2015 Wayne County Speedway Season Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2015 Wayne County Speedway Season Thread

The SprintCar Spectacular at Wayne County Speedway on Saturday, May 16th will have $5,000 to win for the wing Sprints and BOSS wingless Sprints will be $1,500 to win plus Crate Late Models and Super Stocks all for just $15 general admission!!!! Lots of drivers committing to this one!!!

Running late on posting this....

Glad to see the Florys are putting back into the track by....
    The addition of more lights to the track made a big difference. They will have to probably keep after that and adjusting them but made a huge difference over last years dark spots.
    The scoreboard was much appreciated. It also seemed larger than the old one and easier to read.
    The grandstand exterior fence was extended out for more walkway and really looked nice.
    They had the dust under control. If they could do this all year, would be great.
    Show moved along quickly.
    A Kid's Club was going on with projects they were making and games and they had Wally Walrus for the kids. Something for kids to do in the slow time was nice.
    Dollar Dog night was appreciated especially for feeding kids.
    Admission prices were fair and reasonable compared to some tracks. Love the kids 12 and under in free when taking the youngest. Believe me the kids spend the money at the concession and souvenirs. Would like to see a nice well stocked souvenir stand which they don't have.
    Decent food and prices at the concession stand.
    Would like to see the Rush Crate Late Models build up into a bigger class or just run them with the Super Lates when the numbers are down. Have to give them time I guess to see where that class goes. I follow the sprints but enjoy good late model racing.
    Sprint cars put on a good feature race. Danny Mumaw, Brad Haudenschild, Jimmy Pooler and Chris Myers made the show well worth watching. All the cars put on a good show, was not disappointed in the race.
    Worked on pa system and that seemed better.

Also they eliminated group qualifying and went back to pill draw for heat starting positions. Qualifying they announced will be for special events, sanctions. This seemed to make the racing so much better. I know that will not make some of them happy but overall I think it improved the racing. Was really getting tired of follow the leader type races where I read in the results the top finishers usually started right in the front.

Would like to see them be able to keep the dust under control like last week. Now I know this area has not had the spring rains as much as other years so the ground is dry all over so I hope that will not be the case of having a dusty track.
    Hopefully they can keep adding to the track improvements. It has come a long way the last 3 years improvement wise.

Comment

Originally posted by RRacer70 View Post
      Running late on posting this.... Also they eliminated group qualifying and went back to pill draw for heat starting positions. Qualifying they announced will be for special events, sanctions. This seemed to make the racing so much better.
      Pretty sure this makes Jason Flory a National Promoter of the Year Candidate. I'll be checking my schedule at Fremont for weekends off now.
      Looking for home security? try www.rssmonitoring.com Looking for eternal security? try www.ohiograce.comt

Comment

50 Super Late Models here They are using PERISCOPE Having a C Main

Comment

They ended up with 55 late models. Fantastic car count for Buckeye Late Model Week. The non winners race was an excellent idea. Overall great show and not sure how but all the rain went around the track.

Comment

Was there a decent crowd? Just curious how well received the new event is by the fans. Maybe a little hard to judge with the expectation of rain by so many...

Thanks,
            John

Comment

It was a great night of racing. The track was in the best shape I have seen. Impressive array of drivers representing many local tracks plus series and out of state. Rain did go all around. New lights or replacements really lit up the track. Picnic area for people and a large tent really added to the track. Brillant idea of THE FIRST for non winners race to become a first time winner. Really impressed by Jeremy Canada. Would have liked to seen him win to get the sponsorship deal. He drove Ryan Markhams Rush Crate Late Model and made both features. I think the grandstand crowd was hurt by the weather as it was not like a sprint speedweek crowd. It was a good crowd. Everyone seemed to have a good time. Didnt see any real problems with the show. Track was amazing.

Comment

I think with the car count in the 50s that was a remarkable start to the late model speedweek. Combine this with sprints and it would make a super special show.

Comment

I thought they had a really good crowd considering there was rain all over the area. We drove through rain from Mansfield all the way through Wooster on the way there. On the way home it rained from Wooster all the way to McComb. Track was smooth and the racing was good with position battles all over the track. Gardner getting his 100th feature win was cool to see also. Congrats to Wayne County and Brad McCown for a successful night.

Comment

Brandon Gardner getting his 100th feature win and the special attention was a very nice touch. Glad they took time to interview him. Actually the race reminded me of the time period when the Gross family had the track and several big late model shows each year that were really name pullers. Tim McCreadie really added to the show. I can see why he has gone so far.

Comment

Great event! Hope this LM Speedweek and Non-Winners race becomes an annual event. Next year WCS should eliminate the long period of downtime between the the two features. Maybe I'm just spoiled by the tightly run events Attica. The cars in the Non-Winners race should have been in the chute while the winner's circle activities were taking place. When the winner's circle is done, the cars in the next feature take the track. That's how ARP does it.

Comment

The way they finished in the Don Gross Memorial was the way they started the 1st Ever race plus out of the 'b' and 'c'. It took a little time to set that line up for it. Canada was in Markhams crate car but it was also his back up big motor.

Comment

WCS has races in the chute ready to go on the track. I have seen 2 races lined up for heats. They explained the delay was they had to go thru list of approved racers. They had to mark the highest finishers in the A. Then the B and then the C. The lineup could not be done until the Don Gross A main was finished. Then they had to go thru the finishes to place them in race lineup which came from finish position And I imagine they had to make sure the racers could continue due to mechanical issues or crashes. They ran the features of the other 2 classes between the c and b. And b and a to give late models a chance to prep for move to next feature. So they had used up the other classes and nothi g to stagger. If there had not been a c ee would have seen that feature between races. All in all they did a good job. I have been at Attica and other tracks where they have had delays too.

Comment

I think it was the ever present threat of rain that made the wait for the First Time Feature so hard to endure. I appreciate how much effort is involved in putting on an event. Saturday's event was well run and the track was very racy. For every thing WCS did wrong last Saturday, they did 100 things right. See you all on Monday for Speedweek and RUSH Latemodels!

Comment

Wayne county is racing. $10 general admission. No sprints tonight.

Comment

Working...
                              X