Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Racerguy6n
    replied
    Well Danny, obviously you care how big the tracks are or you wouldn't have bothered to take the time and effort to look them up and measure online. It is a discussion. Who cares? Well, probably the people in the discussion. If you don't, you have the option not to take part. Lol.

Fremont has always advertised as a 1/3 mile, it looks like they are nearly exact. Millstream to me doesn't even look anything like it used to. First time I raced there it still had the banking and was damn near a mini Eldora. That was pretty bad ass. I don't like the new layout as much, but it's a race track. Glad it's coming back again. Now if we could only get a few sprint car races at Oakshade.

Leave a comment:

• mdr4774
    replied
    I worded that wrong, it was 1 tenth short of a half mile and 2 tenths off 2 times around.

Leave a comment:

• DannyMac22m
    replied
    http://www.daftlogic.com/projects-go...lator-tool.htm

Used this and Millstream on the outside wall was .42 Miles, or 2,223 Feet.

Eldora was 2,484, or .47 miles. Both under a half.

Fremont, is 1,723 or .326 Miles (3/8 would be .375)

Nobody is perfect, and who cares how big tracks are? Now we all go back to arguing about something else. . . . .

Leave a comment:

• Fremont Speedway
    replied
    Findlay is 85 feet wide and 4 tenths around the outside when we measured it. Earl once told me it is every bit smaller than a half as Eldora was bigger.

Leave a comment:

• RYAN5R
    replied
    It's always been a 3/8 mile til now. They cut the top off a while ago do u can't run the wall anymore.

Leave a comment:

• Racerguy6n
    replied
    No way it was 2 tenths of a mile short of a half mile. That would mean it is .3 miles on the outside, barely bigger than a 1/4 mile. 2 hundredths maybe.

Leave a comment:

• Jason Curlis
    replied
    or use the f*****g water truck

Leave a comment:

• RYAN5R
    replied
    Originally posted by Jason Curlis View Post
    I give a rats ass, that's why I posted it!
    Hope they put up better lights so curlis can see parked cars.

Leave a comment:

• 4thturnfreaks
    replied
    I looked up several different track stats sites. Some call it a 3/8 mile track and some a 1/2 mile track. I guess it is who is telling the story. That's what SHE said, too!!

Leave a comment:

• Jason Curlis
    replied
    I give a rats ass, that's why I posted it!

Leave a comment:

• Duane
    replied
    Who really gives a rats ass what size it is??? After all the years of good racing in the past there, did you REALLY sit there and go ohhh damn is this place a half mile or not???? Who cares as long as it opens and we get another track to help keep this sport a rolling in our region.

Leave a comment:

• mdr4774
    replied
    I measured Millstream next to the wall and it was 2 tenths of a mile short of a half. I also measured Eldora next to the wall and it also came up just short of a half mile.Millstream had longer straights but Eldora had more sweeping turns. Google earth it and you see if I am wrong. I am not a land surveyer but that's what I got.

Leave a comment:

• RYAN5R
    replied
    I think Eldora is a lot bigger than findlay tho. If that's the case wayne co is a half mile too.

Leave a comment:

• OhioDirtFan
    replied
    Originally posted by Jason Curlis View Post
    1/2 mile track? they building a bigger one?
    They rounded up like Eldora...

Leave a comment:

• Jason Curlis
    replied
    1/2 mile track? they building a bigger one?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X