No announcement yet.

2015 Millstream Speedway Season Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They could also use a good FENCE guy (catch fence and chain link around property, a good ELECTRICIAN guy (new lights for track and make sure old ones will work and other areas), a good CARPENTER guy (to fix all the broken stuff in and around the buildings) a good PLUMBER (to fix all the plumbing in and around the restrooms) a good LUMBER YARD(to supply enough lumber to fix all the bleachers) a good WELDER (to fix all the broken steel on the bleachers) but hey at least the inside wall will have new paint on it. WHAT A JOKE THIS WILL BE!!!

Comment

Why all the hate... would you rather they just dig a big hole and push it all in?
      I have been to many dirt tracks over the years that have facilities just as you describe which have never ceased operations... I find it very nostalgic... LOL!

Comment

Derf will be there when they open bitching about how the grass isn't cut quite right or how the cars in the parking lot aren't facing towards the west. All the improvements theyve already made are more than has been done in the last 12 years. Some people just like to ***** about everything.

Comment

D dumba$$ E everytime R really F fake

Comment

I cant wait to go back to Millstream!

Comment

Pretty high dollar (IMO) unless that is the price for All-star and all-star speedweek show as well?

I realize they are going for more of a "special events" type of racing this year, but I cannot see paying $20.00 for a normal late model show, a normal non-wing/Boss show, or even a normal sprint car show especially not knowing what to expect.

I wish them well and hope they keep improving the facilities and getting people to support this track and these people running it! Just to far away for me on a normal Sunday night besides possible the All-Star shows and that price of admission for normal nights.

Comment

They are only doing special shows Eroc!

Comment

If they went sunday nights with ump late models so they could run for points they would fill the place up with 360 and 305s. It would work.

Comment

Originally posted by Jay72c View Post
                    They are only doing special shows Eroc!
                    Well understand to a point since they are only having 8 shows this season, but your definition of "special shows" is different than mine I guess.

Sorry I am not going to travel 1 hour and pay 20.00 to see non-wing sprints that pay 1,500 to win ... that doesn't seem like a special show to me.

I agree that the "special shows" (IMO) are on half their schedule ... the 3 All-Star shows and the 1 late model dirt week show.

As stated before ... I hope they have great success and wish them well, but I will likely only go to the All-Star shows.

Comment

Heres the thing though Eroc that i am sure they thought about. Would you drive an hour to watch the non-wing sprints if admission was $15?

Comment

I would.
                        ~~ Connect with me on LinkedIn ~~
                        http://www.linkedin.com/in/bryanautullo

Comment

Originally posted by Jay72c View Post
                          Heres the thing though Eroc that i am sure they thought about. Would you drive an hour to watch the non-wing sprints if admission was $15?
                          I would more likely do it for 15 than 20 that is for sure!

For 20.00 no chance at all especially seeing that Attica is having the ALMS late models (2,000 to win), FAST Sprints (3,000 to win), and 305's seem like a better card for probably equal or less money and for a person that looks at the value of his entertainment dollars.

Also if late models, 360's, or 305's were on the card would make it more appealing (IMO) for the fans spending the 20.00 than mini-sprints. Just seems high (IMO) for that card which pays 1,500 for the boss series and 400 for the mini-sprints when comparing other events, tracks, or the card/program.

Again wish them well and hopefully next season they will keep adding more dates, more events, more racing at my favorite track when I was growing up. Always loved going there and sitting down in turn 1 on the hill.
                          Last edited by ErocWolverine; May 16th, 2015, 02:11 AM.

Comment

I think the prices above are for the May 31st show. I bet that is not the price for all Millstreams shows.

Comment

Originally posted by JK47 View Post
                              I think the prices above are for the May 31st show. I bet that is not the price for all Millstreams shows.
                              I hope your right, but wouldn't they say "May 30th show" instead of "2015 Millstream Speedway Admission Prices"? If that is the case they might want somebody else to handle their web site/twitter account before they lose customers before their season even starts.

Comment

Their season is on the line May 31st. If the show runs smoothly along with smooth racing surface, clean facilities, etc. the people will come back. If this show ends up like the speedweek show a few years back, it will fail again.

Comment

Working...
                                X