No announcement yet.

2014 Atomic Speedway Season Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Be interesting to see how the fans show up for this event ... think will be a great show, but seeing the 35.00 ticket price on Saturday might make some fans stay away especially with the weather.

Comment

I think with the class of cars and drivers it will be a good turnout for fans IF the weather is in the mid to upper 40's. Get there really early if the weathers in the 50's. This race is going to be like a world of outlaw race many fans at Atomic Speedway. Plus, you have everyone for the non winged and modifieds $5,000 to win. This is going to bring in a good amount of fans too.

Comment

$35 is not a bad price considering all of the great cars that will be there. You've gotta pay for that purse in some way shape or form

Comment

Were just one week away from opening night of the 1st annual Open Wheel Championships. 3 classes of open wheeled cars, winged 410 sprints $15000 to win/$1000 to start, non-winged sprints $5000 to win/$500 to start, and open wheeled mods $5000 to win/$500 to start.

Comment

3 days to get one race in really SUCKS.

Comment

Originally posted by DERF View Post
              3 days to get one race in really SUCKS.

Not when it pays that kind of money out with a dash in each class that pays $$$$$ along with a non qualifier race for Renegades. Going to be a great show!!!!!

Comment

And the Sprint are running Fri and Sat. only. Friday qual. and heats. Sat. only mains I think its a great Idea for late Oct racing. But start on TIME!!!!!!!

Comment

The only cars that will be racing all 3 days will be the B main transfer cars out of the non-wing sprints and the Mods. And yes, each class will run a 10 car dash for cash that pays an additional $1000 to win. Plus, there will be a 20 car NQ race for the winged sprints that pays $2065 to win. So really 44 winged sprints will run an A main on Sat night. I would say with the time of year it is, start time will be stressed.

Comment

$15,000 to win for winged 410 sprints!
                    $5,000 to win for non wing sprints!
                    $5,000 to win for modifieds!
                    Complete schedule of events, admission prices, payout, pre-entered drivers list can all be found on the OWC website at:
                    http://atomicspeedwayowc.webs.com/
                    Campers started rolling in yesterday...
                    Going to be one exciting race weekend!
                    Atomic Speedway Race Director - www.atomicspeedway.net

KL Print & Design - www.klprint.net

Comment

Weather is looking perfect!!!!!!

Comment

I can't believe that long range forecast for late October. Even nature wants the Renegades to succeed.

Comment

Anyone go?

Looking for thoughts on the weekend.

Might make a road trip down there next year.

Thanks

Comment

new series, new race, new cars ... same results ... Dale Blaney winning.

I went Friday night ... and wasn't very happy with the crowd, the race or should say waiting for the race to begin especially on a pretty cool/windy night. Wasn't able to go on Saturday because of other commitments, but heard it was some good racing and of course the All-Star winning it.

Comment

I went to both Friday and Saturday shows. Friday there was a lengthy wait because the ambulance that was supposed to be at the track went to the high school football game instead. The announcer did a good job in giving updates as to why there was a delay for people who showed up late to the event and were wondering why it had not started yet. Crowd wise, it was a decent turnout but was expecting a bigger turnout for friday because of all of the hype. Saturday's crowd was better. Racing was great on both nights especially on Saturday. Madsen and Chaney stole the show early with exchanging slide jobs and fighting for the win until the last lap. Modified came down to the last lap as well. 410's put on a great show, guys moving from the back into the top 10. Wingless race was good with Ballou winning it. It was announced that the even will be moved next year to July 31 and August 1. Only a 2day show

Comment

I went down Saturday night and the weather and the racing were phenomenal. The memorial race was pretty exciting like Sprint14 stated. The dash races for all 3 classes were good. Kemenah was impressive in The Renegades dash as was Darland in the non wing dash. They passed the helmet for Lee Jacobs which was pretty cool. Next came the features. The Renegade main was good with cars running from the bottom all the way to the wall. Blaney got to the front and pulled out to a decent lead and maintained it the rest of the way, followed by Lasoski and Greg Wilson who may have been the fastest car on the track at the end. The modifieds came out for their feature next and that turned out to be the best race of the night. K.C. Burdette won followed by Jackie Boggs. They also used the whole racing surface from bottom to top. Boggs is the most aggressive, hardest driving racer I've ever seen. He drove past, around, through, and over whoever was in his way and barely missed out on a victory. Last was the non wing race with Robert Ballou taking the checkers over a hard charging Todd Kane. I would definitely recommend getting down to Atomic for a race or 2. The place is racey as hell, high banked, and extremely fast.

Comment

Working...
                                X