Mansfield Motor Speedway Season Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2015 Mansfield Motor Speedway Season Thread

Racing returning to Mansfield: It took Kevin Ruic five years, but the longtime motor sports showman will finally promote events at Mansfield Motorsports Park. Racing will return to the half-mile oval in 2015. The Avon Lake businessman said he reached a deal in principal with MMP owner Grant Milliron to bring up to six special events to track. Attempts to reach Milliron were unsuccessful. The nature of those events is still to be determined, but Ruic said a three-day tractor pull, a monster truck and thrill show, a supermodified and sprint car event, a July 4 fireworks show and a rodeo could be possible for 2015. Bringing in major events such as NASCAR or ARCA are not in the plans.(full story at the Mansfield News Journal), Mansfield Motorsports Park held five Camping World Truck Series one each season from 2004-2008.(9-29-2014)

Didn't ruic used to run sandusky speedweek

Comment

Well they better dig it up and repave it then because the last time I was out there for a sprint and super modified race, cars literally bounced down the straights and chunks of asphalt came up in turn 3. Needs a lot of work

Comment

i wunder how many renegade shows they will have there next year. i imagine the 300 or so fans from ppms will make the trip there to see em.

Comment

Originally posted by J.Shambaugh1J View Post
          Well they better dig it up and repave it then because the last time I was out there for a sprint and super modified race, cars literally bounced down the straights and chunks of asphalt came up in turn 3. Needs a lot of work
          Put dirt back on it and make it a real racetrack again.

Comment

Originally posted by Amish Mafia View Post
            i wunder how many renegade shows they will have there next year. i imagine the 300 or so fans from ppms will make the trip there to see em.
            I was at the show at PPMS and I think you miss typed 3,000 fans is more like it.

Comment

It was a nice place, it could be an awesome place if it was covered with dirt....

Comment

Rumor on the street is Kyle Larson purchased both Mansfield and Millstream....

Comment

Originally posted by Jason Curlis View Post
                  Rumor on the street is Kyle Larson purchased both Mansfield and Millstream....
                  Lol

Comment

Saw this on Sandusky Speedway's Facebook page:
                    ATTENTION: K & B Promotions – parent company of Sandusky Speedway, The MSA Supermodifieds, The Main Event Racing Series, the Buckeye Super Sprints and Sandusky Speedway Karting Series has entered into a lease agreement to operate Mansfield Speedway. According to K & B Promotions General Manager Doug Dock the track will operate approximately 6 events throughout the 2015 racing season. The schedule is to be released within the next 24 - 48 hours with the first event tentatively scheduled for Sunday June 21st, 2015 featuring the MSA Supermodifieds, Modifieds and Front Wheel Drive cars. The Main Event Racing Series is tentatively slated for two races as well as the Sprints seeing some track time this season!

Comment

I like the Sunday afternoon racing. Will not conflict with other tracks.

Comment

MANSFIELD SPEEDWAY TENTATIVE SCHEDULE RELEASE:
                        The track is slated for 6 events throughout the 2015 racing season.
                        The tentative schedule is:
                        Sunday June 21st, 2015 MSA Supermodifieds, Modifieds and Front Wheel Drives
                        Sunday July 5th, 2015 Modifieds, Front Wheel Drives and other division TBA.
                        Saturday August 1st, 2015 Main Event Racing Series, Modifieds and Front Wheel Drives.
                        Sunday August 23rd, 2015 Main Event Racing Series, Modifieds and Front Wheel Drives.
                        Saturday September 5th, 2015 Auto Value Sprints, Modifieds, Front Wheel Drives.
                        Sat/Sun Sept 12th and 13th Cavalcade – Main Event Racing Series, Modifieds, Street Stocks, Front Wheel Drives, Ohio Stocks, Vintage Cars other divisions to be announced.
                        The Modifieds will run under the Sandusky, Lorain or Midvale rules with a Hoosier 970 tire rule.
                        Front Wheel Drive rules to be released soon.

Comment

Hey Liskai, when is the dirt coming back.

Comment

I'll go to the Auto Value Sprints event, but I hope they can bring more than 15-17 cars or it will be a LOSER. This is a very nice facility and I hope they can make a " Go " of it.

Comment

Always liked going there as a kid ... loved the racing there on dirt. Haven't been there in a very long time and watched the truck races there when on TV.

Comment

Working...
                              X