• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OhioDirtFan
    replied
    Via http://www.insidelinepromotions.com/...lk=featureNews

Renegade Sprints Set for Several Shows at Millstream Speedway Next Season

Inside Line Promotions - FINDLAY, Ohio (Oct. 21, 2014) - The Renegade Sprints will headline the return of sprint car racing to Millstream Speedway in 2015.
    Randy and Lisa Hammer recently became the promoters of the half-mile track, which has been dormant for much of the past three years. The Hammers will operate special events only at Millstream Speedway, including several Renegade Sprints races.

"There's no doubt in my mind that (Renegade Sprints President) Shane Helms and everyone at the Renegade Sprints are going to succeed," Randy Hammer said. "Everything I see is positive and headed in the right direction. We want to run several races with them next year."

Hammer added that the Renegade Sprints dates will be decided in the near future and a schedule will be released this offseason.

"We are excited to have Millstream Speedway reopening and booking Renegade Sprints events in 2015," Helms said. "Randy and Lisa will do a great job. I think they are great people as well and we look forward to working with them.

"I grew up at Millstream Speedway. When I was about as high as a nerf bar my dad would take me to that race track. I raced against Jeff Gordon, Sammy Swindell, Brad Doty, Steve Kinser, Jac Haudenschild, Jack Hewitt and Rick Ferkel to name a few. I got my second career feature win there. My dad has several track championships and many wins there. So it's a special place to me and my family."

The Renegade Sprints will return to action this Friday and Saturday at Atomic Speedway in Chillicothe, Ohio, where the season will wrap up with the $15,000-to-win Open Wheel Championships.

Leave a comment:

• ErocWolverine
    replied
    Originally posted by Jay72c View Post
    Give them a chance people damn.

Half the crowd can bring lawn chairs and you can bring in private food vendors and porta johns if you don't want to build anything.
    Agree to a point, but Millstream has a lot of problems safety-wise before even opening the doors or at least they should such as the lighting, the bleachers, and the fence.

The other things can be worked around I guess, but a lot of issues and mainly nobody taking care of the place or has done anything to it since Earl owned it.

After the safety issues are fixed I hope they do something different with the pit area especially with the in/out gates ... never understood why they have them the way they do now especially when they made drivers go around and into the infield to get off the track. (IMO) if they are going to leave the pits in the backstretch they need to have the other gate in turn 3.

Wish they had the pits in turn 3 & 4 so fans could park closer to the track, maybe have a better set of stands on the backstretch for more capacity/better seats.

Leave a comment:

• RYAN5R
    replied
    It was alway a 3/8 mile when I raced there

Leave a comment:

• OhioDirtFan
    replied
    Originally posted by RYAN5R View Post
    They don't even know how big their track is
    I would imagine they were just rounding up...

Leave a comment:

• Jay72c
    replied
    Give them a chance people damn.

Half the crowd can bring lawn chairs and you can bring in private food vendors and porta johns if you don't want to build anything.

Leave a comment:

• Jay72c
    replied
    Originally posted by DERF View Post
    Well there goes any chance of getting it updated this is a JOKE and they will NOT make it.

Wow

Leave a comment:

• skip
    replied
    For the people fans racers and the Hammers the best of luck and hope it works out for all parties , Its long over due for racing to come back to Findlay.

Leave a comment:

• DERF
    replied
    Originally posted by AbNormal86 View Post
    Randy and Lisa are good people. I can only wish them the best of luck. Just hope they already have loads of clay being hauled in from local fields cuz that dirt is shot! The rest of the problems that need fixing will take time and money.
    They better haul in truck loads of money also,which I doubt will happen. And we know ROE'S are not going to put money in it.

Leave a comment:

• aannhh11
    replied
    Originally posted by AbNormal86 View Post
    Randy and Lisa are good people. I can only wish them the best of luck. Just hope they already have loads of clay being hauled in from local fields cuz that dirt is shot! The rest of the problems that need fixing will take time and money.
    ? I know it depends but how long can dirt or clay last if they run like Attica or Fremont?

Leave a comment:

• AbNormal86
    replied

Leave a comment:

• DERF
    replied
    L.M.A.O.

Leave a comment:

• DERF
    replied
    Well there goes any chance of getting it updated this is a JOKE and they will NOT make it.

Leave a comment:

• RYAN5R
    replied
    They don't even know how big their track is

Leave a comment:

• Jay72c
    replied
    Wow this is awesome. Best of luck to the Hammers!

Leave a comment:

• aannhh11
    replied

http://wfin.com/news-update-ticker/m...pen-in-spring/

Millstream Speedway to reopen in spring

Oct 17, 2014 Posted by In News Update, News Update Ticker Comments 0

The owners of the shuttered Millstream Speedway say the half-mile clay oval will reopen in the spring.
    Owners Greg and Mary Beth Roe today said they have a three-year agreement with racing enthusiasts Randy and Lisa Hammer of Fremont to return motor racing to the track northwest of Findlay.
    Millstream Speedway has been closed for three years.
    The Hammers did not disclose a schedule for 2015. But they said their strategy is “to include different forms of motorsports, local community participation on the grounds, and reaching out to local charities and non-profit organizations that can be helped by the racing community.”

Leave a comment:

Working...
X