No announcement yet.

2015 Millstream Speedway Season Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I measured Millstream next to the wall and it was 2 tenths of a mile short of a half. I also measured Eldora next to the wall and it also came up just short of a half mile.Millstream had longer straights but Eldora had more sweeping turns. Google earth it and you see if I am wrong. I am not a land surveyer but that's what I got.

Comment

Who really gives a rats ass what size it is??? After all the years of good racing in the past there, did you REALLY sit there and go ohhh damn is this place a half mile or not???? Who cares as long as it opens and we get another track to help keep this sport a rolling in our region.

Comment

I give a rats ass, that's why I posted it!

Comment

I looked up several different track stats sites. Some call it a 3/8 mile track and some a 1/2 mile track. I guess it is who is telling the story. That's what SHE said, too!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jason Curlis View Post
            I give a rats ass, that's why I posted it!
            Hope they put up better lights so curlis can see parked cars.

Comment

or use the f*****g water truck

Comment

No way it was 2 tenths of a mile short of a half mile. That would mean it is .3 miles on the outside, barely bigger than a 1/4 mile. 2 hundredths maybe.

Comment

It's always been a 3/8 mile til now. They cut the top off a while ago do u can't run the wall anymore.

Comment

Findlay is 85 feet wide and 4 tenths around the outside when we measured it. Earl once told me it is every bit smaller than a half as Eldora was bigger.

Comment

http://www.daftlogic.com/projects-go...lator-tool.htm

Used this and Millstream on the outside wall was .42 Miles, or 2,223 Feet.

Eldora was 2,484, or .47 miles. Both under a half.

Fremont, is 1,723 or .326 Miles (3/8 would be .375)

Nobody is perfect, and who cares how big tracks are? Now we all go back to arguing about something else. . . . .

Comment

I worded that wrong, it was 1 tenth short of a half mile and 2 tenths off 2 times around.

Comment

Well Danny, obviously you care how big the tracks are or you wouldn't have bothered to take the time and effort to look them up and measure online. It is a discussion. Who cares? Well, probably the people in the discussion. If you don't, you have the option not to take part. Lol.

Fremont has always advertised as a 1/3 mile, it looks like they are nearly exact. Millstream to me doesn't even look anything like it used to. First time I raced there it still had the banking and was damn near a mini Eldora. That was pretty bad ass. I don't like the new layout as much, but it's a race track. Glad it's coming back again. Now if we could only get a few sprint car races at Oakshade.

Comment

Turn 3 & 4 to small to be enrire pit area. The way cars exit track is same as Florence and kx last Time I was there and worked fine

Comment

Moving dirt west of Findlay at the new renegade speedway.Maybe there is a Santa Clause

Comment

It needs more than dirt tho

Comment

Working...
                                X