MORE TYLER WALKER

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MORE TYLER WALKER

http://www.thespectrum.com/story/new...oned/23886131/ Maybe some day he'll be in jail but I doubt it.

He looks all clean cut now. Get that young man back into the Air-Sep #35 asap.

Comment

Another example why we need drug testing

Comment

Originally posted by RYAN5R View Post
        Another example why we need drug testing

Who is going to cover the cost of that?

Maybe a rule could be made where if you suspect someone you pay to have them tested and if they fail they get fined and you get your money back.
        __________________________________________________ _________

http://www.cjgilbertphotography.com/

Comment

Insurance companies should make it mandatory. It's not the racers responsibility. It should be the tracks responsibility to take care of it.

Comment

Like a job. Everyone test at beginning of the year with random drivers picked every race night.

Comment

Wouldnt mind seeing random breathalyzer tests either

Comment

Why do we need drug testing?
                Did Tyler Walker drive a Sprint Car across three States?

Comment

Originally posted by Jay72c View Post
                  Like a job. Everyone test at beginning of the year with random drivers picked every race night.
                  The problem becomes who do you test just the sprint car drivers, all drivers no matter what class, or do you add crew guys as well? Who pays the test, and who gets out from doing a test? Also if the drivers are to be tested I would also like to see each track personnel to be tested as well so you can easily say we are a "drug free" track and our employees/volunteers have been tested.

The problem with the track paying for the test is how many times does a driver have to test because if he is a WoO driver I would think the WoO guys pay for it, the same thing with the All-Stars, but the problem becomes what about the local guys or invader guys that might pick and choose their races or just race locally and they might only come to a track a couple times a year such as a PA guy that comes for speedweek and where he is from they don't test? Does the local guys that travel to places like Attica or Fremont get tested twice or does one test cover them and who pays for the local guys?

I think for the most part it would be a great idea, but the logistic of it will be the issue and trying to figure everything out. Not as simple as NASCAR because everybody drives for one series/body so they all fall under NASCAR. Where you have WoO's, All-Stars, invaders, locals, thousands of drivers/teams throughout the USA, etc...

If you make the track do it than you almost need somebody (registered nurse) at the track every single night to make drivers take a test to send in (along with a quick test to see if a guy passes for the night to race while you wait for the test results to come back in by the labs). Another problem will be is to say that somebody just starts racing in the middle of the year because he didn't have a ride or didn't have his car together yet. The problem will be that some tracks if they put this into place that some drivers will try and get around the system by either not going to tracks that make it mandatory, skip the week that they know they are doing the test, or find another track that doesn't test.

To make it fair and I know most drivers/team won't like this, but I think it is up to each driver to be tested and pay for it before their first race which I believe is $90.00 from the last one I took for my annual drug test (through the drug program called MOST) for construction work before you go to the event. I have to be tested before I start work or have my annual test by a certain date or I cannot work. That way it is all set before the season and no questions asked if you have your card updated or not. Also this way they carry a card into the track that says they are good every year and have to show that at the gate every single week just like showing a drivers license.

Then have a weekly or monthly random test where you take 2-3 drivers and have them tested and do it from the pill draw/qualifying order where somebody picks new numbers every time and nobody knows which ones until the drivers meeting and right after the drivers meeting they make an announcement for the drivers to stick around and have to take the test right afterwards. If they refuse to take it, that will represent a positive test and be banned for the rest of the year and inform other tracks what happened so they know or have it in a database so when a track calls in they know if a guy is good or not.

The problem is ... there is always a way around these test especially if your using a drug and trying to hide it or use something to fix your test/sample.

Comment

Stop writing books Eroc. You talk in circles. Keep it short and sweet.

For example, take this last post above, and try to condense your story into a 1 paragraph summary.

Comment

I'm sure curlis would volunteer to hold the cup for the guys.

Comment

Originally posted by Jason Curlis View Post
                        Why do we need drug testing?
                        Did Tyler Walker drive a Sprint Car across three States?
                        I will give you two reasons 1-Kevin Ward Jr. 2-Tyler Walker, if you think he never raced buzzed up then you yourself should get drug tested.

Comment

3 Tim Kaeding 4 Who knows what goes on at the local level.

Comment

Originally posted by Jay72c View Post
                            Stop writing books Eroc. You talk in circles. Keep it short and sweet.

For example, take this last post above, and try to condense your story into a 1 paragraph summary.
                            Sorry, but this isn't an easy fix or an easy one paragraph solution. I gave several reasons why it cannot be done by the tracks. Go ahead and bash away and if that is the only problem you have with it .... OH WELL!!

Comment

Not bashing, just trying to help.

Comment

Working...
                              X