No announcement yet.

2015 Millstream Speedway Season Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Every project must have a starting point...

Comment

Wait. What?
      ~~ Connect with me on LinkedIn ~~
      http://www.linkedin.com/in/bryanautullo

Comment

They have been working on the track and in the pit area at Millstream for the last couple weeks. Alot of dirt is piled at the north end of the speedway. Not sure if it has been removed from the track itself or just moved around in the pit area.

Comment

Just curious when they will release some info....ANY info? There's obviously big plans with all of the work going on out there. Fencing, for some unknown reason is torn down. LOTS of dirt going back on the track. Supposedly getting new spectator grandstands? The only info anywhere is the renegades schedule, which is far from reliable at this point. It would be nice to know what divisions will be running out there at least, and an approximate number of races for them. Would be nice to be able to approach local sponsors had the racers had info ahead of time.....

Comment

there is 5 sprint shows , late model speedweek, not planning on any weekly racing will have to see what kind of support. go kart track going in. planning on putting new fence up and maybe some concerts. he is trying to get the place back in order been setting a little long. they want it to be nice when people come in to see race as far as support classes dont think it has been desided. if a guy can get a good bunch of cars [class] may want to contact them

Comment

If I had to guess, they will have 305 sprints support the Renegade races and Modifieds support the Late Model show(s).

Comment

Originally posted by Jay72c View Post
                If I had to guess, they will have 305 sprints support the Renegade races and Modifieds support the Late Model show(s).
                If they pay decent I'd say they'd get some cars to show up

Comment

Talked with Randy Hammer just last week. Looking to have about 12 shows. He was still up in the air on the divisions.
                  2020 Racin' Chasin' Counter: (6) - Volusia (4), East Bay (2)

2019 Racin' Chasin' Counter:
                  54 Races @ 33 Tracks; (19-Rain Outs)
                  2018 Racin' Chasin' Counter: 50 Races @ 31 Tracks; (12-Rain Outs)
                  2017 Racin' Chasin' Counter: 57 Races @ 30 Tracks; (7-Rain Outs)
                  2016 Racin' Chasin' Counter: 59 Races @ 28 Tracks; (15-Rain Outs)
                  2015 Racin' Chasin' Counter: 56 Races @ 25 Tracks; (12-Rain Outs)

Comment

I love mods, probably my favorite division. But they had like 11 cars the last time millstream ran them. Stocks vs. trucks had 20. Just wanting to be able to race my division (stocks) at my home race track and would like to be able to seek local sponsor support. Hard to do with 0 commitments, which might make it harder for some guys to support the place regularly.

Comment

Give the 305 sprints $1000 to win and $150 to start, i would be shocked if you saw less than 20 cars

Comment

305's get $150 to start at Attica and Fremont. Most guys live near this area. They need to pay back better and make it $200 to start to get a decent car count imo

Comment

Originally posted by RYAN5R View Post
                          305's get $150 to start at Attica and Fremont. Most guys live near this area. They need to pay back better and make it $200 to start to get a decent car count imo

I would agree. So you are saying instead of adding meet to 1st place, take that $500 and put it through the field?

Comment

I think they mixed 305's and 360's in recent years to get a full field, didn't they? I'm not promoting the track so I get no say, but I feel if they completely change the historic support divisions for the track (not saying every single week), the track would lose a little of its appeal to me. I haven't missed watching a race there in 25 years (though 10 or more were closed), and as long as I can remember mods and stocks (recent years mixed with trucks) were the "regular" support divisions. It's also a bucket list item to win a feature there, I really hope I get another opportunity.

Comment

Only 360/305 challenge at fremont. I'd say $1000 to win $200 to start would bring a full field. I think every 305 race should pay at least that.

Comment

That's about what 360's get isn't it? Not sure they get that much to start. We're all underpaid, I am used to it lol.

Comment

Working...
                                X