Attica Opener Friday

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attica Opener Friday

Not looking good on the weather front for next Friday's Attica season opener with 80% chance of rain on Wednesday and Thursday and highs below 40 degrees both Friday and Saturday. I just hope they pull the early. Hopefully it improves to get the All Star doubleheader in the following weekend.

Especially with lows in the mid 20's both nights

Comment

Shouldve tried to race last Friday.

Comment

I applaud Attica for trying for an early start to the season, however what I see tracks doing that is most upsetting is closing up way too soon in the fall? There is alot of good weather lost to swinging the gates closed in late August and early September!!! Before anyone even starts the S%#!, F*&% Football!
        2017 Race Counter - Total-57 (Rainouts-7) Atomic-3, Attica-5, Bedford-2, Bubba Raceway Park-3, Eldora-6, Eriez-1, Grandview-1, Knoxville-4, Lincoln Park-1, Lincoln-1, Lincoln Fairgrounds-1, Lebanon Valley NY-1, Lernerville-1, Macon-1, Mansfield-3, Mercer-1, Orange County NY-1, Outlaw NY-1, PPMS-1, Port Royal-3, Selingsgrove-1, Sharon-1, Susquehanna-1, 34 Raceway-1, Tri-City-1, Wayne County-5, Waynesfield-1, Williams Grove-2, Volusia- 3

Comment

Originally posted by Racechasser View Post
          I applaud Attica for trying for an early start to the season, however what I see tracks doing that is most upsetting is closing up way too soon in the fall? There is alot of good weather lost to swinging the gates closed in late August and early September!!! Before anyone even starts the S%#!, F*&% Football!
          I agree to a point about closing up early, but I didn't really like when Attica would switch to Saturday nights especially for those teams that were racing elsewhere on Saturday nights and had to pick which one to attend.

I know this has been discussed in the past, but Attica made an agreement I believe with Seneca East (believe just a verbal agreement) that they would try and not interfere with Friday night football games. I think both can work for that area and track, but also understand that they don't want to force some of those fans to pick and choose which event to attend on those fall nights.

Wouldn't mind seeing them doing some early afternoon Sunday night shows after the points are done and see what might happen.

Comment

This year it's all Fridays with the only saturdays being 2 day shows.

Comment

As for this year, looking at SE football schedule. Their 1st 2 games may be on the road. So it the impact of that would be less for the most part.. Aug. 28 & sept 4..

Comment

Working...
              X